delicate question of sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

delicate question of sex delicate question of sex

Unread 03-07-2003, 04:32 AM
delicate question of sex

Thought this question might get your attention!
I am going back to the castle on April 30th for more repairs to the undercarriage. Had a TVH a year ago for a uterine prolapse with cystocel and rectocel repair and everything went well, no regrets there. But now I have a vaginal vault prolapse and my GYN says he will strengthen the vaginal wall with synthetic mesh to repair the new cystocel and rectocel that I have.
I don't have any problems with bladder leakage or bowel disfunction or pain of any sort, just the discomfort of the prolapse protruding from the vagina. I asked him if he would do a bladder sling at the same time to prevent future problems but he said he didn't think it was necessary. I really don't want to go through this again down the line and would rather he do it all at once.
Back to the question of sex.......has anyone had the vaginal wall strengthened with mesh and can it be felt during intercourse by either partner???????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2003, 07:09 AM
delicate question of sex

I am glad to see you are getting hep.

Quote:
I don't have any problems with bladder leakage or bowel disfunction or pain of any sort, just the discomfort of the prolapse protruding from the vagina.

That is great. Not so in my case. I will go to the doc again next week.

Yes, sex is different, you do not feel the mesh though. I have perm stitches and I can feel those.

I have a Burch bladder sling. I still have leakage. I have gone through PT.

I am still on this travelling road.

I am wishing you success with your surgery.
Unread 04-09-2003, 08:04 AM
Jano, its you!

Hi Jano,

Its Downsy here. Remember, we were just a day apart in our trip to the castle and communicated for a while afterwards by email.

I was so sorry to read your new posts about your prolapse. You went through so much post surgically last time. I guess I felt angry too because I have often thought about how little the Gyn had to say for himself versus the huge amount of information to be gained here. The laws on informed consent are pretty good in Australia and I wonder when someone is going to challenge the limited "everything will be fine" approach that so many doctors take. I suspect they do not want to worry our dear little heads.

Anyway, I will be thinking of you on the 30th. I have not been on the site for over a year but a friend off to the castle made me visit and then look for your name. You are a survivor and I know you will do it like a true brave Princess.

Good luck.

Downsy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Hi Downsy,

It was good to hear from you again. When my computer crashed last year I lost your email address as well as many others.
As you can see from my post I am in trouble again. I am trying not to let the thought of more sugery get to me so have been keeping busy. Just finished a major exhibition of my paintings that was so full on that I couldn't think of anything else.
I don't know what is worse...facing surgery for the first time knowing very little other than what I learnt on this site, or going in knowing exactly what to expect and what can and does go wrong. I have been reluctant to post often as I don't want to worry all the new pre and post ops who browse the pages here the way we used to, but I pop in occassionally, usually to hit the search button with a specific question. What a God send this site is. But then, as you say, I am a survivor and I will get through this................again!
Unread 04-24-2003, 09:08 PM
delicate question of sex

((((Jano)))))) I'm so sorry you're having these new problems I know you've already been through a lot. Hopefully, this upcoming surgery will be the last one in a long, long time.

I'm sending tons of healing s your way and wishing you the best of luck.

Unread 04-25-2003, 05:03 AM
Hi Dany

Thanks for all the Hugs and support. I used to know how to put smilies in my posts but it's been so long now that I forget how to do it. But your's put a smile on my face.
Thanks
Jano
Unread 04-25-2003, 05:33 PM
delicate question of sex

Hi Jano, I'm so happy my post made you smile

To add smilies in your posts, first make sure that the option:
  Quote:
Use vBCode quick links on your message input screens?
is turned to "Yes" in your Control Panel

Then you'll see a box with "Smilies", showing 6 smilies on the left side of your text box, when you either submit a new post or reply to a post. To see more smilies, just click on the Get More text link.

Hope this helps brighten up your posts
Unread 04-26-2003, 03:05 AM
Good luck Jano

Hi Jano,

Glad you were able to post back. I will be thinking of you on Wednesday and praying that all goes well for you.

Good luck and god bless.

Downsy
Unread 04-27-2003, 04:19 PM
Dany

I found them !!!!!!!
Feeling pretty low after catching a tummy bug from the kids at the weekend
I have an appointment with the anaesthetist in an hour, have been up all night with trips to the bathroom. After waiting so long for this to be over I hope he does not cancel my op which is scheduled for two days from now. If he does it will be back to the bottom of the waiting list for me.

Hi Downsy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register