Question Please: | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question Please: Question Please:

Unread 02-28-2003, 08:25 PM
Question Please:

I had a TAH/RSO in June of 2002, my pathology report showed no signs of cancer. In December of 2002, I had an ultrasound that showed an 18 cm mass that according to the Dr who read the US was "consistent with a malignancy", I had that removed and again the pathology report showed negative for cancer. Now I have numerous "granulomas" in my pelvic and groin area and I am scheduled in March to have those removed but my Dr doesn't seem to be concerned with the possibility of cancer. He is not running a CA-125 or anything like that. Should I be concerned by this or am I being a worry wart? It just seems strange to me that I am getting these unexplained growths all of a sudden. I feel like I am being a hypochondriac but I'm really not sure what to think. I looked up "granuloma" on the internet but all it said was "a tumor composed of granulated tissue" and I'm not quite sure what that means or what to make of it.

Any insight would be appreciated. I hope everyone is doing well. Thanks.
Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2003, 10:02 PM
Question Please:

{{{Dawn}}}

Have you seeing a Gyn Oncologist or have you consulted with one at any point? Not meaning that there IS something wrong but they are the experts and even if it only eases your mind and answers some questions, it might be worth doing.

If you're concerned about the pathology you also might consider having them reread by another facility.

I hope this does turn out to be nothing to worry about and hope you'll be able to get additional information to answer your questions.

Keep us posted.

{{Hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 03-01-2003, 08:27 AM
Question Please:

Hi Dawn

I totally totally agree with Vicki!!

Before I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer I did not know what an oncologist gynocologist was.

Now that I unfortunately know who they are and the magic that they can perform, I highly recommend seeing one to anyone that has any problems. The word oncologist should not scare you or anyone else. They are just the experts in this field. They know exactly what to look for and how to treat it. My doctor actually saved my life when my regular gynocologist told me that what I was feeling was nothing!! Imagine that. I had trused this doc for 25 years, he delivered both my boys, and I thought he was great. Boy was I wrong.

It was my regular family doc who actually sent me for a cat scan and then to the oncologist gynocologist for a second opinion. I am totally grateful that he did.

Good luck to you and keep up informed.

Rosalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2003, 09:38 AM
Question Please:

Dawn,

I know you probably know from other post of mine that I am not trusting of any DR. Not that they haven't helped me but their plates are so full and they see so many patients- everything is just routine to them. My health is not routine to me!! I don't want to fall through the cracks- I don't believe that is being a hypochondriac but being proactive in my own health.

If you aren't satisified with the answers you are getting dear, you have every right to explore second even third opinions. The ladies suggestion of a GYN-ON sounds like a great possibility. Since you are already scheduled for a surgery you might be able to get in quicker if you tell them you are looking for a second opinion to this.

You are NOT a worry wart, you want to take the best care of yourself as possible. It doesn't mean something terrible might be wrong but it does mean you can have some peace that you have taken every precaution with your health. That is your RIGHT.

BTW: it would be great if you could get the pathology reports to take with you to the GYN-ON for his review too!

Big s girl,
DLK

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register