Got my picture took today! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got my picture took today! Got my picture took today!

Unread 02-28-2003, 02:48 PM
Got my picture took today!

Ok, so it wasn't my good side. Do insides have good sides.......... Anyway, went for the staging CT today. The drink stuff wasn't as bad as I was led to believe. I've drank worse on purpose. What was funny was, they gave me the pictures to give to the dr on Tuesday (and Thur, will get to that in a minute). I don't know about you girls, but I looked.
Several questions came to mind. What in the heck is that? and that, and that. Oh, God, please tell me that's not my liver! (followed by the "This Bud is for You" song). And answers. Hey! That's what happened to my dad's little pocket knife and that little toy horse I lost when I was 3! And 47cents in assorted change.
Anyway, back to the real stuff and why I have to see drs on Tues and Thur, rad/onc on Tuesday. Internal High Dose 1-2 for 3 weeks is what onc thinks, then 6 wks if needed to give me a tan on lower half. Thursday I have to see a surgeon. I have a hernia on my incision site that has to be fixed. I am going to be having so much fun! Doctors don't seem to think it's any big deal. They just shake their heads and say "Pam, Pam, you just have to be different, don't you". I don't want to be, really. I mean really.
So anyway again, do tanning booths give you a discount if you only have to tan the top part?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2003, 04:05 PM
What a way to get a tan!

Pam,

I did it too. Just yesterday I finished my 33 radiation treatments on left breast. I may have to have the radiation drs. even me out -- same thing (DCIS) may be happening in right breast also. Will have biopsy probably in April or May. Hopefully will be negative this time. I'd be happy to stay bi-colored. Doctors said I did very well with the radiation. The red/tan, very dry skin was the only side effect I had.

Mary D.
Unread 02-28-2003, 10:09 PM

{{Pam}}

I love your way of describing things!!! You go girl!!! Keep that sense of humor going, works wonders on your moral and getting through all this.

Trying to figure out what's what on those films is interesting isn't it? You'd think it would be easy to identify things but some aren't easy at all!

Best to you for your upcoming appointments, I hope they both go well and you receive nothing but GREAT news!!!

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2003, 06:38 AM

Pam! You crack me up, woman! Only you would think to be looking for that toy horse !

Anyway, I hope your appointments go well and that this takes care of it for you! Enough is enough!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register