michele--can you answer this? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

michele--can you answer this? michele--can you answer this?

Unread 03-20-2003, 03:27 PM
michele--can you answer this?

Michele--
was that how they diagnosed the cystocele and rectocele? I feel some pressure down there usually at night and then that disappears after I go to the bathroom (bm) in the morning. I can't figure out why it is so different, as I have been checked a few times for a prolapse (but never standing up--would that make a difference?) Could you share with me if you don't mind how the prolapses were diagnosed? I am just so scared something is wrong because things don't feel quite right and everyone is acting like I am crazy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2003, 06:12 PM

:wave

I just wanted to pop in here and let you know that my cystocele was diagnosed standing up. It does make a difference if the prolapse is not far enough down to feel. When you lay down it tends to sort of fall to the back, standing lets gravity show it is there. I cant say that prolapse is the cause of your problems, but I would ask your Dr to examine you standing if you think that it feels like something is there when you are upright....

I hope this helps, and you are NOT crazy!!

Pam
Unread 03-20-2003, 06:52 PM

While my rectocele was diagnosed lying down, I've heard that, sometimes, the doctor needs to do an exam standing up. In some cases, I've seen that that wasn't enough: another test had to be done in order to finally rule out the possibility of a prolapse.

Hope this helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2003, 05:41 PM

I am not sure it this is one for me but I can tell you how I finally got my dx for rectocele. I asked my dr several times what this was and pointed to the area that was buldging out he said "looks normal to me" I was so frustrated taht I took my digital camera into the bathroom and took a couple pictures went back the dr and said "ok that is that normal" thak exam he asked me to bare down a couple times and then to cough 3 or 4 times then said that is a rectocele. I donot go to that dr anymore he knew that there was a rcetocele as it was inthe op reprot but would never fess up to it. I then went to a urologist and he dx me with the cystocle and urthera problem. So my best advise to you is to use a mirror when you are sitting down and look if what you see does not look normal to you take a pic. It was a little embarassing to bring the camera to the dr to show the pics but I still would have been told that it was normal. oh yea If your dr is shruging you off or you feel like he is find another one. I thought I was crazy and being a baby by asking and asking. The new dr's are very nice and are helping. Good luck I hope this helps

Michele

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register