Very Weird!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very Weird!!! Very Weird!!!

Unread 03-18-2003, 09:31 PM
Very Weird!!!

Hello again to all of my sisters..

Boy I am FULL of questions this week aren't I? No more school work and see what happens!!!

I may be just feeling things but I just got through going to the bathroom for the millionth time today and I had a BM and of course had to give birth to it as usual. Anyway, I felt a pop behind my belly button and when I felt inside, it felt very weird. I held my fingers on my stomach and beared down and felt something pop out right below my belly button.

I have had 3 laps and my navel has not been the same since the last one. He stitched up the inside but did not put any stitches to close the outside and I have a scar that I call my sideways cats eye. I have had pain behind it for a few months now and just thought it was because of the endo or adhesions.I dont know if it is normal or not. It is a little sore to touch now as well.

Hopefully I am just being a hypocondriac.. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? If not, we"ll just call it the Pam..

Thanks for the help!!

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2003, 10:07 PM
Very Weird!!!

Hi Pam

Hmm. I guess you *could* have a hernia. Your should be able to tell you for sure upon examination and it would be a good thing to know.

Sorry you're having problems!! I hope you get the bowels moving better. I know what it's like to have that problem and it's no fun. I have to be very aggressive about it right now, as I'm back on narcotics.

Joselle
Unread 03-18-2003, 10:39 PM
Very Weird!!!

Hi Joselle,

I would have the luck of a hernia. Hopefully it is just fat, as I have enough of it.. What do they do for a hernia? PLEASE tell me they do not have to cut me to fix it!! :cry:

Dont feel alone being back on narcotics. I have to take them every 6 hours or the pain from my back and abdomen can get very out of control and that is REALLY NOT fun to try to get it back under control.. I was on them for 6 months before my hyst and I can already see it happening again.

Thanks for the info...

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2003, 11:00 AM
Very Weird!!!

Pam,

If I had to guess I would say -hernia- too but I am not a DR so if you are concerned why not give yours a call?? Straining might even be the cause check out this past thread where SHERI has posted tons of info on hernias (she's about the third post down from original question).

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ghlight=hernia

Email me if you have any problems and I will try and get the info directly to you.

You are not hypochrondriac, you are a well informed women who knows her body and wants to stay healthy

Your DR should be able to dx this rather simply too.

Big s,
lenee
Unread 03-19-2003, 11:32 AM
Very Weird!!!

Pam,

Yep, sorry to say, they have to cut you to fix a hernia. And it really is important to know if you have one or not. Unless it's very small or very large there are risks you need to know about.

I had a large incisional hernia repaired four weeks ago and am doing fine. I personally found this surgery, although mine was fairly complex, to be much, much easier than my TAH/BSO two years ago.

Check out the information but don't try to diagnose yourself. See your doctor ASAP. OK? And get those bowels looser so you don't need to strain! Pronto!

Joselle
Unread 03-19-2003, 11:32 AM
Very Weird!!!

Don't be afraid of hernia surgery, if that's what it is. I had an umbilical hernia repair last May - it went fine. The surgery is about a half hour, leaves a scar less than one inch, and I really felt fine after two weeks (as opposed to recovered from the TVH). Went home with not much more than a bandaid.
Your doctor should be able to tell pretty easily (my doc could feel it and he was gentle). At least with a hernia it is pretty easy to find and easy to fix!
Unread 03-19-2003, 02:30 PM
Very Weird!!!

Thanks sisters!!

I have an appt tomorrow to see my PCM for more pain meds and a referral to the pain management clinic for epidural steroid injections in my back so I will definetly have her look at it tomorrow!!

She is going to flip when she sees my medical records now.:eyes: I have not seen her in over a month, and as you all know I have had ALOT happen in the last month.

At least if it is a hernia, it is not too big. Hopefully if it is, my Gyn can fix it when he does my lap..

Thanks for the info!!

Pam
Unread 03-19-2003, 07:40 PM
Very Weird!!!

I think that is a great idea Pam, I hope your appt goes well. Keep us posted!

Big s dear for a very strenuous month,

lenee
Unread 03-19-2003, 09:42 PM
Very Weird!!!

Thanks Lenee,

I will let you all know what the verdict is..

I just went to the bathroom and looked at my navel in the mirror (dont you love the ones that are right in front of you so you can see everything when you stand up?) and my navel hole looks deformed. Almost like it is closing up.

Hopefully she can tell me what it is tomorrow!!

I have looked at all of the websites (thanks Sheri for all of your hard work putting them together!!) and I know what to look for now and I am pretty sure it is a hernia. Not a biggie compared to the rest of the crap I am dealing with..

Thanks again!!

Pam
Unread 03-20-2003, 06:36 AM
Very Weird!!!

Pam,
I have a problem with a bulge on the side of my abdomen. I thought for sure it must be a hernia. It was kind of strange as some days it wasn't very noticeable, but others it was. Even the doctor thought it looked strange when I had him check it out. Lucky for me, it wasn't a hernia. Doc didn't and still doesn't have an explanation.

I'm glad you're going to have the check it out. Do let us know that the doc has to say. I will say a er that it is not anything serious.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register