10 days after.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 days after.... 10 days after....

Unread 03-13-2003, 08:15 PM
10 days after....

Hello girls!!
Well, it’s been 10 days since this princess has been punctured.

I now have a “highway” mark from just above my bellybutton on down, and around my “curve”, and then down just a little more to the dead end. (My brother asked me how long my cut was and I told him I thought maybe a foot and a half!) I also have a little plastic bag thing that the cyst is still draining into.

I went to the Dr. today and she said that everything looked fine. I was hoping she would have taken out the bag and all of the staples. Of course.... I know...... that she knows..... what she’s doing.....she only took out some of the staples and she left the bag in. I will be going back on April Fool’s Day. What a day to have an appointment! I was hoping to go back to work by March 24th. Oh well, I guess I’m suposta be learning how to be still. I know there are things that I’m suposta learn from this whole “surprise” in life. Actually listening to the Dr. on how long not to do something is a good start.

I would like to thank all of you that were praying for me through all of this. All 6 of the things that the Dr. had tested came back good. NO MALIGNANCY!! I was very happy to find that out. THANK GOD!!!

There is the sort story of my experience. One of these days, when I’m at full speed, I will have to sit down and tell you “the entire thing”.

Talk to you again.
Erica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2003, 10:24 PM
10 days after....

Quote:
NO MALIGNANCY!!
Wonderful news, Erica. Now take good care of yourself and get plenty of rest.

Unread 03-14-2003, 04:45 AM
10 days after....

's Erica!

No cancer? Hooray! I am so happy for you!

Now be a good and stay in bed! Get lots of sleep, drink plenty of fluids. That crown looks just marvelous on you!

We'll looking forward to hearing more from you when you feel up to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2003, 10:28 AM
NO MALIGNANCY!

Doing not one, not two, but THREE happy dances for you.

Ellen
Unread 03-14-2003, 08:05 PM
10 days after....

Great News Erica!!!

I know how hard that sitting around and doing nothing gets. I wanted to go back to work 2 weeks after my hysterectomy. I actually thought that was enough time. However, my doc and I compromised on 5 weeks. OK... so I did enjoy myself a little and when the time came to go back to work, I was actually disappointed. Was getting to enjoy the stay home life.

Pamper yourself as much as you can now and get lots of rest. Play the game for a while and let everyone do for you.

Take care...
Rosalie
Unread 03-14-2003, 09:46 PM
10 days after....

{{Erica}}

That's EXCELLENT news!!!! NO CANCER ~ What we all love to hear around here.

I hope you'll get lots of rest knowing you can now concentrate on healing.

{{Hugs}}

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register