still having some pain after 8 mos | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

still having some pain after 8 mos still having some pain after 8 mos

Unread 03-05-2003, 05:11 PM
still having some pain after 8 mos

I had lap assisted vaginal hysterectomy on 6-26-02. I had adeno, cysts on ovaries and was a mess. I had felt pretty good for about 5 months and now I am starting to get pain again as if I was going to start a period. Has anyone else ever had this feeling. I go to the ob/gyn tomorrow for my yearly check up so hopefully I will find out something. I also have been feeling bloated.

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2003, 06:02 PM

Hello,

I am also having pain on my lower right side. It feels like I am going to start my period also. My surgery was in November and I have had pain for about the last month. It will be interesting to hear what the doctor has to say to you. Are you on any replacement therapy?

Good luck.

Tammy
Unread 03-06-2003, 12:08 PM

Tammy,
The dr. told me that he couldn't feel anything like scar tissue or such. He thought there might be something going on with my gastric system. I am just going to wait it out.

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2003, 03:08 PM

I had my hyst in October of 2002, and am having severe lower back pain and in the last couple weeks some cramping. The last 2 days I have had waves of cramps that feel exactly like I'm going to start my period. I have recently changed HRT, started on estrotest a week ago. I am considering stopping it, since my hyst was due to endo, and I'm afraid if the endo is coming back the estrogen may just be fueling the fire. Not sure what to do, I just changed doctors and the new one hasn't returned my call. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Amy
Unread 03-06-2003, 05:58 PM

Thanks for the update. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Tammy
Unread 03-07-2003, 07:19 AM

I also have pain on my right side and in my lower back on the right side. It is so strange! I go see my obgyn on Tues. and I will see what he says. I wonder if it is endo returning or adhesions? Other than those two areas I feel wonderful.
Unread 03-08-2003, 06:53 AM

I also have back pain on the right side. My gyno found something in my bladder that looks like cream cheese. I have seen a urologist and I am going to see him again on Tuesday. We can compare notes. Good luck.

Tammy
Unread 03-08-2003, 01:27 PM

I had my TVH in December 2000, kept ovaries. Ever since my surgery, I've had these stabbing/pinching pains in my lower right abdominals. Since the pains tend to be cyclic, I was sure that it was my ovary giving me a hard time.

Turns out to be caused by a spastic colon. I don't know why it's cyclic, but it is and it hurts, a lot. Since I have IBS, I can kind of control it with an adequate diet and mild exercises. Did your doctor recommend a therapy to help deal with the pain, as you wait and see?

Amy: changing HRT might have caused an unbalance. Please check with your doctor: the symptoms you're having could be a sign that the dosage you're taking is not the right one for you.
Unread 03-08-2003, 02:36 PM

no did not give me any therapy while I wait and see. I have gain some weight since my surgery so that could be it too.

Linda
Unread 03-09-2003, 08:32 AM

((Linda)),
I'm so sorry you are suffering from returning pain I've had this cramping pain, just like pre-hyst, since my 1st surgery in Jan 2000. Mine is constant, it goes thru my back & down the front of my legs. There are several others here who have this type of pain as well..My Drs say mine is from extensive Adhesions, along with Nerve Damage in my vaginal cuff...some like ((Dany)) suffer from PMS symptoms after this surgery. Here is some good info on it:

Quote:
Am J Obstet Gynecol 1990 Jan;162(1):105-109
Am J Obstet Gynecol 1990 Jan;162(1):105-109
The effect of hysterectomy and bilateral oophorectomy in women with severe premenstrual syndrome.
Casper RF, Hearn MT
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Western Ontario, Toronto, Canada.

The etiology of premenstrual syndrome is unknown, although this syndrome is linked to the menstrual cycle. Fourteen women with severe, debilitating premenstrual syndrome volunteered for a study of therapy by hysterectomy, oophorectomy, and continuous estrogen replacement. All had completed their families and had failed to benefit from previous medical treatment. The diagnosis and severity of premenstrual syndrome were assessed by means of prospective charting and psychological evaluation. All patients had clearly cyclic symptoms and psychological scores consistent with a major disruption of their lives before surgery. Six months after surgery, premenstrual syndrome symptom charting revealed complete disappearance of a cyclic pattern with scores equivalent to those of a normal population. Psychological measures 6 months after operation showed dramatic improvement in mood, general affect, well-being, life satisfaction, and overall quality of life. Surgical therapy, involving oophorectomy, hysterectomy, and continuous estrogen replacement, is effective in relieving the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome and is indicated for a small, selected group of women.

