Best Wishes to Dany - GP appt to check those hormones on March 7th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Best Wishes to Dany - GP appt to check those hormones on March 7th Best Wishes to Dany - GP appt to check those hormones on March 7th

Unread 03-06-2003, 02:10 PM
Best Wishes to Dany - GP appt to check those hormones on March 7th

Dany,
Good luck with your appointment. I hope you don't land in the middle of the But if you do, we're here for you sweetie. We keep extra machetes on hand for vine chopping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2003, 03:53 PM
Support

Hi,
I'm wishing you the best with your appointment. I hope this keeps you away from the jungle and in the lovely meadow of good health!
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Unread 03-06-2003, 05:11 PM

Dany - mon ami!

I hope and pray this is a productive appointment. Please let us know how you make out sweetie.

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2003, 09:30 PM

Good luck, Dany!!!!!!

Emily s
Unread 03-06-2003, 09:32 PM

(((Dany))) at long last the day is coming! Yay! I hope this will give you some answers that will help you feel better.
s,
-Linda
Unread 03-07-2003, 04:08 AM

((((((((Dany)))))))

I hope the doc can shed some light and offer some insight for you sweetie!!!!

please post and let us know what they find out!!

Dawn
Unread 03-07-2003, 09:38 PM

(((((Friends))))) thanks for the good wishes and ers: I think they worked.

My appointment was at 2:15, went in at 3:00 and only came out at 4:00. It was a protective appointment: she's testing my hormones, cholesterol, thyroid, for diabetes, for UTI as well as for the routine stuff. She also did a pap test.

Since it was a general, she did a thorough exam. Here's what she found:
  • I have an enlarged ganglion under my left arm that she seemed very concerned about: she stressed the importance of self breast exam
  • My BP was very high: 154 over 90. This is especially high for me since I'm usually stable at 118 over 78. So I have to have it monitored closely.
  • The eczema on my labias turned out to be a bad rash... so I'm not to use to hydrocortisone and to stick with the vitamine e cream
I'm to see her again 4 weeks after I get the tests done (I'll have to call for appointment after I book the appointment for the blood tests).

So, hopefully, with all the tests she's running, I'll get a little more insight as to what is going on with this body of mine.

ps: somehow I've "lost" two inches... I've measured 5 feet 4 1/2 inches ever since I was 12. However, today I registered at 5 feet 2 1/2 inches (I know this can't be right: my mom and sister are shorter than I am, much shorter, and they're 5 feet 2 inches).
Unread 03-07-2003, 10:00 PM

(((((((Dany)))))))

Sounds like the Dr. is being very thorough - thats good. I will be hoping that these tests give you some answers. And I'll be praying that the ganglion she found is something thats easily fixed. And that BP of yours - whoa ! *Please* keep a good eye on that - you cant be too careful in that area. Occasionally my BP will go thru the roof - usually when my pain is flaring bad (mine is normally borderline - & I'm on BP meds).
I'm so glad that the app. went well - sounds like your Dr. is a real keeper ! Think you can send her my way ??
Take care Dany - & remember to watch that BP.

's

Susan
Unread 03-07-2003, 10:05 PM

(((Dany))), that's great, it sounds like your DR is covering all the bases... did she order a mammogram for you too? I'm with you on the bp issues... I had very low bp all my life until 6 months post op from the hyst.

That height thing - I could understand 'shrinking' a tiny bit post hyst due to bone loss, but not an inch and a half, not so quickly. Must be something else going on?

I'm glad you're getting these tests done, hopefully they'll provide a lot of useful information so your DR can help you feel better!
s,
-Linda
Unread 03-07-2003, 10:15 PM

It sounds like you had a very thourough exam. Keep us posted on your test results

I'll be thinking about you 's

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register