Sheeee's baaaack - from the castle that is! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sheeee's baaaack - from the castle that is! Sheeee's baaaack - from the castle that is!

Unread 03-11-2003, 12:14 AM
Sheeee's baaaack - from the castle that is!

Hey guys,

Well I'm home, not really feeling crash hot but who does when you've had what feels like half of your insides removed. The good news though appears to be that whatever it was, was removed totally and the pathology on the hysterectomy showed only benign. If I sound like I'm being a bit vague about this, you're right because I don't remember what was told to me other than it was OK that it wasn't cancer and that they had it all - and I kept my ovaries. As I improve over the next couple of weeks I'll get a hold on more information (copies of path results etc). I have however, sent a request to my gyn/onc to get a second pathologist opinion on the originial D&C and polypectomy and also the hysterectomy. I feel like I'm probably being paranoid, but if they had removed my ovaries, I would probably not worry so much. The fact that endometrial stromal tumours can feed on oestrogen concerns me enough to make me want to be double sure of the diagnosis. Today is a good day, yesterday was particularly sh***y. First day home from the castle, the pain relief not really working well (the Digesic worked for pain relief but totally tripped me out - halucinations and night horrors) and I am only really taking Paracetamol every 4 hours. On top of all that, my stomach decided it was going to play merry hell and diarrhea, cramps and nausea on top of the pain from the
TAH - aaarrgh!! I have an ongoing stomach complaint, so this was nothing really new to me, just the combination of the both was too, too much. HOwever, I did get some lovely flowers delivered from my husband's work which lightened up my day at the end.

I wanted to thank everyone for their support in the lead up to the op. It really did help me heaps. I a remembering that each day is one more day towards recovery and pain free life.

:

Lena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2003, 03:32 AM
welcome back Lena

I know what mean about being kind of vague about all they said at castle. mine was only the daybefore yours, and sept for BP and low temp bing a proplem I dont rember very much about what they had to say. sept the doc said she felt they got it all.
but then that is what they said when theydid the laser, leep thing. and when they did the cone biopsy before that. ug. Can you realy get copys of your Path reports, and such? Ihave my frist Post-op tomorow. Maybe I will ask doc about it.
Ant glad youare back, PLEASE lesen to the big sister here, get plenty of rest, and drink lots of water. dont forget them walks.

God bless , and happy healing, Karen Hart
Unread 03-11-2003, 08:28 AM

Hi Lena,

Glad that you seem to be improving, and that you have some pain contol that seems to be working. Congratulations on coming through this!

Karen: Hope you are feeling better. You can definitely get copies of your path report, just ask, and they will give it to you as long as they have it back already.

Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2003, 09:46 AM
Hi Lena

They ship you out of the hospital so fast these days everything's a blur. It's a good idea just to let a gyn/onc look over pathology but so far that report sounds excellent. Owwwwwwwwww on the intestinal problems! I hope that resolves soon. Just gaze on those pretty flowers and get as much rest as you can. Ellen
Unread 03-11-2003, 03:10 PM

Hi Lena

I was glad to see that you're home and doing pretty good. I don't think I got any info about the pathology when I was at the castle. My dr went over it at my one-week follow up. ....or maybe I did get some info but was too zonked to remember!

Take good care of yourself!

Unread 03-11-2003, 03:26 PM

Hi Lena.

Glad that all went well and that you are home. Now is the time to take advantage of that lots of deserved rest and relaxation.

Rosalie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register