Am J Obstet Gynecol 1990 Jan;162(1):99-105
Lasting response to ovariectomy in severe intractable premenstrual syndrome.
Casson P, Hahn PM, Van Vugt DA, Reid RL
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada.

A total of 14 women with severe premenstrual syndrome unresponsive to conservative medical therapy were treated with danazol in doses sufficient to suppress cyclic ovarian steroidogenesis. In each case medical ovarian suppression resulted in complete relief from symptoms. For ongoing symptom relief, each woman elected to undergo bilateral ovariectomy and concomitant hysterectomy. Both medical ovarian suppression and ovariectomy with low-dose conjugated estrogen therapy afforded lasting relief from cyclic symptoms of premenstrual syndrome and a corresponding improvement in overall quality of life. We conclude that cyclic ovarian steroidogenesis is a powerful determinant for the expression of premenstrual symptomatology.

Ovariectomy with low-dose estrogen replacement is an effective alternative for the woman with debilitating premenstrual syndrome who does not respond to conventional interventions.

Does PMS go away after just hysterectomy alone?

It is possible, however, that there are other causes of your symptoms such as menstrual cramps due to endometriosis or adenomyosis, or chronic pelvic pain due to varicosities, etc. I guess the first question I would ask is whether you have had a diagnostic laparoscopy to look at the pelvis and have you had any hormone therapy to suppress ovulation and menses? These things should be done before considering hysterectomy. Secondly, if you think the main problem is PMS, has your doctor had you fill out a prospective symptom calendar to confirm that the mood changes are not present more than the two weeks premenstrual? If we had an interactive, internet educational consultation we could better pin down whether hysterectomy is the next step for you. It really is essential to know exactly what we are treating in order to fully understand the risks and benefits of the treatment.

Let us assume for the sake of this writing that the diagnosis of PMS, and only that, has been confirmed. The question then becomes as to how successful hysterectomy is in curing PMS symptoms. Also, because you are still quite young, removal of the ovaries would be very undesirable, so the question is refined to "would hysterectomy without ovary removal cure the fluid retention, mood swings, depression, and 2 weeks of pelvic pain that follow ovulation of the egg from the ovaries?"

Women who fail lifestyle changes and medical therapy for PMS often inquire about hysterectomy for PMS. They are cautioned that if the ovaries, which cause the cyclical hormonal changes, are not removed, it is very possible that the symptoms will not go away. Some women continue to have PMS symptoms even after hysterectomy; on the other hand many women having hysterectomy note that their PMS symptoms disappear.

In some of the few studies which have evaluated hysterectomy in PMS patients, the accuracy of the PMS diagnosis suffers from a lack of prospective calendar symptom charting. Nevertheless, hysterectomy without ovary removal seems to cure about 75% of women who have PMS (1). With well documented, refractory-to-medical-therapy PMS, removal of the ovaries along with the uterus cures close to 100% of women (2).

In other studies that look at PMS symptoms in those women who have had a hysterectomy without removing the ovaries, there seems to be a question of whether there is not some other diagnosis than PMS which is causing the symptoms.

In one study of 36 women (3) who felt they still had PMS after a hysterectomy in which the ovaries were not removed, prospective symptom charting along with hormonal assessment to detect ovulation found that:
25% had no PMS
61% had sporadic symptoms not occurring each cycle
14% had true PMS

This probably reflects the lack of consistent criteria to diagnose PMS but it also indicates that many times, hysterectomy without ovary removal is curative of PMS. The bottom line is that about 25% of the time, a woman will undergo hysterectomy for what she thinks is PMS but symptoms of some sort will still persist; 75% of the time she will feel better. As long as you understand this, you can make some choices. In general, I would suggest making sure of the accuracy of the diagnosis for which you are considering surgical therapy.

