post op interesting developement | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post op interesting developement post op interesting developement

Unread 03-12-2003, 01:01 PM
post op interesting developement

THIS IS MY FIRST VISIT TO THIS SITE, AND THIS IS MY FIRST POST. PLEASE EXCUSE ME IF I MAKE A MISTAKE. I JUST WANT TO TELL MY STORY. IN JULY OF 2002 I WAS TOLD THAT I NEEDED A HYSTERECTOMY BECAUSE OF VERY LARGE FIBROID TUMORS. FOR SOME REASON I FELT AN URGENCY ABOUT GETTING THE SURGERY DONE QUICKLY. SO IN AUGUST OF 2002 THE DEED WAS DONE. I WENT BACK FOR MY POST OP VISIT AND THE DR. DROPPED A BOMBSHELL. THE PATHOLOGIST HAD FOUND A VERY RARE TUMOR. A PLACENTAL SITE TROPHOBLASTIC TUMOR. THIS IS A PREGNANCY GONE TERRIBLY WRONG. I WAS ROCKED BY THIS INFORMATION. I WAS TOLD THAT I WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A BLOOD TEST EVERY MONTH FOR A YEAR TO MAKE SURE THAT THE CANCER HAD NOT SPREAD. FAIR ENOUGH, AFTER THE INITIAL SHOCK, I WAS OK. I STILL HAD MY OVARIES, SO I WAS GOOD TO GO, OR SO I THOUGHT. IN OCTOBER, I WENT BACK TO WORK. THE SECOND DAY BACK TO WORK, I HAD A SEIZURE OF SOME KIND AND WAS TAKEN TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM. AFTER SEVERAL TESTS(MRI,EEG,CAT,BATTERY OF BLOOD TESTS) IT WAS THE CONCLUSION OF THE NEUROLOGIST AND MY GP THAT I HAD HAD NEAR SYNCOPE BROUGHT ON BY ANXIETY AND STRESS FROM ALL THAT HAD HAPPENED TO ME. I WAS PUT ON LEXAPRO. I WENT ALONG WITH WHAT I WAS TOLD, EVEN THOUGH I NEVER REALLY FELT RIGHT. I HAD TWITCHES, AND DIZZY SPELLS. NOW IT IS MARCH, I AM NOT SLEEPING WELL, STILL HAVING MUSCLE SPASMS AND TWITCHES, AS WELL AS A RECURRING YEAST INFECTION THAT GOES AWAY AND THEN COMES RIGHT BACK AFTER TREATMENT IS OVER. I GO TO ANOTHER PA. SHE PRESCRIBES DIFLUCAN, AND WELLBUTRIN, AS WELL AS ELAVIL TO HELP ME SLEEP. I STOP TAKING THE ELAVIL AFTER ONE DOSE, I FEEL LIKE A ZOMBIE ALL THE NEXT DAY!!!!! THREE DAYS LATER, I HAVE ANOTHER GRAND MAL SEIZURE...SINCE I HAVE HAD 2, IT IS NOW CONSIDERED EPILEPTIC......I AM RUN THROUGH ANOTHER BATTERY OF TESTS AND I AM PUT ON TEGRETOL, AND ANTISEIZURE MEDICATION....BACK OUT OF WORK FOR AN UNSPECIFIED AMOUNT OF TIME, AND SCARED OUT OF MY WITS. THAT BRINGS MY STORY UP TO TODAY...I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAS CAUSED THESE STRANGE EVENTS, I JUST FELT IT WOULD HELP TO TELL OTHERS MY STORY, IF ANY ONE ELSE HAS HAD A SIMILAR TURN OF EVENTS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I AM CONFUSED AND JUST A LITTLE SCARED, I GUESS ANYONE WOULD BE!!!! THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND GOD BLESS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2003, 02:31 PM
Uh, yeah, I guess anyone would

Hi

Wow. What a story. No wonder you feel scared. To me the most scary thing would be not understanding. I can handle almost anything if I understand it.

Are you satisfied with your doctors or would you like to get another opinion or two? I'm not sure from what you said if you'd feel better if you heard another doctor's assessment.

I'm glad you're here and I'm sure others will be along soon to welcome you.

