Fistula Repair Surgery Failure - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fistula Repair Surgery Failure Fistula Repair Surgery Failure

Unread 03-06-2003, 10:50 AM
Fistula Repair Surgery Failure

Thank you for the information. I definately read anything I can find. I was encouraged yesterday that the a state investigater is looking into my case. They did a surprise inspection to follow up on a complaint my present gyn filed regarding me. My attorney & I will be traveling to Topeka when I am up to it to answering questions. This is against the dr that diagnosed me as menopausal for 2 years & noted that I was a hyper chondriac (however you spell it). I will be seeing my 3rd uro as soon as I am able to travel. Not sure where he is located Kansas City, Rochester? will find out Monday. Just wanted to let everyone know that the local doc didn't cut me open. Though at this point probably wouldn't have made any difference.
God Bless,
Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2003, 11:55 AM

Dear Terry,

I am so sorry you are facing so much....I wish there was something I could do to ease your pain and everything else. I don't have any insight to share with you, but wanted you to know that I will keep you in my prayers.

Please keep us updated when you are able. I'm sending you many, many gentle SSS
Unread 03-07-2003, 10:01 AM

Terry,

Just wanted to drop you a line to let you know I am thinking of you and pray that you will soon have a resolution to all your pain and a repair in sight.

Hugs, Louise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2003, 12:57 PM

Hi,
Maybe all the prayers & good thoughts are finally working. Tomorrow is the big day for our auction & am quite pleased with everything. Had a set back yesterday as my husband's uncle passed away but they buried him today in a private cemetary ceremony. He was also the auctioneers neighbor so didn't know how we would manage. I have not had to do too much & am feeling better then before managing with my leg bag for a few hours at a time. Should be a successful auction & everytime I clean something I am selling, it is a relief to know it is the last time. I have collected antiques all my life & now do not enjoy them so time to sell. Monday is another uro appt. Being hopeful not leaking quite as much as before & not nearly as much pain. Down to a darvocet & ambien before bedtime & advil during the day. Weather still won't warm up like they said it was supposed to. Now I will be able to buy some new things for the house & shopping has always cheered me up. Will be easy to clean now.
Hoping my climara patch will carry me through tomorrow but may change it early if feeling blue or anxious. Just nice to have something positive to look forward to.
God Bless,
Terry
Unread 03-08-2003, 02:10 PM

Terry I am glad you are feeling better. Good to see that your spirits are up. Just take it one day at a time otherwise you can drive yourself crazy. You are a very strong person.

Thinking of you,

Sherry xo
Unread 03-18-2003, 08:17 PM

Wow Terry,

You have really been through it! What wonderful advice from all these knowledgeable ladies here. I hope and pray that you will find the perfect doctor to patch you up and the wisdom to deal with it all until then.

Hang in there. Aren't we all thankful for diapers?

As Always,
MaryJulia
fistula sister
Unread 03-18-2003, 09:52 PM

Hi Terry..

I have no advise for you as I have never had a fistula (yet) but I can offer you a

Good luck and keep us posted..

Pam
Unread 03-24-2003, 06:29 AM

Hey Terry,

Just wondering how you were doing now. You (and all the fistula ladies) continue in my prayers.

Mary Julia
Unread 03-24-2003, 09:38 AM

Hi Mary Julia,
As far as the fistula, my last cystoscopy showed healing nicely. Supposed to have the supra cath out tomorrow. Still leaking a lot & tired of the smell of urine. I also have a lot of pain & seapage around the cath site. I am under a lot of stress as my stepson is in Iraq so that maybe a contributing factor. My dh & I have already decided to hold off awhile if another surgery is needed not only so that I can heal but the future is so uncertain right now. I tire easily but am getting stronger little by little. I will take a little time today & read up on everyone. Hope all is well & everyone's fistulas are healing nicely.
God Bless,
Terry
Unread 03-24-2003, 05:54 PM

Hey Terry,

I hope the catheter removal goes super and that you will heal without any more surgeries. That is wonderful that the last scope showed good healing. I'm so sorry that you have been through so much. AND now, the stepson in Iraq. You are the only person I know that actually has someone there. The war coverage consumed our weekend. I'm praying for wisdom for our president and safety for our troups. I will add your stepson.

I know you must be tired! I still don't have the stamina I had before my first surgery, much less the fistula bit, but I'm certainly feeling much better than I did a year ago. I figure it just takes time to get back into shape.

I haven't kept up with the site very well and it seems that there are more and more women coming along with fistulas.

Let us hear how the procedure goes-hope this will be the END of your leaking for now and for always.

Mary Julia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register