almost 2 weeks post op how should I feel | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

almost 2 weeks post op how should I feel almost 2 weeks post op how should I feel

Unread 03-09-2003, 01:44 PM
almost 2 weeks post op how should I feel

I had a TAH BSO on 2-25. I was one week in the hospital. How much should I be doing at this point and how should I feel/

I'm just walking around the house every couple of hours, laying down and sometimes sitting in a hard back chair with a pillow on it. Thats about all I do. Should I be doing more? Also I'm sitting on the toilet a lot. I have gas pains and constipation and the runs all at the same time because of the antibiotics I am taking. They are really tearing up my stomach but I only have to take them for two more days so the doctor doesn't want to change them. Also, how often should I shower to wash the incision?

Any advice as to how I should be feeling would be appreciated.

Thanks

pat82 TAV BSO - lots and lots of endo that nobody knew was there. Diabetic and overweight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2003, 01:51 PM
almost 2 weeks post

Hi there,

I am trying to remember what I was doing at 2 weeks post. I think I was doing a lot of resting, reading, more resting, needle point, and a little walking (about 200 yards) 1 time daily.

I remember being real tired all the time. I enjoyed visits from friends and talks on the phone, but I still was not doing house work or long walks. I may have folded the laundry, but hubby did the washing and lugging. I think my husband did all the housework and cooking. I was still sore and moved slowly and carefully.

It was difficult for me to be so idle all the time , but it paid off because I was back to work part time at 6 weeks..:-) Take it slow and easy and get used to deligating to others your chores. You will be back in the saddle soon enough, give yourself lots of time and lots of pampering.

Vickie
TAH/BSO, appendix, endo, adenomyosis..11/7/02
Unread 03-09-2003, 03:28 PM

Other than lifting anything heavy, you should be able to do things again. Perhaps more slowly. Try to walk a bit each day. I started out at 5minutes the day after I returned home & built up to 30 minutes within a few weeks (not at any fast pace). I think walking helps you to recover/get "normal". I also, after a couple of days, of getting home took a shower each day. I put a plastic (get them at Target or Walmart) chair in the shower the first week or so, but after that didn't need it. I found that sitting upright on a hard chair, with or without pillow, was harder on me stitchwise, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2003, 05:01 PM

Hi Pat,
At two weeks I was still not doing very much. DH went back to work at about 1 1/2 weeks and then I started getting my own breakfast, & lunch. Church family brought dinners. At two weeks I remember resting inbetween "activities": Get up & eat breakfast * rest * shower * rest * walk in house for 10 minutes * rest * sit up and read * rest *
You get the idea! Even trips to the bathroom (and they were many) needed rest afterwards!
It sounds like you may have had more healing concerns since you were in the castle for a week and you are diabetic.
I'd say take it really easy and don't get discouraged, it will get better.
I am 4.5 weeks post op right now and feeling much improved, although still trying to be a good princess.
Two weeks ago I couldn't imagine going back to work 6 weeks post-op, but now I'm thinking that is doable!
Good luck with your healing.
Jo
Unread 03-09-2003, 05:12 PM

Hi Pat,

I'll be 3 wks PO on Wed. and I feel better each day. I've been a good . I think the walks help the most. It was hard to sit up at first. This sometimes still bothers me. (so I stretch out) I find that changing positions a lot helps. I too am overweight and hope the walking helps with that. I find walking outside a wonderful thing after this long winter. It's really nice to be able to do that . I'm usually working all day and can't enjoy the sunshine as much as I'd like. At first it was once around the block, then twice. Now I'm going around the neighborhood. As far as the shower, I usually start my day with that. It wakes me up and makes me feel brand new. I didn't have staples and have no restrictions on my incision.
Ask the Dr.

s to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register