Recovering Princesses beware of spring! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovering Princesses beware of spring! Recovering Princesses beware of spring!

Unread 03-16-2003, 09:20 AM
Recovering Princesses beware of spring!

Spring is upon us. Typically it would be time for that spring cleaning....HOWEVER, if you are a healing princess, please remember to put you and your health and your healing first this year. There will be next year, and the year after.... This year, make an exception and let this spring mean you'll allow your body to heal without challenging it by trying to spruce things up.

((((FOR RECOVERING POST OP PRINCESSES)))))

Once upon a day in spring
The Princess needed pampering
But instead, she mopped the floor
She dusted, cleaned, vacuumed, and more!

Her spring-cleaned house sparkled and shined!
But the princess was now hurting; she whimpered and whined.
“I was feeling so good”, she said with woe
“But why couldn’t I have let it go?”

Off to bed the princess then retreated
Vowing her mistake would not be repeated.
“No matter how good I think I’m feeling
Spring cleaning time is here, but I’m still healing!”

((((HUGS)))) all around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2003, 10:40 AM

Toonces,

What a sweet post !! Loved your poem!

And the way I look at it is this : we all did a heck of a spring cleaning on our bodies (regardless of the season we actually did it!) I think that's more than enough!

HollyG
Unread 03-16-2003, 11:18 AM
amen

Oh ya... I cleaned real well before the date (02-26-03) and now the snow is melting and the dog poo is showing up so I complained to family and no results so I thought I'd give it a try this morning ...not ....I stopped and pouted back in the house I will have to learn to ignore things better than I use to ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2003, 02:45 PM

I definitely hear you! I am 2 weeks post-op and I'm feeling fairly well. However, the weather has changed.....highs in the 70's. I'm dying to get outside and work in my flower beds and open up all the windows in the house and do some power cleaning. I'm sure I could do some damage if I listened to my instead of my head. Don't worry Im smarter than that. (I think).....Thanks for being there for us, and for good advice!
Unread 03-16-2003, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HollyG
Toonces,

What a sweet post !! Loved your poem!

And the way I look at it is this : we all did a heck of a spring cleaning on our bodies (regardless of the season we actually did it!) I think that's more than enough!

HollyG
Isn't that the truth!!!! That is such a good point! Ya, ladies; we've already done our 'spring cleaning' for the year! Yay! No more vacuuming for the year!
Unread 03-16-2003, 09:03 PM

Unread 03-17-2003, 01:30 AM
im with you there

At 3 weeks post i looked out the window and saw the leaves shed from the winter.

Did I ignore them? Raking is 'light work" isnt it? I thought

wish i had ignored it though. Straight back to bed to recover. Naughty princess.

Love the poem. keep em coming
Unread 03-17-2003, 02:02 AM

Hi all. I was a naughty princess too! 6 weeks post, DH out of town, what a perfect opportunity to get the house in shape. WRONG!! Swelly belly, sore calf muscles (just to name a few). DH is on a business trip this week & I am going with. He feels I am more likely to stay out of trouble if I am stuck in a hotel room for a week! Thank Goodness at least HE has some sense!

Bad Bad Princess,
Katie
Unread 03-17-2003, 04:09 AM
Too late :-(

I am 10 weeks post op and have been feeling wonderful for a few weeks now, so have had a tendancy to "forget" that I just had major surgery. With the beautiful weather this weekend, I did some power cleaning, went for a long motorcycle ride with dso and then went to work and ended up having to pull a 14 hour shift. OUCH! I feel like I just took three weeks off my recovery! I am spending the next two days doing absolutely nothing but laying down and resting. It is easy to forget that we need to take it easy on ourselves for a long time after our surgeries. Hopefully your advice will make other princesses stop and think before they end up feeling like I do right now!
Unread 03-17-2003, 06:50 AM

Toonces, you timed this thread perfectly! Beware the temptations of spring, ladies! I have a water garden in the back yard. The fish are coming out of hibernation and pond needs it's spring cleaning. It hit near 70 yesterday, I was feeling pretty good (4 weeks post-op), so I thought I could handle scooping leaves out of pond with the net. NOT! Did I listen to the moan my stomach released upon swirling that net down into the water? No. I knelt down, bent over the pond to scoop something out and ~ZAP~. Instant, major pain next to incision area. Hurt so bad I thought I'd ruptured something inside and it scared the daylights out of me. Came in, took pain meds, got out the heating pad and spent the rest of a beautiful afternoon on the couch. Much better today, thank the Lord, but that was a scary kind of pain and I won't risk it again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register