What to do with stock-pile of leftover pads? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What to do with stock-pile of leftover pads? What to do with stock-pile of leftover pads?

Unread 03-07-2003, 09:05 AM
What to do with stock-pile of leftover pads?

While surfing through Hyster Sisters I remember reading somewhere what other uses there are for all of the leftover feminine protective devices (pads, tampons, etc.). I am planning to send a list to my DD to give to his Hyster. pts as he has a great sense of humor and so do I. Come on, ladies, can you help me out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2003, 09:14 AM

I gave my supplies to the Womens Shelter. Later on when I moved I found another stash. This time I used them as a White Elephant gift at a ladies church party. At first I didn't know what a White Elephant gift was supposed to be, but then it was explained. It's something that's still in good shape that you no longer need. It was perfect. I arranged them in a lovely gift box. It was a hoot!
Have fun,
Darla
TAH/BSO
Unread 03-07-2003, 09:17 AM

Well, here's what I did with my panty liners....

When I put jeans on, I felt that the bottom of the zipper was pressing right on my incision. :cry:
So, my DSO had a great idea. He suggested I take a panty liner, adhere it inside the FRONT of my panties where the zipper hit the incision so it would cushion the impact. I tried it and he was soooo right. What a relief!

HollyG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2003, 11:32 AM

Here's one thread that may give you some ideas:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=83298

and another (some pretty funny ones here):
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=67563

Lynn
Unread 03-07-2003, 12:25 PM

I got a hilarious email last week that was titled 'Martha Stewart Crafts' and it was a pair of slippers made out of 4 maxi pads with little Christmas items attached! I got such a chuckle out of that ....but alas, I had already passed my supply on to my sister!
Unread 03-07-2003, 04:17 PM

The following link is one of the funniest things I have ever read on the subject of feminine product disposal. The thread starts off on a different topic, but quickly switches to what you're looking for.

**WARNING**
If you are a new princess, go right now and get your tummy pillow if you are planning to read this link. It is a stitch-ripper!

Okay, you've been warned...here goes!

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=58769
Unread 03-07-2003, 06:34 PM
here's and idea for pads

my aunt was babysitting one day and the baby had wet every diaper she had. she had some pads that she used to line the last diaper and changed these out until the mom came back home. We thought it was a hoot and mom really was embarrassed that she didn't leave enough dapers. It worked and baby was happy and dry. lol
sherry
2-6-03 tvh and a&p repair
Unread 03-07-2003, 10:04 PM
I gave mine

to my sister who is 2 years younger than me, and her daughter, my 13 year old niece, who just started with visits from Aunt Flo this year. The box included tampons as well. Was SO glad to get rid of them things! Ackkkk!
Unread 03-07-2003, 10:10 PM

Heh, You know those swiffer mop things? I had run out of the pads for mine and didn't think to tell DH. After all I wasn't planning on mopping. I went into the kitchen a couple of days ago, I found DH mopping the floor. He was using my left over Pads for replacement mop pads. I bout fell down laughing. We have since discovered they work great with windex for cleaning windows. Talk about a streak free shine!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register