Test Results In | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Test Results In Test Results In

Unread 03-19-2003, 04:15 PM
Test Results In

Well its offical I have a dud ovary. they have found a cyst on the one and only ovary. that explains the excuriating pain. They are going to schedule another ultrasound in another couple of months with the freak chance that it will have disappeared but he told me not to put hopes in that. that explains the menopause symtoms. We both know what is to come next. In regards to the left kidney. Due to the fact that I am on Topamax I am supose to be drinking lots but becasue of the damm GERD and the fact that they have not been able to get the medication approved yet I am still eating and drinking less than a bird. So I have to try and get more fluid in me to keep the kidney functioning better. I have lost more weight which the gyn is finally saying is not good and has to stop but I am unable to help at this point. Now to make matters worse the IBS D is in full swing he was amazed that I could go so many times in one day considering I couldn't go for so many weeks. I looked at him and chuckled and said thats what happens when you pull the cork it all comes running. I still have the nasty yeast infection and he has given me the one day pill now. The good news is I am allowed to ease back into work. I know they will be happy to hear that. Finally some money for us. My sick benifits was due to run out in two weeks. Its going to be tough I tire really easy but maybe this is what I need to give me some strengh and spirit back for the next go at the knife. Thanks for all your prayers and good thoughts. I suspect I will need your shoulders over the coming months.

Denise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2003, 05:46 PM
Test Results In

My thoughts and prayers are with you for all that lies ahead. Try your best to eat enough to gain some weight. I went into my surgery very underweight and bruised terrribly because of not having a layer of abdominal fat. My DR says that my belly will take a while to heal (it's very misshapen, hard as a rock and black and blue). I've also developed severe anemia, but am doing my best to eat and drink healthy things as much as I can. I start eating very, very small meals (like an orange, or some nuts which are high in protein and good fat, or a bowl of high fiber cereal) early in the morning and eat something every two hours or so. I take in a lot of fiber and iron and definitely feel stronger. I don't really have much of an appetite but know that I need to keep my body nourished. It helps me to walk around after I eat something. Keep taking good care of yourself...
LSN
SAH 2/26/03
Unread 03-19-2003, 06:04 PM
Test Results In

Hi Denise, I have followed your recovery and felt really bad with all your setbacks. I hope that going back to work will lift your spirits and that, in turn, will make you feel better. I have not had any significant recovery problems other than my ovaries are not working but I do have the need to have my body and my life back. I know in time, I will get there and so will you! So, good luck with everything!
Ginette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2003, 09:48 PM
Test Results In

Hi Denise

I'm sorry to hear there are more problems but glad to hear you know what you're dealing with.

I was wondering if it would make sense for you to drink one of those concentrated drinks like Ensure or something like that. At least then you'd be getting more nutrition with each sip. Just a thought.

Joselle
Unread 03-20-2003, 11:34 PM
Test Results In

(((((Denise)))))

I too have been following your story....I had a similar experience with my bowel for a while, thats what peaked my interrest to start reading your posts.

I am sooo sorry you have been having setbacks.

I hope all goes well when you can return to work too. I am sure it will help you feel better getting active again.

Know you are in my thoughts and prayers you will have much better days ahead.

z
Unread 03-21-2003, 05:41 AM
Hi Denise

Denise I to have followed your recovery and new pain. I am so sorry. I hope that you can get it all dealt with soon.
You need to eat though woman. It will help your body and mind. I know it is hard but think of it as a chore or job that has to be done everyday.

Good luck with returning to work. Don't push yourself to hard.

Take care

Katie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register