I wish I had found this earlier | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I wish I had found this earlier I wish I had found this earlier

Unread 03-21-2003, 09:00 AM
I wish I had found this earlier

But alas, my surgery is March 31st, still have not decided whether to have a hysterectomy or not. I'm 44, large fibroid found, history of uterine cancer, no kids.

Even though I'm 44 I was still hoping for a baby, but I think that has been passed.

Lots of great information here. I'm glad I found it when I did even though I don't have much time to wait.

I'm definitely taking the advice that I've read and welcome any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2003, 09:08 AM

Hi. I'm terribly sorry that you have to go through this. My surgery is not until May or maybe June, but I have one large fibroid as well.

Please keep reading posts and posting your own questions. I am sure that you, as I have, will find several women who can relate to what you are going through. There was a post not long ago from a woman who wanted children as well but realized that having her own was not going to be an option for her. While she had accepted that, it was still difficult for her. Several people brought up the idea of adoption. There are so many children needing to be loved by someone who wants them.

Please continue to research your options in all aspects of your health. Post any questions you may have and these wonderful women have links to other sites with even more info.

In the end, do what is best for you. Being a Christian, I feel that prayer and faith help you as well. But, we all need that extra touch of support that we can find through shared experiences such as this site). Good luck to you in whatever you decide.

crickett283
Unread 03-22-2003, 05:36 AM

Hi Silver and welcome!

You say that you have your surgery date scheduled for 3/31 but have not yet decided to have a hysterectomy. If you would like to tell us what your surgery is for, you may get more responses from others who have had similar experiences.

If I'm reading your post wrong and you are actually scheduled for a hysterectomy, but are undecided whether to go through with it, then my best advise to you would be to get a second, or third opinion until you are comfortable and sure of your decision.

Having a hyst is a major surgery and you should be sure of your decision. You may want to check out another area of the HysterSisters boards called 'Options and Alternatives'. You can get there from the main page of the site (click the Princess logo at the top of the page) or by using the Forum Jump at the bottom of the page (choose 'Options and Alternatives' from the drop down menu and click GO).

I'm glad that you have found HS, and I hope that you will find information that will be helpful to you.

Best wishes and s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register