have you had a cystocele and what did it feel like? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

have you had a cystocele and what did it feel like? have you had a cystocele and what did it feel like?

Unread 03-13-2003, 05:13 PM
have you had a cystocele and what did it feel like?

Hi sisters, well here I am again, asking yet another question

My doc feels that I may have a cystocele and or a rectocele.....I'm just trying to compare notes here and see if anyone else has felt what I did when it happened so if any of you have please speak up!!

I'm not sure what's my interstitial cystitis and what's this possible other thing, but I"ve had alot of burning and discomfort that feels like it's up where my cervix used to be....along with the bladder spasms.....left sided vag pain........and then there is that "falling out" feeling that all of a sudden there is something in my vaginal area and as I walk it rubs against it??

......it totally reminded me of when I was in the castle last and when I got up with a catheter in and tried to walk, it felt just like it!!

if anyone has had this let me know! Thanks!! 's!!! PS I don't get to see the uro until July!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2003, 08:55 PM

Hi (((Gidge))) that does sound uncomfortable! I had a uterine prolapse, cystocele and rectocele together so it's a little hard to separate the symptoms of one from the others, but I'll try...

I suffered from stress incontinence ... I leaked every time I sneezed, coughed, laughed, jumped... basically any sudden movement triggered the loss of at least a few drops. My bladder felt full a lot when it really wasn't. I woke up 5 or 6 times a night having to pee (lost a lot of sleep that way!). I didn't really have bladder pain per se, but I did have kind of a heavy feeling there. I guess those are the symptoms I'd attribute to the cystocele, the rest being the rectocele (all GI type symptoms) and the prolapse (stuff hanging out of me that shouldn't have been!).

The symptoms you're describing sound more like vaginal vault prolapse, but the only way to know is to have someone with some experience giving you an internal exam. Make sure they examine you standing as well as lying down... often that isn't done and a prolapse can be missed since things slide back up when you lie down.

In fact, the best relief I had while I was awaiting my hyst was when I lay with my head lower than my feet... I got a friend's inversion table and would spend a few minutes a couple of times a day on it. It felt wonderful! You can accomplish the same thing by making a ramp out of a folding table or even piles of pillows and lying with your feet at the higher end.

I never had bladder spasms with the cystocele, though... that sounds more like the IC acting up.

I'm sorry you're feeling so yucky!
s,
-Linda
Unread 03-14-2003, 09:37 AM

Thanks Linda

I really appreciate any feedback I can get, I think there must be more then one thing going on, I have the leaking, spasms, burning (which feels like it's up where my cervix was)and in my urethra (no infection)......then I"ve had a really bad bout with bowel pain this week, cried and cried with bowel movements because they were so painful I thought I was either going to pass out or throw up, or both.......and sharp sharp pain on right side.........along with a bulgy sorta pain on left side of vagina that goes right back to the rectum (which I had prior to the last surgery as well).

Then I have this thing that's intermittent (thank god) where all of a sudden it feels like something is in my vagina.....and it hurts like I say it felt just like I had a catheter in and was trying to walk with it.......and it felt like it was falling out with each step!!

I think I'm going to ask for a referral to a gastro as well, if my gyn hadn't given up on me it would make things easier but I guess I may have to get a new one of those too!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2003, 02:32 PM

anybody out there?????

I thought there were more sisters out there with prolapse problems.....if anybody is lurking it sure would be nice to hear from someone, thanks!
Unread 03-14-2003, 02:37 PM

(((Gidge))), this might sound a little off the wall since you already had your hyst, but have you checked in Options or Pre-Op? There always seem to be a few sisters around in those forums with prolapse issues, and they're still dealing with the symptoms so they might be more helpful in relating exactly what it feels like. Just an

Your symptoms do sound like more than just a prolapse/cystocele... I hope you get some answers soon!
s,
-Linda
Unread 03-14-2003, 02:40 PM

thanks for replying Linda

I guess I should try that, I just thought there were more of us dealing with this sort of issue I guess!! Thanks for being there!
Unread 03-14-2003, 04:35 PM
cysttocele & rectocele here !

I too have a cystocle and rectocele, my symptoms are very similar to waht you have described here. I think because the cystocele is much smaller, a stage 1, and the rectocele is a stage 3-4 I have most of my pain lower and to the back. Including pain my lower back, bottom and vagina. Sitting down for more than 5 min is awful. Because I have a portion hanging out when I am standing at the end of the day I feel like I have a raw rash down there Yuck! As fas as the cystocele I have spasms in the evening very bad It is a fluttering feeling in the urethra, it is a very weird feeling almost makes me sick. the uro I saw last week was great and gave me some good info on how to stop the spasms there is a drug that I took called flowmax It worked well but he told me the best way to get rid of them is to get relaxed he said that they sometimes prescribe 2mg of Valume (sp) he said that works well. I chose to try it with out drugs but I some times do take half of a percocete depends how bad work has been that day. I am hoping to put off surgery until July the uro thinks that I am funny and doesnot think it will be possible. I see a new dr on Wed morning hopefully he will be able to give answers.

hope this helps some

Michele
Unread 03-14-2003, 04:39 PM

Thanks Michelle!!!

It so helps to talk to someone who has similiar symptoms and compare notes, I sorta feel like I'm floating out there for the next 5mths not knowing what to expect!!

I do have some pain when sitting particularly after a BM.....on the left side and it goes from the vaginal area back to the rectum......but the worse part is the falling down thing which doesn't happen every day....scary when that happens!!

best of luck to you please keep us posted on your progress!! 's!!
Unread 03-14-2003, 06:00 PM
might help

My mother also has a recotcele hers is small but in a different place than mine She is here in Florida for the winter and will have it repaired when she gets home. Her dr told her to treat it like a hemroid she does a prep H suppository every day and takes fiber con every night. she said it helps I have not tried it yet but after today I am ready. I am a medical sales rep and did alot of running around to dr offices today a lot of sitting in the car and walking. I am sooooo sore and tired.

Michele
Unread 03-14-2003, 07:32 PM
Gidge- PMS like pain???

Hello Gidge
I too have pain and pressure, I am pre-op (may) and have a retroflexed and prolapsed 13 week uterus, fibroids and a RT ovarian simple cyst. About 3 to 2 weeks before my period starts I have back pain, about 1 week before- painfull bowel movements (like passing glass) and some bladder pain when I sit . When my period starts I have alot of cramping. My symptoms get better by day 4 of my period, I have not been diagnised with a rectocele or cystocyle, my Doc said that after my surgery some symptoms MAY not go away. this is the plan LAVH keeping 1 ovary .
Here is my thought- the reason for this surgery IS better quality of life- why in the heck would I want to keep the ovary if the PMS can still be a problem so I still have some wont see the Doc until mid April . You betcha before I anything she needs to convince me WHY I should keep the overy. Any post -op sisters with PMS like pain????

Ding

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register