~~Getting nervous~~ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

~~Getting nervous~~ ~~Getting nervous~~

Unread 03-18-2003, 06:46 AM
~~Getting nervous~~

I have my pre-op this morning on Thursdays surgery (details in signature).

You would think that by now, I would be a pro at this surgery thing, but nope!

It's been raining here for 3 weeks in Sunny Floida, and wouldn't you know now that surgery is drawing near it looks as if this gloom might lift and I'll be stuck in the house.

I've taken some of my own advice and called ahead and asked my doc to order a valium for me as soon as I walk in the door on Thursday morning, I can already tell I will need it.

I just needed to get my fears of my chest, thanks for listening. I'm off to the castle!

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2003, 07:08 AM
~~Getting nervous~~

s Dawn! Guess we never get use to the "surgery thing." Hoping all goes well and this brings an end to your pain! Your sisters are with you.
Unread 03-18-2003, 10:43 AM
No you don't get used to it!

I'm not at all surprised at your anxiety level. I had 3 surgeries in 5 mos. one being the hyst in between the other two, and each time Iwas really really anxious. In fact, i think a little worse with each one. I can so relate...in fact I'm likely looking at another soon....I will say a prayer for you that you are at peace (as much as possible!) for your castle visit. Please keep usposted...hang in there! Love, Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2003, 10:25 PM
~~Getting nervous~~

(((Dawn))), I hope your Pre Op went well... I don't blame you one bit for feeling nervous and anxious! But hopefully everything will go smoothly Thursday. I am counting on you to be back home and posting about how well it went to inspire me before I go in for mine next week! Lead the way, sister!
-Linda
Unread 03-18-2003, 10:31 PM
~~Getting nervous~~

Hi Dawn,

Good luck with your surgery. I know the anxiety you are feeling. I have had 4 surgeries and about to embark on 5 and 6 soon and I already have an anxiety disorder. Every surgery feels like the first and I, and all of the ladies can relate to the feeling..

I will keep you in my prayers and please let us know how your surgery goes as soon as you feel up to it..

Pam
Unread 03-19-2003, 01:46 AM
~~Getting nervous~~

Dawn
Heart goes out to you, girl. I Pray in Jesus name
that this surgery will go smoothly, and
you'll recover quickly without pain or complications.
Leigh
Unread 03-19-2003, 05:06 AM
~~Getting nervous~~

((((((((((Dawn)))))))))))))))

I'll be adding my prayers to sweetie that this one is THE ONE that ends it all!!!!!

And no the stress and anxiety don't go away no matter how many surgeries you have honey. So many of us know that well. Do you have anyone that might be able to post or send someone an e-mail that you are okay? If they send an e-mail to just one person that person could come and let us know how your doing sweetie....

I'll be thinking of you babe!!!!

Dawn
Unread 03-19-2003, 05:10 AM
~~Getting nervous~~

((((Dawn)))),
I dont think this is ever something we get used to I'm glad you called your Dr for something to help with the anxiety..pls know all your (((Sisters))) will be w/you in spirit..holding your hand all the way
Many good thots & prayers are being sent your way...(((hugs))))
Unread 03-19-2003, 09:43 AM
~~Getting nervous~~

((((((Dawn))))))

The others are SO right - the nervousness is something that never really goes away. I have had 9 surgeries total & boy was it bad with the last one (my hyst) !.
I'm praying that all goes well - everything will be fine
We are here for you - let us know how you are doing when you are up to it

Susan
Unread 03-19-2003, 10:44 AM
~~Getting nervous~~

Dawn,

Just saw your post, and totally related, you know from my panic attack- POST READ.... I'm a little freaked ladies...that I felt the same way. These ladies came through for me including you, I found that once I got to the castle I was dealing with it much better due to all the prayers and positive thoughts and suggestion. The sedative idea that you guys suggested was definitely a plus for the OR jitters I had and my experience at the castle was uneventful. So all those what-ifs were just a waste of time, we aren't in control anyway dear sister, so relax (easier said than done I know) and let God take control.

In my thoughts and ers, BIG s,
Lenee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register