Less than 24 hours to go... I can't stand it! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Less than 24 hours to go... I can't stand it! Less than 24 hours to go... I can't stand it!

Unread 03-09-2003, 07:42 AM
Less than 24 hours to go... I can't stand it!

I have to be at the castle at 5am tomorrow morning and I am so jittery!

Hard time sleeping last night and I am sure that tonight will be even worse. I even got up at one point last night with the dry heaves! Really strange dreams and all of them related to the surgery and the hospital.

Have a few more things to do around the house, cleaning wise. Like the family room where I will be recovering. Family taking me out for dinner tonight but right now I have no desire to eat.

The "guys" are going out this afternoon and I will have a little bit of alone time for myself. Thinking a nice hot bubble bath is in order as it might be the last one for a while.

A few family phone calls to make. Bag already packed.

All I really want to do is get really drunk and not think....but doubt it would be a good thing to head into surgery hungover!
LOL!

To my fellow castle sisters for Monday....hang in there! We are almost there!

Thanks to everyone for all the love and support over the last few weeks. It means more than you will ever know!

**hugs**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2003, 07:57 AM

Hi Glitter!

Gook Luck to you!

Be brave and it will be over soon! I am scheduled for June 24 for surgery, so I will be looking for your post-op story!

Best wishes, and I will say a prayer for you!

Sue
Unread 03-09-2003, 08:44 AM
Less than 24 hrs

Wow! I hear ya! I go on the 19th and have the same feelings, dreams etc...I think our minds go into overload at this point!
I am cleaning every day and this morning it hit me as to how the heck I am going to do things after.....I have a huge mess every morning..!
Hmmmm now if only we could find those little elves to come and do it while we sleep it would be wonderful..
I am sure you will be fine and think this is something we all go through in our minds....I am scared to death, but also trying to remember the sying, "the only thing to fear is fear it'self"
The song years ago popped into my mind "You gotta walk that lonesome valley, you gotta walk it by yourself, no one can walk it for you..."
Well we all have to do it and many have...but remember your really never alone, many prayers are with all of us through this group and our friends and family...and He who walks with us never leaves us...
God Bless and good luck....
Nan-c
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2003, 09:22 AM

I was exactly the same as you guys - really nervous - but here I am 5 days post op - it really was OK - I wouldn't lie to you - you'll all be just fine

Unread 03-09-2003, 09:39 AM

Hi Glitter,
Tomorrow is also the big day for me as well.I was doing okay until this morning.Iam very nervous and had bad dreams last night as well.I have to be at the castle at 6:30 in the morning and i am the first case to go in.So no waiting for me.But by this time tomorrow morning it will be all over.I will think of you as well as the other sisters who are in this thing with us tomorrow.I wish you all God Speed in your recovery. Get ready ladies we're about to recieve our crowns.
Gentle Hugs to you all
Jean Ann

PS...Just think in a week or so we can all talk about our castle visit.
Unread 03-09-2003, 09:40 AM
Really scared...

My mind today keeps thinking about my mom. She died at age 49 (I was 19) from complications during surgery. Granted, a totally* different set of circumstances but I am close to that age now myself. I am praying that she is watching over me now. I wish I had her to talk to right now.

Then I start thinking about my "life line", ya know, on the palm of your hand. Fortune tellers type of thing... (yeah, silly, silly!) I noticed when I was a silly teenager when friends and I were doing the palm reading crazy stuff, that my "life line" is short.

What dumb stupid mind games I am playing on myself today. I am sure that is what is causing the stomach upset....

Thanks for letting me ramble and talk crazy.... it actually helps to say it because it makes it more silly to me.
Unread 03-09-2003, 10:04 AM
24 Hours til it's over!!!

I envy you. My surgery isn't until March 31st and the waiting is killing me. The pain I am in is killing me even more. Just think about how much better things will be when you wake up. The worry will be over! I had nightmares and stuff when I first scheduled my surgery 3 weeks ago but I know this is the best thing for me.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow!!!

Good Luck and tomorrow the pampering will begin!
Unread 03-09-2003, 10:06 AM
Hugs to all of you...

Oh, if only I had some way to convince you that it really *is* going to be alright . Go in with confidence. Expect everything to go smoothly,and nothing less. I wish I could give you all a hug.

Please post when you can, post-op.

HollyG
Unread 03-09-2003, 10:53 AM
me too

I wish you the very best and I know what you are going thru...my date is wednesday 3/12 and i'm starting to get very anxious, so keeping myself busy cleaning, cooking and hanging out with my teenage daughter. I don't know how I'm going to manage the 35 minute drive without panicking or getting sick to my stomach. I just want it all over with and hopefully the worst will all be behind us. I will be watching for you on return, us newly crowned princesses can show off our crowns together.
If any of you need someone to chat with...look for me or PM me.
Take Care ((((((big hugs))))))
Trish
Unread 03-09-2003, 11:28 AM
Ahhh, glitter...

Everything will go well tomorrow. Think happy thoughts.

I can only imagine how it feels, so close, and feeling like you need your mom. It's tough. But you're one tough lady and you'll do great!

I'm relating somewhat because the last time I was actually in* a hospital was when I sat with my dad, holding his hand, watching him take his last breath. So, my comfort level with hospitals is... uh... a big zero!

But you know, your mom will be with you - as I'm convinced my dad will be with me - and your heart will be a little lighter because of it.

Can't wait to see you in your crown. You'll be a beautiful

You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow, as will all the other Princesses to be!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register