I'm scared to death and need prayers | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm scared to death and need prayers I'm scared to death and need prayers

Unread 03-15-2003, 09:30 AM
I'm scared to death and need prayers

I've only posted here a couple of times previously, but I still feel such a strong sense of community and love here from the sisters that I just had to reach out to all of you.

As I've told everyone previously, I have had undiagnosed uterine bleeding/spotting for 6 months now. This followed a traumatically stressful series of events in my life and also a rapid 30 lb. weight loss. My internal med doc thinks it's all hormonally related, but she's referred me to a gyno, and my appointment isn't until this coming Friday, March 21st.

She tried Lo-Ovral bc pills, and the dosage was too low to control the spotting. Then just this past Sunday I started on Ortho-Novum, a higher dose pill, and I thought it was getting better, but now the spotting is slowly returning again.....and I just know that it's cancer.

After all, if the bleeding was hormonally caused, wouldn't the Ortho-Novum have stopped it?

I also had a horrid nightmare last night where I dreamed my whole doctors appointment.....in the dream I was diagnosed with end stage endometrial cancer, and told I had an average of FOUR MONTHS left to live!
My heart has been pounding out of my chest and I haven't been able to eat a bit since. I just want to cry so bad......

Can anybody offer me any words of wisdom or support?
This Texas sister sure could use them.

Tex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2003, 09:41 AM

s Tex

Poor baby. Try and relax. It sounds like for six months you have been dealing with a problem that no one has found the cause for. I'm sure you have read on this forum how we all think the not knowing part is just the hardest time of all.
Abnormal uterine bleeding can have so many different causes.
Hopefully your gyn will now get to the bottom of the this problem and you will find you don't even need our cancer concerns forum.
Please stop back and let us know how your appt goes.

karenann
Unread 03-15-2003, 12:56 PM

Tex, I'm sorry you have to go through all this. I don't have any words to take away the worry, but will surely keep you in my prayers.

's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2003, 03:01 PM
Too soon to worry

Tex, I want to repeat something Karenann said, "Abnormal uterine bleeding can have so many different causes." There is no reason for you to think "cancer". Much, much greater chance your doctor will give you some other diagnosis.

Don't waste the next few days of your life with worry.

Mary D.
Unread 03-15-2003, 03:26 PM

TX,
You need to relax. I am a uterun pre cancer survivior. My only symptoms where abnormal bleeding. I saw my family Dr. last March and we discussed what was going on. Then he sent me to a gyn who I could'nt get in to until June. She did an ultra sound and found the interior of my uterus and tremendous build up. She put me on medroxyprogestern for the entire summer to regulate periods. ( ha ha on me, I had a period the entire summer) I went back to see her early fall and did another ultra sound and still the build up was there. Then finally we did a biopsy of the uterus ( in the office) and polyps were found so off to do a D and C . This told us I had hyperplasia with atypia cells (pre cancer) So by this time it was November and finally had my hyterectomy, So I guess I am saying stay in contact with your Dr. "Cancer" doesnt happen over night....I had months of dealing with with treatments before we found out what the real problem was. After the hysterectomy I did'nt need any other treatment. So hang in there and talk to your Dr. about your concerns that you have posted here......Keep your chin up (((((((((TX)))))))))))
Unread 03-15-2003, 06:53 PM
Thanks ladies.........

I'm so grateful to all of you for your words of support and prayers.

You know, even if I do end up needing a hyst, it will still be a bittersweet cure.....I'm 40 years old, never married, never pregnant, and my boyfriend and I are talking about getting married later this year, early next year. He is 36, so I've been really hoping that we could at least TRY for one kiddo after we're married.
Perhaps not.

Anyway, I'll be sure to let all of you when I finally get a definitive diagnosis.

Love,
Tex
Unread 03-16-2003, 04:23 AM

Tex,

I recall that the times I was doing nothing were the worst. Waiting for appointments or test results and after my treatment for endometrial cancer ended were my most anxious times. You might want to try giving the gyn's office a call on Monday to see if there have been any cancellations for earlier in the week. I have either called or asked to be put on a waiting list and have managed to get earlier appointments on a number of occasions. It can't hurt and may end up saving you a couple of nights sleep.

Good luck.

MoeKay
Unread 03-16-2003, 09:59 AM
No exceptions...

Hi Moekay,
I've tried numerous times to get in for an earlier appointment to no avail.
And I work at the hospital that my new doc practices at, and know the staff at his office! And still no exceptions for me.
I'm keeping busy, but worries still fill my every waking hour.

Will keep you posted.

Tex
Unread 03-16-2003, 11:10 AM

Tex,

If it were me, I wouldn't let the fact that you haven't had success with getting an earlier appointment on other occasions keep me from trying now. The fact that there might not have been any cancellations before does not mean that an appointment might not open up this time. If you are on friendly terms with the staff, you might explain that your situation is causing you a significant amount of anxiety, and ask if you could be wait-listed in the event another patient cancels.

Being the persistent person that I am, I know that it's often the squeaky wheel that gets the oil. Sometimes it's worked for me in the past and sometimes it hasn't, but as another saying goes, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

MoeKay
Unread 03-16-2003, 05:20 PM
No go........

No, I've tried numerous times just this past week to get an early appointment. Trust me, I'm plenty persistent. But I can't force them to see me early.I've done all I can do, and now I just have to wait and pray.

Part of me wants to know what's wrong, but there's a huge part of me that is afraid to find out. I'm not handling the fear too well at all, and it's more like abject terror right now than fear.

I just wish someone could knock me out with sedatives and let me know when this whole nightmare is over. I'm all cried out, and the worry is paralyzing.

Still, I carry on with the support of my friends, my boyfriend and all of you here.
I'll pop back in later this week for an update.

Love, Tex

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register