Fatigue hit hard | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fatigue hit hard Fatigue hit hard

Unread 03-11-2003, 08:59 AM
Fatigue hit hard

Hey ladies

Quick ??=== I was doing wonderfully after adhesiolysis and gall bladder surgery but I think I hit a wall this week. We have been experiencing some other stresses in our life too but WOW this hit hard. I am dead tired today and been wearing out faster than when I was 1 week post op. My pastor's wife hasn't seen me since surgery but when I visited church this week she came up and ask me if I was feeling any better because she was worried about my color. She used to be a nurse and said maybe I should get my hemoglobin checked, I didn't get to go into detail with her because we were interupted. What do you ladies out there think, I don't think I look yellow-(one of the possible complications of gall bladder surgery-jaundice) but I know I am still very pale. Okay so it wasn't a quick question I am already on extended time off from work because of multiple surgeries but am scheduled to be back next Monday At this rate I'll tire out by mid-morning!

Any thoughts?? I have a call into the NP at surgeon's office today.

Hugs to all,
DLK

BTW: I am concerned about some remaining pain in the lower right ab too, I hope GYN didn't miss anything- it just became more prominent this past weekend- I go see him tomorrow. Maybe it has to do with that mesh thing??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2003, 09:04 AM
Hugs

Hi,
I'm sorry you hit a wall. I feel that way too. I am anemic since losing a lot of blood during my surgery and I look pale and getting iron without having it bother me has been tough. Ask your doctor if he thinks you need to be checked. You may just be tired from healing. It seems we all hit the wall and go up and down during our recoveries. I will keep you in my prayers.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Unread 03-11-2003, 03:46 PM
Fatigue hit hard

I didn't think this was going to happen this time, just seemed like this was such a less invasive surgery in my mind. All the info you read on the surgeries done by lap say I should be ready for work already I felt better last week I didn't lose any blood etc and can't tolerate iron so if I am anemic its a time deal- again). I have been trying to do all the right things- eating good, getting lots of sleep and doing little odds and ends to get exercise so I can work up to a full day schedule. I was so literally tired this morning I couldn't think straight maybe it's the my hormones are definitely out of whack- night sweats, hot flashes and horrific mood swings.

Thanks for the reply... any one else out there got a thought or encouragement on this down day???

DLK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2003, 05:58 PM
Fatigue hit hard

DLK,
From my experience surgery will definetly do a number on the hormones. I've had 4 more surgeries since my hyst and with each one I've had a return of the hot flashes, mood swings, headaches, etc. I have resisted the urge to tweak and eventually things did settle down and I returned to where I was hormonally before the surgery.

Keep in mind that even though you may think that the surgery is *just a lap*, any surgery is major. Just the anethesia alone can do a number on us.

I had a lap in November and the doctor didn't even find anything, he just looked around, and it was still approximately 6 weeks before I felt back to normal. Well...normal for me anyways.

I would still give the doctor a call. I don't know alot about gall bladder surgery but if jaundice can be a complication and someone has remarked about the color of your skin I think a call is warranted. It is always better to be safe than sorry.

Go easy on yourself. I think now is a good time to pamper the
Unread 03-13-2003, 09:56 AM
Fatigue hit hard

Kim- thanks for the reply. I had a GYN appt yesterday. so frustrated but that is another post. I discussed my fatigue with both offices and they agree that it is normal. My GYN on the otherhand doesn't think it warrants staying off work- Hello? Luckily my boss talked with me yesterday and recommended I try being off one more week since this makes my 3rd major surgery in under 2 years. Thank goodness he had mercy on me.

s
DLK
Unread 03-13-2003, 11:03 AM
Fatigue hit hard

DLK,
I'm glad that your boss was understanding and you can take some more time off. Did the doc at least run some bloodwork just to make sure everything was a-okay? If not, do you have a family doctor you can see? I know my family doc will do just about anything I ask him too, well almost anything.

I hope you feel better soon. Do take it easy and get lots of rest and drink plenty of fluids.
Unread 03-13-2003, 11:26 AM
How are you doing today??

I am so sorry you are feeling so tired

I feel that way almost daily. My couch is my bestfriend..

I hope you are feeling better today.
As for your doctor telling you to go back to work
You really need to rest, rest, rest!!! I am sure it is a man that told you that!! Thank god I have a wonderful caring Gyn, he really should be a woman as sympathetic as he is.. If your boss says to stay home, then by all means, STAY HOME!!! Do what your body tell you to do!

I will keep you in my prayers!!

Pam
Unread 03-13-2003, 04:34 PM
Fatigue hit hard

Thanks ladies:

I actually am doing some better, I am wondering now if Kim isn't right and it is a combination of both post op fatigue and hormone issues. As I said I am having some other major hormone symptoms too.

I agree ((Pam)) I think fatigue should be considered a problem when your talking about going back to a full time position. He is a very nice DR but still if my boss hadn't of stepped in I can't imagine starting back next week

I am going to do some research on diet and nutrition that might help with the anemia-what harm would it do to change some eating habits to see if it helps.

Big s,
Darlene

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register