premenstrual syndrome:
Synonyms
PMS, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, PMDD, late luteal phase dysphoria, premenstrual tension,
General description:
This syndrome refers to a complex of physical and mood symptoms that worsen in the one to two weeks prior to a woman's menses and disappear by the end of a full menstrual flow.
Behavioral symptoms commonly include:
fatigue
irritability
labile mood (anger/sadness)
depression
oversensitivity
crying spells
social withdrawal
forgetfulness
difficulty concentrating
Physical symptoms commonly include:
abdominal pelvic bloating
breast tenderness
acne flare up
appetite changes
food cravings
extremity swelling
headache
stomach upset
Is it common?
About 80% of women report premenstrual emotional and physical changes. About 20-40% of these women experience difficulty with these symptoms so that there is some change in behavior that is noticeable by themselves and others. This group would be considered to have menstrual distress. Approximately 3-5% of women in the reproductive age group report a significant impact of these symptoms on work, lifestyle or relationships. This degree of severity is called premenstrual syndrome (1).

Some authors have tried to divide PMS into 3 severity stages: low level symptoms, PMS regular or standard symptoms (menstrual distress), and premenstrual magnification symptoms (2, 3, 4). The latter would be identified by most physicians as PMS.

Differentiating features:
Mood and physical symptom questionnaires in the follicular phase (days 4-9) and the luteal phase (days 22-27) of the menstrual cycle or a prospective symptom calendar tracking 4 or more prominent symptoms is necessary to differentiate this condition from other medical and psychologic conditions which may just worsen somewhat with menstrual physiology. There should be a symptom free interval from about day 4 to day 12 of a menstrual cycle and at least a 30% higher symptom score in the last 7 days before a menstrual period (1). Other mental health and medical conditions need to be ruled out as underlying problems:

Mental health disorders
major depression
minor depression (dysthymia)
generalized anxiety
panic disorder
bipolar illness (mood irritability) Medical disorders
anemia
autoimmune disorders
hypothyroidism
diabetes
seizure disorders
endometriosis
chronic fatigue syndrome
collagen vascular disease

A serum TSH to check thyroid function and a screening inventory for depression, anxiety disorder and panic disorder have the highest yield to rule out the most commonly confusing conditions.

Other features:
Painful menstrual cramps (dysmenorrhea) may present with PMS but they are not usually considered to be a part of the syndrome and probably have a different etiology. Breast soreness (mastalgia) can go along with PMS but it often occurs as a separate condition without accompanying mood problems. It is estimated that as many as 50-60% of women with the complaint of severe PMS have other medical or psychiatric conditions. Over 150 symptoms have been attributed to PMS so the symptom list can be extensive. It can even include hot flashes, heart palpitations and dizziness (1).

Cause:
Premenstrual syndrome does not occur in women before menarche (start of menses), after menopause or without ovulation. It takes ovulatory menstrual cycles to have PMS. Evidence supports the theory that premenstrual symptoms are caused primarily by changes in brain chemicals that transmit between nerves and cells (neurotransmitters) brought about by cyclical fluctuations in ovarian hormones.

An ovulatory cycle has slightly higher estrogen and massively higher progesterone levels in the two weeks before a menses than in the two weeks after a menses. There is some debate as to whether progesterone causes or relieves PMS symptoms (5, 6, 7, 8, 9), but the consensus seems to be that progesterone and synthetic progestins can cause PMS types of mood symptoms (10). Since progesterone and progestins can also relieve symptoms it seems best not to prejudge its role in the cause of PMS. It is interesting that anti progesterone drugs (RU-486) do not make the symptoms go away (11).

Studies have looked at whether the hormones in the luteal phase are at different levels in women with and without PMS. Essentially they found no differences in estrogen and progesterone levels. Cortisol, which is a stress hormone is lower in women with severe PMS symptoms but this is more likely an effect than a cause, i.e., the stress hormone has been depleted by the stress (12, 13). Thyroid hormone has been looked at and except for the about 5% incidence of hypothyroidism found in women presenting for PMS, abnormal thyroid function has not been found to be associated with premenstrual syndrome (14).

