New DR, New Info | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New DR, New Info New DR, New Info

Unread 03-12-2003, 02:42 PM
New DR, New Info

It is about time!

I saw a urologist yesterday ( one that my gyn sent me to early in the recovery) But yesterday he was just what I needed. He did a through exam and talked to me about what was going on. He answered most of my questions and I did not even have to ask! Then the rest when I asked.

He said that the rectocele was one of the worst and unusual had had seen, the cystocele was not too bad but my urethural (sp) had fallen completely over and is just kind of laying there. He asked me if he could make a suggestion

......well that is what I was there for.......

He made me an appointment with another Gyn (funny that my dr (gyn) called him now he is calling someone else)

Anyway I am still in discomfort but at least mentaly I am feeling better. And not one time did he tell me give it another couple weeks you will feel better.

My question for you all
Has anyone ever had fallen urethural (sp) Or heard or it ??

Thanks
Michele
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2003, 08:07 PM
Support

Hi,
I'm so glad you found a good doctor. It sounds like you are on the road to getting some decent help. I went to my urogyn at with nasty stress incontinence. I had a burch with my hyst in 2000, but it had apparently failed. I also had a rectocele develop 8 months after my hyst and then had a posterior repair (not a pleasant surgery to say the least) and a lap for adhesions. The incontinence had started back up again which is why I went back to my urogyn. My urogyn said he felt my urethra had dropped and the burch had "come loose" or had failed and he referred me to a urologist and I am now 14 days post-op from a bladder sling. The uro had told me, after tests, including two cystoscopies, that I had a weak pelvic floor and that my urethra seemed to "fall" which is part of why I had the incontinence. He said a bladder sling would help me. He did not recommend the less invasive TVT, which have helped some ladies here, because of the failed previous surgery, which had been laproscopic burch, and the fact that he wanted to be able to do an incision and fully get in there to see what was going on. Well, he sure did see, as after the surgery, which ended up taking 3 hours, he said it was worse than he thought and he had to cut through adhesions ect. just to get to my bladder and do the sling. He had to remove stitches from the previous surgery, which caused a hole, and he had to fix that as well. I'm still having a foley catheter and am trying to endure it for another 2 weeks until I have a cystogram and then hopefully they will remove it. So, I guess to answer your question, my urethra seemed to have fallen and the uro said the sling would help. Ask all kinds of questions at this appointment, and make sure the new doc knows as much as possible about your case. I'm sorry you are going through this. Let me know how you are doing. I will look for posts on your progress.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Unread 03-13-2003, 06:13 AM
New DR, New Info

Can't shed any light on a fallen urethra. Just want to tell you how glad I am that you found another doctor! Hope he can get to the root of the problem!

Kajsa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register