Off Vioxx 3 days, pain is back... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Off Vioxx 3 days, pain is back... Off Vioxx 3 days, pain is back...

Unread 03-02-2003, 05:34 PM
Off Vioxx 3 days, pain is back...

Hello Everyone...

I can't believe it. I'm off the Vioxx and other NSAIDS for past 3 days (due to upcoming surgery) and, now the pelvic pain and back spasms are back Can't stand more than 5 minutes again w/o it starting up, walking, etc. The same old thing.

Maybe it's a co-ink-e-dinky, but geez...this is going to be a miserable next 11 days until surgery.

It does make me curious...if I were taking an anti-inflammtory for 2 weeks and the pain was managable, and now I'm off it and the pain is worse..??? Does anyone know if adhesions cause inflammatory type pain??????

All I know for certain is I'm tired of this road. I want to get off it and find myself riding my bike down some gorgeous country road or beach side instead!

BTW, I've noticed over the past several days a strange "feeling" on the inside of my vagina about 1/2 way up...like a tugging/pulling when I bend, squat or sometimes when I sit. Any ideas???? Or, am I just being SUPER SENSITIVE to my body right now????

Thanks...
Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2003, 12:02 PM
Off Vioxx 3 days, pain is back...

Hi Lori!

I have been out of it for a while....what are you having surgery for?

I exerienced the same kind of thing with my meds. MY son ended up in the ER last week and we had to spend the night there(he had an asthma flare up, croup AND pnemonia). Well, I missed my meds that night and then being sleep deprived the next day and having to go on with life no matter what, I forgot all my pills(11 of them in total). By the net day after that, I was in alot of pain and I am sure it's from missing my pills for 2 days....or maybe it was a coincidence??????

I have no ideas what you might be feeling right now. I hope you get an answer to that soon. Good luck with your upcoming surgery and hang in there!
Unread 03-03-2003, 01:45 PM
Hugs

Hi,
I'm so sorry you are having such pain. I know how hard it is to wait for surgery too. I don't know what to suggest to help you, but please know that I am sending healing thoughts your way.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register