Normal To Dread Normal Life Again? and the Toliet Seat Issue | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Normal To Dread Normal Life Again? and the Toliet Seat Issue Normal To Dread Normal Life Again? and the Toliet Seat Issue

Unread 02-27-2003, 07:11 PM
Normal To Dread Normal Life Again? and the Toliet Seat Issue

TAH 1-17-03 Left Ovaries. I went in for my 6 week checkup today everything was fine did an internal and external exam and the doc took stutures out of my vagina! I asked him what he was throwing away and he showed me up close, stutures!!! I still have some stutures that are not dissolved but can resume sex and everything else. He told me to just take it easy. THAT is the problem. I have taken care of myself very well, too much I think. For 4 weeks I did absolutly nothing unless it was for me. My DH and DD and MIL did things for me as far as housework and the like. Just this past week I started doing things around the house. ALL I DID was take it easy--naps, walking, eating when I felt like it, doing what I wanted. Now I have to go back to work tommorrow--I am dreading it like the plague. I am going back to work with some problems that I left with--a coworker, etc. but I am sure I will be fine. I just hope that when I walk in, she does not bombard me with a jillion things all at once. I dont think I can handle it. She is very high strung, has a power thing going, and doesnt want me there anyway. I just want to go in and do my job but do my job well and keep my blood pressure at a normal. Things at home have been so so so calm this last six weeks and when work is stressful, Im not sure how I will cope. I want to stay in the relaxed state that I have been in. Other things at home are different now too. I went to the city for my appointment, did some shopping, out to lunch etc. was gone all day, when I got home, nothing was done. It seems that at home things are back to normal too. Do I have to do everything again myself now? Or am I going to be the BIT** to get help? I know I need to talk to DH and DD about this so we can all pitch in. When you have a hysterectomy, things change. You change, your environment changes while you are recovering. Why does it have to change when you are better???? I am sure that as long as I can, for my health, I choose to remain calm. I like life much better that way. Isnt that the way it should be? A person can be much more productive and positive when calmness surrounds them, an inner peace. Thats what I have found with my hysterectomy. It has taught me that no matter what, life will go on. The floor will still be dirty the next day if it is not swept, the laundry will still be there, dishes and the like. The world will keep on spinning no matter what. Whats the use of getting upset? Because before I put every issue and problem on myself, took care of it because I thought it was all up to me. When I realized someone else had to do it, things changed. Its just that I dont want to go back to doing it all on my own--I think it is again another adjustment we will all need to make. DH and DD had to adjust to me not doing anything at all and now that I am back doing those things they have went back into their mode of "I will take care of it" because I always did. This time around, I think "We will take care of it" and if it doesnt get done today, there is tommorrow or another time. And as far as work goes, if it doesnt go well, there is always another job out for me there somewhere. Thanks HysterSisters for listening. I have been to this website many times. It is wonderful to have the support and advise from this site. I shall check back daily like I have since day one. This site has helped me with many issues I have faced and each week was a journey to recovery. Take Care and God Bless. Please sorry so long and respond if you feel like it. I would love to hear from you all.

P.S. Something I have not seen mentioned on these boards which is kind of amusing in a way.......Did anyone feel like when they were in the hospital when they went to the bathroom for the first few times that the toliet seat shrunk way to the ground. I found that one of the hardest things to do is to swat down to sit on the seat. I was like--where did it go why is it so low. OH! OH! OH! Ha Ha. Responses?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2003, 09:22 PM
I know how you feel

I'm enjoying my time as Princess and although I am impatient to be back to my normal self, the rest has been so wonderful for me. I was stressed at my job the last couple of weeks and actually remember laying in that hospital bed after the surgery all hooked up to a morphine pump and all thinking "it's so nice to rest and not have to hurry up and do something!"
I know other Sisters have said they have found the surgery to help them make some changes in their lives to eat and live more healthfully. Perhaps that goes for balance between work and play too both at home and at work--and educating our family as to our needs.
Good luck!
Jo
Unread 02-27-2003, 09:29 PM
Normal To Dread Normal Life Again? and the Toliet Seat Issue

I can identify. I am also not looking forward to going back to work. My one boss is 83, she desperately needs a hip replacement but is refusing to consider it, works 10 hour days, 6 days a week, and yes, I said she is 83!! The other boss openly admitted when she was an "underling" on the job she would take long lunch hours when the boss is gone, she takes time off whenever she feels like it... what that does to me is:Boss #1 doesn't consider anyone elses pain to be bad enough to take time off, thus they had a "problem" with my attendance 4 days before my surgery...Boss#2 thinks that everyone thinks like she does, so my taking time off that isn't legitimate... So basically, neither one really considers that this was serious enough to take time for. And I am not paid for it anyway. Their message to me basically told me that I might as well forget taking summer vacation with my family, so I am seriously planning on leaving there at the end of May. We need (I need) family time together (I work every weekend and 4 weekdays). And day care costs almost as much as I make anyway. Hopefully I can find something part time in the fall that is somewhat flexible. At home, like yours, I got lot's of help the first weeks, now they are slacking off. I have spouted off, cracked the whip, but it is stressful, that's for sure. Shame on them! We are still healing! And they should help out more consistently anyway!
Yes, on the potty. Took awhile even after going home that I didn't feel like I was sinking through the floor.
Oh...Mine was TVH...yet, I find I have really needed these six weeks. I get far too fatigued driving much distance at all.
Cathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register