cystourethrocele | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cystourethrocele cystourethrocele

Unread 03-17-2003, 08:30 AM
cystourethrocele

I had a TAH last year and I have to have surgery April 11 for a cystourethrocele and I wanted to know a little about the procedure. I am going to have anterior repair vs anterior colporrhaphy and a pubo-vaginal sling procedure. Has anyone had this done and what is the revovery time? Also I wanted to know how long the stay is and what to expect as far as pain!!! I also was wondering after the anterior wall repair how was the sex life after that......
I have a lot of vaginal dryness my doctor says he thinks its due to my anterior wall thinning b/c excess air gets in there and the doctor thinks the dryness will get better after the surgery. Has anyone experianced this problem and if so what was the out come?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Welcome!

Hi, June! Welcome to HysterSisters! Hope you are finding some helpful info here. I didn't have any repairs done, but here is a link to a past thread talking about bladder slings: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...stourethrocele
Also, this link may be helpful: http://www.mybladdermd.com/glossary.htm

You also can go up to "search" in the upper right corner and type in any subject for other past threads. And if you haven't read all the pre op articles, click on "home" and look over to the left side of the page. There is a ton of info there to help you feel more prepared for your surgery and recovery. Feel free to ask any questions you have, and we'll try to find answers. We'll be here to walk with you on this journey. s and best wishes!
Ruthie
Unread 03-17-2003, 08:28 PM
Great Post op Instructions

Hi investaffer,

The hyperlink that you gave to June for referral, has the best Post Op rules I have seen yet, and I am 10 weeks. Wish I was told all of that before. I had TAH and ovaries, and a bladder burch. They tell you to give a good 12 weeks of taking it very easy, and then still be careful. Nobody told me that, I figured when I went back to work at 7 wks and by the 8th, I was ok, guess that is why I was now sent back to bed with pain in the 10th week! I had 2 surgeons, Gyn and Urologist, and neither emphasized that. I think it would be helpful if you could post that link somewhere else in Post Op, and inform the sisters that it is not only for the bladder surgeries. Good Luck, June.
http://www.mybladdermd.com/glossary.htm

Sandi :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2003, 09:24 PM
cystourethrocele

Ruthie,

Just wanted to send big s your way, I can see where some of the ladies have given great links. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I know from experience it can be disheartning sometimes to have to go back to the castle so remember all your rules and pamper yourself lots. Keep us posted!

ers for a speedy recovery and some resolution to these issues dear sister,
Lenee
Unread 03-17-2003, 10:40 PM
cystourethrocele

Hi June am I understanding that you are not having the sling, you are having the anterior repair instead? I had A&P repairs both, with my TVH/BSO last year. I also had a second surgery a couple of months later to remove a vaginal adhesion between the front and back walls... which is more like what I envision your anterior repair will feel like.

That second vaginal surgery was done as an outpatient procedure in the surgery center adjacent to the castle where I had my hyst. I was in and out in a few hours and then home for only a couple of days... then back to my regular routine. For anesthesia they just used lots of versed, so I was able to come out of it rather quickly afterwards. I needed no pain meds other than motrin once I got home. I had to use vaginal Premarin cream 3x a day for three weeks post op to speed healing and then was released for sex a couple of weeks later.

As far as sex after an anterior repair goes... that depends. Do you have a G-spot that you are aware of and can locate? If so, you might want to mention it to your surgeon, although I'm not sure it will make a difference. I didn't think to say anything, and it turns out the anterior incision ran right up through mine and eliminated it. When I told my DR at my six week checkup that I was missing my G-spot, she said she couldn't have identified it even if she'd known I was worried about it.

The good news is, as I get further post op (I am over a year now) I can feel the nerves slowly re-growing in the area and sensation is improving somewhat. I am still able to have the big 'O' vaginally but not quite as easily (yet).

About your vaginal dryness... I would consider hormonal causes before thinking it was coming from 'excess air getting in there'. Here's a link to a discussion about vaginal dryness for you to consider:

vaginal dryness

One thing you might try is to ask your DR for some vaginal estrogen to help with healing after your surgery... if the dryness problem is hormonal, the vaginal estrogen will make a big difference, and then you can go back to the DR for more to use in the longer term or consider some other form of estrogen. Just an

Good luck with your surgery, I'll look forward to getting to know you better!
s,
-Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register