Okay, I've had it! :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Okay, I've had it! :( Okay, I've had it! :(

Unread 03-06-2003, 08:38 AM
Okay, I've had it! :(

I'm so tired of these pains. I was doing so well for a while. The past few months I've had constipation, gassiness, side pains, back pains and a few bouts with diarrehea. My family doesn't understand what it is like. My hubby will be upset over the doctor bills. I've got an appointment with my gyn for next Friday.
I'm taking fiber pills right now and trying to eat right. One of the pains is been in my side where my ovary is. I saw the doctor about it in December and he feels that it is adhesions, not endo. I've already had endo in the past so I am not sure. He prescribed birth control pills to see if it helps. I was scared to take them fearing it would make me moody. I dread the thought of going to gastro and being put through all of the tests. I hate the thought of having to be out of work. I think people think that I am sickly or have mental problems. I'm sorry to vent. I've had 4 surgeries in ten years. This is getting so old. Thanks so much for listening. I know that I can count on you all to commiserate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2003, 08:47 AM

{{{{Dara}}}}
I know exactly how you're feeling sweetie. I just got back from my umpteenth ultrasound. I've also had colonscopies, endoscopies, mri's, catscans, and other tests. I've also had many many surgeries. Unfortunately the tests are necessary to rule things out. Also, you never know they may just show something to be the cause of your pain and than the doctor can fix it.

I know what you mean about the bills. I'm still fighting with my insurance company on a mix up from last year. I do keep track of all my benefit statements from the insurance company and all the bills. It's also helpful if you keep a calendar of the dates of your tests and procedures.

You're not crazy and you're not alone. There are many sisters here who understand and can relate to the pain, the pressure, and how you're feeling.

Good luck with your doc appointment. Please keep us posted.
Unread 03-06-2003, 09:48 AM

Dara:

I am so sorry you are in pain! Ya know.... I don't think anyone can expect to be mentally perfect when they are in so much pain. Give yourself a break and I hope others in your life are supportive to you ... you deserve that!!!

HMMMM....Seems to me that your doc must think it might be endo if he prescribed BC pills. So, are the BC pills making you moody? Are they helping at all?

Sounds like you are expecting another surgery. Maybe your doctor will have a less invasive fix that won't cause you to be out of work. Or, perhaps you can have a lap and only be out a few days? Try not to worry too much.

I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register