My 3rd Chemo will be scary | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My 3rd Chemo will be scary My 3rd Chemo will be scary

Unread 03-06-2003, 07:53 AM
My 3rd Chemo will be scary

Well I went to the Dr. he said my tumor has not changed since the last time he saw me, so he wants to give me taxol. You know what happened last time I had taxol, I couldn't breath I was paralized like. So... I will be admitted into the hospital for this one. The nurse told me it would be a 23 hour stay, just to make sure. They want to keep a close eye on me with taxol. So wish me luck next Tuesday....And hopefully, this will be the one to get rid of all those bad cancer cells...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2003, 10:20 AM
Your'e One Brave Lady.

Hi Tammy,
We've never spoken before but just read your latest post and wanted to wish you good luck for next Tuesday. You seem to have been through so much.
I should start my chemo next week and you wouldn't beleive what a scaredy cat I am being. I will think about you and wish you well.

With Love,
jennimarie.x
Unread 03-06-2003, 10:27 AM

's Tammy,

Wishing you GREAT luck and will be saying some special ers for a good outcome. A 24 hour stay sounds like a good idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2003, 10:34 AM
Scary--but in good hands

I'd be scared too but you'll be watched very closely there and they'll likely put you on a unit that's either oncology or where they watch people who aren't doing quite so well on outpatient surgery--so they know what to look for and how to react.
Every chemo kills mor stubborn cells.
Unread 03-06-2003, 01:26 PM

Hi Tammy

I think I mentioned to you the last time that I had the same reaction to the taxol the first time they gave it to me but they assured me that it would never happen again and it didn not!! It was scary having my second dose of taxol but... all was well and hopefully it will be for you too.
Rosalie

Unread 03-06-2003, 02:45 PM

Hi Tammy,

I will that everything goes well and that you don't react bad to the Taxol and that it get's rid of the tumor
Unread 03-06-2003, 06:33 PM

Tammy,

Just wanted to say that I hope this time around on the Taxol will be better for you! I'm glad you will be under the watchful eye of the hospital staff just to make sure! Let us know how it turns out.

joanie
Unread 03-07-2003, 10:59 AM

Hi Tammy,

I'm sending some gentle hugs your way

I think it's good that you'll be admitted so that they can watch you closely and make sure all is well. I'm sure I would be terrified too.

Here's an image for you to carry with you ... it's from a guided imagery CD I listened to in preparation for surgery. Imagine that you are surrounded by angels hovering over your bed ... they will be watching over you and protecting you during this procedure. They are your guardian angels and they will stay with you throughout this procedure.

I'll be with you in spirit, Tammy. Sending extra prayers your way.

Beth
Unread 03-07-2003, 01:37 PM

((( Tammy ))) I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that all will turn out well for you this time. I think that prayer is a powerful aid in healing and I do believe in angels too. You hang in there , with all the and support that you're getting , you'll get well.
S
Unread 03-07-2003, 07:41 PM

(((Tammy)))

I'm sending lots of positive energy and gentle z your way! You are very brave, and I that this time you won't have such a bad reaction and that the taxol kills those nasty cancer cells!

z

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register