pre-op jitters are gone, what worked for me | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pre-op jitters are gone, what worked for me pre-op jitters are gone, what worked for me

Unread 03-19-2003, 09:16 AM
pre-op jitters are gone, what worked for me

For those of you who are going nuts with worry you may want to try this, it worked for me. Put into words all those things that are nagging at you, making you worry, driving you to the edge of santity. Keep writing them down over and over again, digging deeper each and every time you write until you finally hit on what the real cause of your fear is. Now you have a name for that fear. It is no longer an unknown, you can let it go now. I was going crazy with worry. I couldn't sleep at night, I couldn't keep my mind on my work, I didn't know how I was going to make it until 4-23 when during an email to a friend I put a name to my fear and poof it was gone. I can now look at my future without fear, without worry and know to my very soul that everything will be fine. I hope you all can find the peace of mind that I have. My prayers are with you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2003, 09:39 AM

hi karen... what a great post..... you are so right ofcourse... generally we fear the unknown but normally it is far worse than we imagine.. i wish i had read this post 4 weeks ago... maybe i wouldn't have worried so much.... best wishes to you.... mary. xx
Unread 03-19-2003, 09:39 AM

Thanks for the idea. I was constantly asking myself how everything I did now would be after my hyst. I was even thinking (worrying) about it during sex. Finally I decided this is nuts, my life will not be that different, in fact I expect it to be better. (outlook determines outcome) Once I came to terms with my decision for my own piece of mind, I relaxed and feel better about everything. 34 days and counting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2003, 10:51 PM

What a great idea!
I was worried about dying or having a heart attack. Then I read that only 1% of hysterectomy's have this result. Ok, now I could give that up. I am still pretty nervous, and I just recommended drugs (valium) to Snookums. Wish I would've seen your post first. She's pretty nervous, too.
thanks for the thought

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register