Joselle
Unread 03-12-2003, 03:19 PM
ummm, I think I might get more opinions

No wonder you are worried as I'm sure you feel like a possible time bomb. It's possible the Dr's are right on the mark, but judging by your post...I'm thinking you'd be much more at ease with some more opinions. This is not small stuff here. I don't know how far you are from a teaching hospital, but I know they tend to have some of the best Dr's. Also, inner city(though not pleasant areas usually ) also have some of the best as they see sooo much(my son had his brain surgery at a hospital in an inner city...not nice place but the BEST Dr.)Just suggestions...I wish I had some answers for you, but I think more investigation would help put your mind at ease(I hope). I will say a prayer for you...please let us know how you are and what you find out! Love, Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2003, 03:41 PM

bryndarammer
Just wanted you to know that you are not alone. At the age of 35 I started having "dizzy" spells, nausea and a feeling of static electricity in my head. I too had the same tests as you. The conclusion was that at some time in my life, I must have had a blow to the head as the MRI shows scar tissue on each side of my brain. I take 600mg. of Tegretol a day. Avoiding stress is a
must as is getting plenty of sleep. I have lived with the possibility of having seizures now for 11 years. After a while, you just don't think about it. Tegretol has worked very well for me , although it does slow the metabolism and I have gained some weight. Keep in touch with your neurologist and have your Tegretol levels checked regularly. Your going to be just fine!
I'm curious.... do the dr.'s suspect your hysterectomy or the problems surrounding it to be the cause of the seizures or just the stress of the situation?
Take care. Your amoung friends. Karlene
Unread 03-12-2003, 03:43 PM

Hi

Wow you have been thru alot.. I agree with other posts maybe need another opinion or two?? Large teaching hospitals in large cities are the best..

Hope you are better with the meds- how scary!! sending many s and hope you feel better soon.. keep us posted we are all here to one another on!!
Unread 03-12-2003, 04:51 PM

Hi, byrndarammar, I don't have the answers to your questions but thought I'd stop by with some s. It sounds like you've really been through the ringer! You've come to the right place tho for support. We are all here for you and we care! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and ers and I hope you get some answers very soon. Take care, Kathyanne P.S. Please keep us posted on how you're doing!
Unread 03-12-2003, 06:40 PM

I appreciate the kind thoughts and comments. I am still waiting to see the neurologist, so I am not sure what is causing the seizures. I do hope that I get used to the tegretol, it is rather alarming feeling so fuzzy. I will keep you posted as I learn more about my troubles. Thank you so much, I have a warm feeling from the posts that I have just read......hey I think its a warm fuzzy!!!!!!! how nice after feeling so much fear and uncertainty.
Unread 03-13-2003, 06:52 AM

Welcome to Hyster Sisters! I am so sorry that you're having to go thru so much. I don't have any experience with your current situation, but will say a er for you. I hope that the neurologist will be able to shed some light on this for you. Keep us posted on how you're doing.
Unread 03-13-2003, 04:45 PM

((bryndarammer)),
Welcome to HysterSisters, I'm soo glad you found us While I have no personal experience with this I did want to send lots of ((hugs)) & support your way
Pls let us know what your Neuro has to say...The ((Ladies)) here are so wonderful & compassionate, the love & support I have received here is amazing! I hope you will continue to post, vent too
I will pray that your Drs can find some answers for you soon ....((((((hugs))))))
Unread 03-13-2003, 07:04 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{bryndarammer}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

How long have you been taking Tegretol? Are you having any other side effects besides having the fuzzy feeling? You may want to call your doctor & let him know how you are feeling on the Tegretol.

I know that Tegretol is a very strong medication. My son was put on Tegretol several years ago. And the doctor that put him on Tegretol told my husband & myself that the side effects would show up in blood test. We asked the doctor several times what were the side effects & he keept repeating they would show up in blood test. As we all know, side effects do not show up in a blood test. All blood test show is how the medication effects the vitle organs. We started my son on the Tegretol & in less then a week we had to whean him off the Tegretol. We had called a friend of ours that had a PDR & she told us of all the side effects this medication had. And my son had all the side effects listed. We tried to talk with this doctor, but this doctor is the kind of doctor that thinks he knew it all. As it turns out, my son did not need any medication at all.

's &

Patty

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register