Natural history untreated:
In the age range of 25-45, PMS symptoms develop and quickly peak within several months. After that they tend to stay at a fixed level and not progressively worsen as do some of the other medical or mental health conditions. Unless the symptoms are treated in some manner, they stay the same until menopause when the cyclicity goes away as ovulation stops.
Goals of therapy (Rx):
The main goal of treating PMS symptoms is to reduce those symptoms in intensity to the point where they do not cause difficulty with family and work relationships, they do not cause time lost from work or leisure activities, and they do not cause a woman to alter her daily activities just because of where she is in the menstrual cycle.
1st choice therapy After the diagnosis of PMS without underlying medical or mental health problems is confirmed, the primary treatment is lifestyle changes aimed at reducing the overall baseline stress level. This means discontinuance of all caffeine and alcohol which are known to aggravate stress states (15, 16, 17, 18), beginning a restricted diet such as a low fat, vegetarian or high complex carbohydrate diet (19), and starting a regular exercise or conditioning program (20, 21). All of these need to be instituted before additional over-the-counter or prescription treatment is begun. If prescription medication is needed, fluoxetine (Prozac®), 10-20 mg/day is effective with low side effects.

Other therapies used Effective non prescription treatments include:
Vitamin B-6 up to 100 mg/day (22)
Calcium 1000 mg/day (calcium carbonate)(23)
Magnesium (Mg) 200 mg/day as MgO (24)
Naproxen sodium 550 mg twice a day (eg, Alleve®)(25)
Effective prescription therapies include:
fluoxetine (Prozac®)(26) 20 mg/day
sertraline (Zoloft®)(27) 50-150 mg/day
paroxetine (Paxil®)(28, 29)10-30 mg/day
clomipramine (Anafranil®)(30, 31) 25-75 mg/day (14 days before menses)
alprazolam (Xanax®)(32, 33, 34) 0.25 mg/ 3-4 times/day (6-14 days before menses)
buspirone (Buspar®) 25-60 mg/day (12 days before menses)
GnRH agonist Lupron®(35, 36, 37) 3.75 - 7.5 mg/monthly I.M.
GnRH agonist Buserelin (38) 400-900 ug/day intranasal
propanolol (39) 20 mg/day between menses and 40 mg/day during menses Removal of both the uterus and ovaries cures PMS (40, 41) but this is generally not an option for younger women. PMS symptoms do not always return following a hysterectomy with oopherectomy for PMS if replacement hormones are given after surgery (42). By itself, hysterectomy without removing the ovaries does not cure PMS but it often decreases many of the physical symptoms to a point where a woman can tolerate the remaining cyclical symptoms (43). In general, 75% of women who have a hysterectomy without oophorectomy will be permanently relieved of their symptoms, while 25% will still complain of PMS (44).

Treatments to avoid:
Herbal treatments have not yet been shown to be effective for PMS. Progesterone efficacy has conflicting studies and since many women get mood side effects from progesterone and progestins, these are not used as treatment. For the same reason birth control pills and progesterone shots such as depomedroxyprogesterone acetate (DepoProvera®) may be used since they block ovulation, but some women have worsened symptoms on these treatments.

premenstrual syndrome:
PMS, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, PMDD, late luteal phase dysphoria, premenstrual tension,
General description:
This syndrome refers to a complex of physical and mood symptoms that worsen in the one to two weeks prior to a woman's menses and disappear by the end of a full menstrual flow.
Behavioral symptoms commonly include:
fatigue
irritability
labile mood (anger/sadness)
depression
oversensitivity
crying spells
social withdrawal
forgetfulness
difficulty concentrating
Physical symptoms commonly include:
abdominal pelvic bloating
breast tenderness
acne flare up
appetite changes
food cravings
extremity swelling
headache
stomach upset
Is it common? About 80% of women report premenstrual emotional and physical changes. About 20-40% of these women experience difficulty with these symptoms so that there is some change in behavior that is noticeable by themselves and others. This group would be considered to have menstrual distress. Approximately 3-5% of women in the reproductive age group report a significant impact of these symptoms on work, lifestyle or relationships. This degree of severity is called premenstrual syndrome (1).

