Back from Uro.. FINALLY I'm getting somewhere!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back from Uro.. FINALLY I'm getting somewhere!!! Back from Uro.. FINALLY I'm getting somewhere!!!

Unread 03-12-2003, 10:04 PM
Back from Uro.. FINALLY I'm getting somewhere!!!

Hello everyone!!

Sorry it took me all day to let you all know how it went. I had to drive 45 minutes to get there and had to stop at my previous Urologist's office to sign out my records to take with me and I took my friend that is a new RN. Her little girl was sick so we took her to the ER afterwards and I did not get home until 4pm. I did not take my pain meds so I could drive and BOY did I pay for it tonight. To top all of that off I had a conference at 5pm with my sons teachers and after that had to take my Algebra test, but made a 100 on it.. it has been a VERY long day!!

I am so relieved and so frusterated at the same time!!

My new Urologist is AWSOME!!! And a WOMAN to top it all off.. She had had some of the same problems a few years back and she was soooo sympathetic... I was almost in tears because she
actually listened instead of doing all of the talking.

She looked at all of the records from my other Urologist and told me she was not going to use the TVT, she was going to use cadaver fashia so it would last longer She also said she was going to repair the cystocele and rectocele and get her friend in the same hospital who is a General surgeon to do the hemerroidectomy at the same time. I will have to stay in the hospital overnight and go hone with a catheter for a week afterwards. I am not to fond of that idea, but I guess it I have to , I have to...

NOW THE KICKER.....

She will not touch me until my Gyn does a lap to see whether or not the pain I am having is actually reoccurring Endo. I dont have an appt with him until April 7th, so I have to call tomorrow to see if I can get in earlier and schedule the lap. She said if she goes in and does the repairs and there is endo in there it will make things alot worse because she will be sewing the endo in with the sling and I will hurt worse.

What can they do for reoccurring endo besides remove it and if there is something that can make it go away without removing it, how long does it take?? If it is endo that is back, I have been feeding it estrogen for almost 2 years. Surely that can not be good. My Gyn just took my organs out and did not remove any of the endo but told me it would die off eventually and I had a 2 to 3% chance of it coming back. I remember making the joke that I have the kind of luck that I would be that 2 to 3%. I guess I may have jinxed myself!! I dont want to have to deal with the endo again!!! Someone PLEASE give me some advice here on this one!!!

One thing I have learned the hard way through all of this is, NEVER say these key phrases:

1. What next?
2. It cant get any worse!
3. It will happen to me.
4. That wont happen to me.

I honestly think God has over tested me!! I just have to thank him for all of you though. Hopefully my mom is up there telling him that enough is enough!!

I can not possibly thank you all enough for all of your contined support and prayers. It is all I have right now that gets me through these horrific days I have had the past month and I know in my heart it will get me through the rest!!

My heart is with each and every one of you!!!

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2003, 11:39 PM

Pam...where to begin?

First of all, you've not mentioned the blood clot -- how is that going? Are you still taking Coumadin?

I see your new friend the Uro's point about the endo. What she did NOT say is that, if there is endo, it can turn into a whole different surgery, especially if it is anywhere near or on the urinary system.

Endo creates its own blood supply, and is very infiltrative. There are occasional moves in the GYN community, in fact, to include endo on the list of neoplastic diseases, in part because of this characteristic. That can make for a difficult bladder and hemorrhoid surgery with a lot of blood-rich tissue to have to deal with . Then, you've been on blood-thinners recently, and they do need to work with your clotting before any surgery can be planned. Your Uro probably has all of this in mind as she recommends the lap.

We have had members who have used Lupron even post-hyst, but only for a short term. And I don't know if any of them were as far out as you are. If you look at some of the endo resources on this site, you'll find a lot of links to people with surgical answers. That being said, you want to be as upfront as you can be with your GYN, asking if he's done a lot of endo surgeries. There really is a technique, and not everyone is really thorough enough in delicate surgeries such as yours might be.

Pam, I totally sympathize with your "key phrases". My household is run on the philosophy of "it's always ONE MORE THING". We keep going...

Hopefully your DH has continued in his attentiveness, and WTG! on the algebra test!

Audrey
Unread 03-13-2003, 06:25 AM

Thanks Audrey!!

As far as my blood clot goes, I am off of the coumadin and doing fine. My Gyn had a ton of bloodwork done last week so I still do not know how that came out. I am calling this morning though.. They did not really say anything more about the blood clot. I am just suppose to watch how long I sit and make sure I get up and move around alot and keep an eye out for the early warning signs.

I am really frusterated about the Endo. I just pray he goes in a just finds some adhesions instead. I have a feeling this is going to be ANOTHER LONG road to recovery!!! I never in my life thought it would come back!! There I go with the "It wont happen to me" quote... I will go and check out the web sites you suggested.

Thanks again for your support and advice.

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2003, 07:22 AM

Pam, do you have a hematologist? The reason I ask is because I had a clot after surgery and my hematologist kept me on coumadin for a year. Six months is standard, but because mine was so large and in a deep vein, I was kept on it longer. That was nearly 4 years ago, and I still have regular visits with the hematologist.

When you call about your blood work, ask if they did a test for Factor V Leiden. That is what I have, and I never knew it before my blood tests were done.

Let us know what the doctor says, okay?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register