Saw Gyn today, Lets add somemore to my list why dont we?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Saw Gyn today, Lets add somemore to my list why dont we?? Saw Gyn today, Lets add somemore to my list why dont we??

Unread 03-06-2003, 04:58 PM
Saw Gyn today, Lets add somemore to my list why dont we??

I am about to give up here!!! I have felt horrible since about noon, with the body aches and muscle aches and feeling like a 40 LB truck hit me. I went in at 10am and had another pelvic exam. I have been having the period like cramps for about a months now and they just keep getting worse. Anyway, He said (which I already knew) that I have a cystocele and a rectocele and then I told him about my ER visit for the clot and his mouth dropped. He took me off of my hormones for now and looked at my ankle and leg and told me if it does not go down by Monday to go back to the ER because I might develop another clot. He said it should be less swollen than it is. THAT freaked me out He told me to get dressed and come into his office, as I walked in he had this look on his face like he was totally He sat there for a minute and told me he was sending me to a general surgeon and another Urologist. He also told me I need to get my back fixed before I have everything repaired. I STILL have not been scheduled for my steroid injections and have to have 1 every month for 3 months and maybe more. How in the world do I deal with all of this for another 3+ months?????

Then he told me what I REALLY did not want to hear, He is pretty sure by the exam that the Endo is back..:run3:
This is turning to be my BIGGEST nightmare come true!!!

He ran a complete blood workup and an estrogen test to see what my hormone level is and a test I have no clue about. I look like a human pin cushion now from all of the needles I was stuck with while at the hospital and now the dumb lab tech could not get the needle in my vein.

I am just so depressed right now and all I can do is sit and cry. I just want to feel normal again. (as if I ever really felt normal)
My DH came in and asked what the Dr said, that almost gave me a heart attack. He NEVER asks. I told him and he actually seemed concerned. I guess there is a GOD...

I am have been reading everyones posts, but after spilling my guts I need to go lay down.

Hopefully I will get out of my own little screwed up world tomorrow long enough to reply to some of you I hope I can help.

Thanks for listening AGAIN!!! I just love you all!!

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2003, 05:41 PM
(((((Pam)))))

Gee, I hardly know what to say. First off,

Reading your post reminds me of myself a few years ago. My datebook looked like I had a very active social life until you looked at what all those entries were (Dr. A, Dr. B, Test A, Test B, Dr. C, Procedure A, etc.) So I have an idea of how overwhelmed you must be feeling. I'm really sorry.

You seem to be doing all the right things. If it helps any, things finally got sorted out with me and at least I know pretty much what I'm dealing with. That helps a lot. It won't happen tomorrow, but it will happen. Things will get better. I know getting there isn't much fun though.

Joselle
Unread 03-06-2003, 06:54 PM

(((Pam)))

I am so sorry to hear that you are having all of these problems. The recurrance of endo would be enough to send me over the edge, all by itself! I just feel so bad for you.

Please vent all you want. We're here for you, even if all we can offer is hugs and tissues! I keep saying how I just want to be a boring patient again ... I'm sure you'd like to be in that camp too.

Hang in there, sweetie.

Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2003, 07:32 PM

Pam
Don't you dare worry about replying to any posts here! You have quite alot on your plate right now and you need to take care of Pam. We'll still be here when you're feeling better. Unfortunately there's new sisters dealing with Road issues every day.

I am so very sorry that you're going thru so much right now. It sounds like you have some good doctors who are finding the problems and with finding these problems comes resolutions. I know you must be tired of dealing with all of this. But given time hopefully the docs will get you to feeling better.

Take care of yourself and please should you notice any change do contact your doctors and head to the ER.
Unread 03-06-2003, 08:05 PM
{{{{{ Pam }}}}}

Pam....you little sweetie pie. Thinking of others and how you can help them when you have so much on your plate yourself. It brings tears to my eyes thinking about it....you are a great person.

Here's a big from me to you...and we are all here for you, whenever you need someone, to talk to, vent, cry...we are all here for each other....that is the of this web-site.

I for one will be watching your posts to see how you are progressing....I care.

Lori
Unread 03-06-2003, 09:35 PM

Pam, many s hun! I have been reading your posts lately and my goes out to you. Please hang in there as best you can. Sounds like your doc is trying to help. Hubby is there for you now, too and that is a good thing. I pray that you find answers soon. Keep your chin up and know we care.........

Emily
Unread 03-07-2003, 03:28 AM

((((((((((Pam))))))))))

What a plateful you have sweetie...I know to how hard it is to hear that "one more thing" is going on to. The feeling of when will it ever end is a biggie.

Please know we'll be here holding your hand all the way and we'll be happy to hand out 's whenever you need them. Please try to rest...I know...easier said than done. But do try...

I'm sending some strong prayers to the big guy upstairs honey....

and I'm sending tons of to.

Dawn
Unread 03-07-2003, 07:44 AM

Dear Pam,

I too want to add my S to you sweetie. I am so very sorry that you are dealing with so much all at once. I will keep you in my prayers dear sister. Please come here and we will surround you with love and support. We are your sisters...

I am struggling with the pain from Endo on a daily basis, so if I can ever be of assistance to you, please e-mail me anytime. I wish I had some light to shed on all of the other health issues you are facing, but I have no personal experience. I will pray...

Please try to get lots of rest for the next little while. It is totally understandable that you are feeling the way you are...Get it out and cry when you need to...

Please let us know how you are doing when you are feeling up to it sweetie....
Unread 03-07-2003, 10:12 PM

Oh ((((Pam)))) Don't worry about answering post, : you have enough to deal with, sweetie

I am so sorry you're having to deal with all of these issues all at once. I'm soooo happy that your DH now understands and cares about all that you've been going through.

Sounds like you have a pretty good, caring, in that GYN of yours. Be sure to keep a close tab on that leg. If the swelling doesn't go down, do as he says and head for the ER. If the swelling increases or you start feeling worse, head for the ER. When in doubt, head for the ER.

((((Pam)))) we'll see you through all of this: that's what we're here for.

Take care, sweetie, and try to rest.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register