Some authors have tried to divide PMS into 3 severity stages: low level symptoms, PMS regular or standard symptoms (menstrual distress), and premenstrual magnification symptoms (2, 3, 4). The latter would be identified by most physicians as PMS.
http://www.wdxcyber.com
while it may be hard to explain, physicians do report that patients find relief from PMS after a hysterectomy. ... http://www.ynhh.org/pat_edu/hysterectomy/faq.html

PMS and You - Symptoms and Treatments - Premenstrual Syndrome: http://womenshealth.about.com/librar...y/aa110297.htm http://womenshealth.about.com/librar...y/aa112397.htm http://allhealth.com/experts/womens/...03_498,00.html

Abdominal or Pelvic Pain Occurring Monthly: http://www.wdxcyber.com/npain08.htm

Pelvic Pain Assessment Form: http://www.pelvicpain.org/pdf/FRM_Pa...stionnaire.pdf

Pain in pelvis/lower abdomen: http://www.wdxcyber.com/what.htm#pelvicmn
http://www.wdxcyber.com/ppain.htm#ppainprs
http://www.wdxcyber.com/ovarymas.htm#ovmixed

PMS Symptoms after Menopause? http://www.wdxcyber.com/nmood19.htm

Hysterectomy & PMS: http://www.ivillagehealth.com/expert...151346,00.html http://forums.obgyn.net/forums/women...9809/1066.html http://www.ivillage.com/topics/healt...166046,00.html

Quote:
Chronic pelvic pain:

Background - importance and magnitude of problem
Diagnostic goals - for overall category

Causes of CPP:
endometriosis
peritoneal adhesions or scarring
chronic pelvic inflammatory disease
uterine leiomyomata
uterine retroversion
pelvic relaxation
uterine descensus
cystocoele
rectocoele
enterocoele genital tract obstruction
pyometra
cervical stenosis with hematometra
cystic cervicitis
transverse vaginal septum
cervical atresia
blind uterine horn
adenomyosis
pelvic vascular congestion
endometritis (chlamydial)
atypical functional pain
dysmenorrhea
ovulatory pain (mittelschmerz)
premenstrual syndrome
recurrent functional ovarian cysts myofascial pain
Incisional problems
dysfunctional abdominal incision
incisional hernia (ventral)
ilioinguinal nerve entrapment syndrome
endometriosis Other hernias
inguinal
femoral (crural)
umbilical
obturator
Richter's (laparoscopic incisional)
spigelian gastroenterologic disorders
chronic cholecystitis
chronic cholelithiasis
chronic constipation
chronic recurrent appendicitis
diverticulitis
irritable bowel syndrome
regional enteritis
peptic ulcer disease
proctalgia fugax urologic disorders
urethral syndrome
interstitial cystitis
ureteral calculus
detrusor dyssynergia
status post urethral suspension
degenerative bone and joint disease (lumbosacral)
adrenal insufficiency (Addison's disease)
psychogenic pain disorders
depression
malingering
physical abuse
sexual abuse
posttraumatic stress disorder
schizophrenia
sleep disorders
somatoform pain disorder
somatization disorder
stress reaction
substance abuse biochemical disorders
Sickle cell crisis/disease
acute intermittent porphyria
heavy metal poisoning

Background:
By definition, chronic pelvic pain is that which has been present six months or longer. The pain can cyclically exacerbate with menses, however the hallmark is that the pain persists throughout the month. This is not an infrequent complaint and if the pain persists long enough, patients will soon have multiple secondary problems because of the pain and evolve into a chronic pain syndrome. In this instance, they have altered family roles and significant problems with depression and other psychologic changes.

Goals:
It is important diagnostically to differentiate those patients who have evolved into a chronic pain syndrome versus those patients who have not. A multidisciplinary approach is always necessary for patients with chronic pain syndrome whether or not they have specific pathologic causes found for their pain.

http://www.wdxcyber.com/ppain.htm#ppaincpp
Endometriosis Conquering The Silent Invader:
http://www.ivf.com/ch17mb.html

Recurring Endo at the Center For Endometriosis Care:
ttp://www.centerforendo.com/news/recurrance/recurrance.htm

Endometriosis-Dr. Stanley West:
http://www.repmed.com/endo.html

Endometriosis Treatment Program @ St. Charles Medical Center-Bend, OR-Dr. David Redwine:
http://www.endometriosistreatment.org/

Hysterectomy & Endometriosis Questionnaire:
http://www.angelfire.com/fl/endohystnhrt/quest.html

Post-Op Ovarian Suppression:
http://www.centerforendo.com/news/ov...n/ovarysup.htm

Incisional Endometriosis:
http://www.facs.org/dept/jacs/lead_a...apr00lead.html

Endometriosis Research Center:
http://www.endocenter.org/

Radical Endometriosis Surgery:
http://www.reproductivecenter.com/radical.html

recurring Endo-Q&A:
http://www.pelvicpain.com/adca4.html
http://www.endometriosis1.com/indexj.html
http://www.angelfire.com/fl/endohystnhrt/resource.html
http://www.reutershealth.com/wellconnected/doc74.html

