Going Alternative Meds And Acupuncture | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going Alternative Meds And Acupuncture Going Alternative Meds And Acupuncture

Unread 02-27-2003, 09:33 PM
Going Alternative Meds And Acupuncture

After the long haul and adding yet 4 more meds since Jan. I decided it was time to seek help in a different way.

This week saw a doctor (ER surgeon as well) that sat and TALKED TO ME for almost 2 hrs about EVERYTHING......from birth to now. She saw the many diff ailments I was having and after the hyst she has seen many women (much like on here) and I had the feeling she ACTUALLY KNEW what many are going thru.

To make a looooong story short: after 2 hrs she prescribed FLAXSEED OIL 1000 mg a day and CALCIUM- 1000 mg & MAGNESIUM - 500 mg a day (mag at bedtime) ALSO a DETOX KIT to mix in water and drink 3 large glasses a day. All this to cleanse and then replenish what she felt I am missing.

Then I tried my 1st acupuncture treatment...I am praying this may help my back and neck..... I just had one overall treatment - but afterwards only on the back....BAD THING...insurance wont pay for it. But I will fork over the bucks for awhile to see if it helps.

ANYONE TRY THIS ROUTE????????????? I WOULD LOVE TO CHAT ABOUT IT TO LEARN AND TO SHARE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2003, 09:47 PM

Dear Laurlaur, I have been having accupuncture for just over a year now for bladder problems and it is the first thing that has helped me for the last 3 years of tests,hysterectomy etc. I also was very impressed with my first visit with my accupuncturist. She to talked with me for over an hour and felt that it is a combination of things to deal with for an overall result. The back has alot to do with ,like for me ,bladder problems. I do tend to suffer with bad back aches and never thought of the connection. I started with weekly visits then after 3 to 4 months to fortnightly and now on 3 week appointments. I missed a break of 2 months of accupuncture and noticed my bladder problems started back so I dont miss treatments now. I think you will find thyis a much better road to recovery and more pleasant. They have a great deal more time for you and treat the body as a whole which is the way it SHOULD be. Goodluck and all my best ,debbiepxx
Unread 02-27-2003, 10:00 PM

I have no experience in acupuncture, but if it helps then I would be willing to give it a shot as well. What is wrong with your back?? I am in soooo much pain and taking narcotic pain meds (Tylox) 4 times a day along with naproxin and that does not seem to even work very well. I have DDD, and 2 herniated discs in my lower back and am seeing a neurosurgeon. I have the back brace and can not wear it very often because I cant sit with it on. I am supose to call tomorrow and schedule to have a series of epidural steroid injections and that scares me to death..Please let me know if it works for you and I am curious to hear if anyone else has any info on acupuncture.. Good luck...

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2003, 04:44 PM

{{{LaurLaur}}}
When you're in pain and getting no relief I think it's worth looking outside the box. My special doc has said to me "modern medicine has failed you, sometimes you need to look outside the box". That is when he referred me to the Osteopathic doctor. She diagnosed things that my GI docs never would've looked for.

Anyways, good luck with the acupuncture. Special doc has mentioned that a time or two and I think I'm going to call him on Monday and look into that further as my pain has decided to take a 190 degree turn, and not for the better. I had totally forgotten about that until I saw your post.

Keep us posted LaurLaur.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register