Home from the seond trip to the castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home from the seond trip to the castle Home from the seond trip to the castle

Unread 03-06-2003, 02:04 AM
Home from the seond trip to the castle

I got home Sunday from the castle, stayed 2 nights. Just now getting back online.

Surgery on Friday went fairly well, except I had a 600cc blold loss this time, from a venous bleeder on the right. Woke up with a JP drain. Doctor said it didn't look like any of the nodes appeared to have oany cancer in them, they were all soft, not hard. Will get the final results form him at my 1 week check up on Thursday.

Had a private room this time. Nurses great again. They had just opened this new unit on the Monday prior. Half of the nurses were from the OB floor upstairs and half were from the old mixed surgical floor. They did really well coping with working there for their first time and not even knowing where things were, it didn't reflect in their nursing care. I could tell the difference between the OB and surgical nurses. But I am a surgical nurse so it was easy for me. I had one OB nurse even ask me if she could ask me a surgical question to help her with another patient and I was of course thrilled to be asked. Gas and bladder spasms weren't as bad this time around, he didn't have to manipulate things as much, just push them to the side to get to the nodes in the back. I am more tender this time (maybe tha gas pains masked some of that last time). He did a smile incision, which I thought meant he was going to do the same incision and just extend it out from the ends of the old one and go up, but he used the middle half of the old one and then took it upward from that line. So now I have a straight line under my smile. Now it is visible where before it was hidden in the fold of my tummy. Sigh. All I need is to have a long vertical incision for something else and that would give me an anchor.

By Sunday am my hematocrit was down to 24. I was ready to go home that day and really didn't want the blood if I could prevent it (he would have done 2 units). I had responded very well to the other two times I was put on iron and the doctor agreed. I also told him I would be very careful if I felt weak or dizzy (which I was a little).

I go back for my followup visit Thursday afternoon. He will take out my staples and give me the final results of the path report. Hopefully will do an internal exam too, I haven't had one yet.

The pillow police gave me a lecture Tuesday night. They reminded me that at that point the first time I was still having them help me go from a laying to sitting position and I have been doing it all myself. Probably why I am so much more sore this time. I am hoping that getting the staples out will make it less sore too. It is really sore on the right where the bleeding and drain was. I think too that you don't remember just how bad it was once you are alomost all the way recovered.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I will try to catch up on the posts from when I was gone, but can't sit for too long yet.

Hugs and Blessings to you all!

Linda >^..^<
StampinCat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2003, 07:51 AM

Linda,

I am glad everything went well and that you are recovering nicely. I pray you get good results today.
Unread 03-06-2003, 10:24 AM

Hi Linda!

I'm glad you're home and doing OK. Take good care of yourself. ing that you get a good report when you go for your follow up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2003, 10:36 AM
Here's Hoping for ALL NEGATIVE NODES!

I know all caps is shouting but I'm shouting for ALL NEGATIVE NODES and a GREAT report.
Unread 03-06-2003, 06:21 PM

Hope your results are negative from someone with an "anchor smile"
Andrea

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register