Here is also some info on Adhesions~symptoms, causes & treatments:

http://www.adhesions.org.uk
http://www.adhesions.org/Links/Docto...lesprevent.htm
http://www.adhesions.org/forums/ADHE...0201/0024.html
http://www.adlap.com/adhesions.htm
http://www.generalsurgeryinfo.com/gerhart5/index.html
http://www.drcook.com/adca15.html
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=19427
http://www.nurseminerva.co.uk/adhesion.htm
http://homepage.tinet.ie/~pjlb/adhesions.htm
http://www.pain.com/drfiles/cfdradvi...Article_id=121
http://www.adhesions.org/patientguide/index.htm
http://www.ivillagehealth.com/expert...171560,00.html
http://www.adhesions.com/welcome_main.html
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/001493.htm

Can Adhesions be prevented:

Quote:
Meticulous surgical technique – Careful surgical technique can help minimize trauma, minimize the interference with the blood supply, prevent the introduction of foreign bodies, minimize bleeding, lessen the incidence of raw surfaces and decrease the incidence of infection - all of which help reduce adhesion formation.
Although adhesions often form after gynecologic surgery, they are not inevitable. And, even if adhesions do form, they usually don’t cause pain or other problems.

Although there is no way to eliminate the risk of adhesions completely, there are steps your surgeon can take to reduce the likelihood of adhesion formation. The most effective methods of adhesion prevention involve meticulous surgical technique and the use of a physical barrier to separate tissue surfaces while they heal.

Surgeons have developed minimally invasive techniques such as the laparoscopy, that are designed to minimize trauma, blood loss, infection, and the introduction of foreign bodies, all of which can lead to inflammation and adhesion formation. Good surgical technique involves minimizing tissue handling, using delicate instruments, and keeping the tissues moist when they are exposed to the air.

While good surgical technique is important, it is often not sufficient to prevent adhesions. There are also other preventive steps that can be taken:
Your surgeon may use a lightweight fabric barrier, such as GYNECARE INTERCEED Absorbable Adhesion Barrier, to enhance good surgical technique. This barrier, placed at the site of the surgery, is intended to protect raw tissue surfaces as they heal. Fabric barriers have been shown to be one of the most effective methods of adhesion prevention reduction and prevention.

Barriers – Fabric or liquid barriers create a physical separation between raw tissue surfaces while they heal. Thin tissue-like fabric barriers may be used to try to reduce adhesion formation at specific sites, while liquid solution barriers can help prevent adhesions over broad areas of the abdominal and pelvic region.
GYNECARE INTERCEED Barrier is a lightweight, tissue-like “fabric” that can be placed at the surgical site. The fabric protects and separates the surfaces where adhesions are likely to form. The fabric slowly dissolves as the surgical incision heals. Studies demonstrate that GYNECARE INTERCEED Barrier significantly enhances good surgical technique in reducing adhesion formation.

GYNECARE INTERGEL Solution is a liquid that can be poured into the pelvis after surgery to separate and protect organs and tissues as they heal. The solution is easy for the surgeon to use and can be applied directly to the surgical site. Even more important, GYNECARE INTERGEL Solution covers a broad area and provides protection against adhesions.

http://www.ethiconinc.com/womens_hea...oduct/faq.html
I didnt mean to paste a novel here it's just that there are soo many reasons/conditions that can cause this pain even after a Hysterectomy Then we have Drs that dont believe our pain is real..read this:

Women report chronic pelvic pain not taken seriously, survey shows:
http://www.obgyn.net/newsheadlines/w...0021114-22.asp

The best thing many of us long term Road Travelers have found is to educate ourself on our symptoms, possible DX's, treatments ect..many of us have had to fight for relief & someone to take the time & try to get to the source of our pain. We are our own best Advocates when it comes to our health, no one knows our bodies like we do! Knowledge really is power

What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You: Knowledge Is Power In A Doctor/Patient Relationship:
http://www.obgyn.net/displayarticle....ort/comfort006

My heart goes out to each of you still suffering Hopefully, with the help of your Drs each of you can find some answers & relief to your pain......(((((hugs))))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register