Lots of appointments the week of March 3rd! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lots of appointments the week of March 3rd! Lots of appointments the week of March 3rd!

Unread 03-02-2003, 10:43 AM
Lots of appointments the week of March 3rd!

Hi, Girls! Please do your finger warm-ups and join me in wishing our sisters well as they go off to their appointments this week:

Monday's appointments:

KYAndrea has a follow-up appointment with her gyn/onc. Good luck Andrea! I hope you receive great news!

Margaret321 (Ellen) goes for chemo #8 and CA125 results. Ellen--crossing my fingers for a REALLY low number for you. I hope that chemo goes easy on you and hard on those cancer cells!

Theproess (Laurie) is having her 1st chemo (taxol and carboplatin). Good luck, Laurie! I hope all goes well for you and that the side effects are minimal.

Tuesday's appointments:

Coyoso (Karen) is having her TVH. (((Karen))) I hope your surgery goes well. Remember to be a good Princess and get lots of rest so that you recover well.

Riverbend (Pam) goes to see the radiation oncologist. Good luck, Pam! I hope they come up with a course of action that will take care of this problem!

VickiA is going to visit her hematologist. Good luck, Vicki! I hope you get good news about your platelets!

Wednesday's appointment:

Lenaseipel is going to the castle for her TAH. (((Lena))) I hope your surgery goes well. You're going to look great in that crown! Remember to get lots of rest and drink plenty of fluids.

Thursday's appointments:

Riverbend (Pam) has an appointment with her surgeon to talk about her hernia repair. Good luck, Pam! I hope they fix that soon!

SirenSong is having her tumor removed and a probable TAH. Good luck! I hope your surgery goes well and that they are able to remove all of the tumor and that you will need no further treatment. Take care of yourself and recover well!

Saturday's (?) appointment:

Sunshineangel (Linda) is having her follow-up appointment with her gyn (2 years post-hysterectomy!). (((Linda))) I hope you get wonderful results at your appointment!

's and 'ers for all of you! Please come back and let us know how those appointments go!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2003, 11:37 AM

Best wishes to all of you as you go through your follow-up appt's and chemo treatments as well as surgeries. I hope each and every one of you does well this week.

I'll look for good news when I return in a week. My 8 yr old dd is having surgery this week as well, and I will be in with her all week. I posted in HS Prayers for her last week.

's
Unread 03-02-2003, 11:47 AM

I'm also sending my best wishes to all of you. As always, you'll be in my prayers. Gail, there will be prayers for your DD also. Let us know how she does.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2003, 12:02 PM
Best Wishes to Everyone

I think my oncologist will drop his teeth (all natural) and stare at me and go: You DID it! You weren't kidding. Nope--ladies I now have a nice (done by "Spike" no less) 1" teal ovarian awareness ribbon tattooed (yes--tattoo, real one) on my left forearm. Now I am a walking ad for ovarian awareness. Love it!

Karen and Sirensong and Lena--best wishes for a good recovery and a "we got it all" on your hysterectomies. Laurie-that first taxol/carbo can be scary but--it's the first step in knocking out any remaining cancer cells--hopefully you'll do overall as well as I did on taxol/carbo and if you do feel rotten--it's those cells croaking.

Andrea and Linda--good luck on your followups. Pam--ouch--I have a hernia too. Hope the radiation oncologist gets your plan worked out.

Vicki--I always have good platelets by chemo time--sometimes I've gone up to 455,000--too high. Would you like some of mine?

Gail--praying for you and your daughter. Hard on both of you I know.

to all
Unread 03-02-2003, 12:28 PM

s Sisters

My thoughts and prayers will be with you all as you head out for doctors appointments, chemo sessions, and surgeries.
Gail, also with you and your daughter!!!
Ellen, that is just soooo cooool!!!!!!!
Way to go!!! Maybe I should get one right on top of my hernia. How sexy would that be?

karenann
Unread 03-02-2003, 03:11 PM

Karen, Sirensong and Lena--I hope you recovery goes smoothly and you need no furthur treatments.
Laurie-the first chemo can be scary. I hope it kills al remaining cancer cells with aminimun of side effects
Ellen, I hope chemo #8 is easy on you and does the job. Congraulations on the tatoo. I put a fake butterfly tatoo on my head and my husband freaked!
Andrea and Linda--good luck on your followups.
Pam I hope they come up with a plan to take care of that hernia
Vicki I hope your blood test are normal
Gail I am praying for you and your daughter.
Unread 03-02-2003, 04:15 PM

Good Luck & Best Reports to all this week.

Ruth S
Unread 03-03-2003, 05:46 AM

and ers to all you ladies....Hoping things go well for all and will be looking forward to hearing from all of you with good news. Gail your daughter is included in there too!
Love to all
Carol
Unread 03-03-2003, 12:59 PM

Thank you, everyone. This thread of support means a lot to me -- and I'm sure everyone else who has an appointment this week.

Your prayers are the best, and I know that they're being heard. Thank you!

To Lena and Karen particularly, be strong.

God bless to all.

Gotta go get the bloodwork done now!
Unread 03-03-2003, 01:22 PM

I realy realy appreceate every thing. all the sapport, and most just some one to share with. sept to let every know I care and will keep you all in my heart. I can't think of much to say right now.

God bless us all.

Love Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register