Hip Pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-21-2003, 09:43 AM
Hip Pain

Hello Sistahs,
I wanted to make a comment about the posts I've seen recently on hip pain. I think that problem could be related to osteopenia. This is a pre-osteoporosis condition that we all are susceptible to as a result of losing estrogen. A bone density test on your hip would be a good idea if you guys haven't already had one. I too have hip pain and my bone density test showed 79% of 100% bone strength. So that means, my bone density has diminished quite a bit in my hip area. And I can tell because it hurts frequently.....usually at night when I'm in bed. I take a calcium supplement that has glucosamine and condroin in it and it helps tremendously. Walking makes a big difference as well. It would be a good idea to start out with a bone density test first, tho, to see what the condition is. I'm told that bone density starts to drop off after age 30 and it really starts to diminish quickly once the estrogen production changes in pre-menopause and afterwards.

Any other comments from others who've experienced this ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2003, 11:39 PM
Hip Pain

zzzzlady:

Hi ! I dont know if this is the same kind of pain you have or not but I also have hip pain on the right side. It gets worse when I'm sitting & radiates down my leg. My Drs. are telling me its from the disc bulge in my spine pressing on the nerves. Do you have low back pain or leg pain ?
I also am taking a calcium supplement in addition to my multivitamin. SO important !!
I hope you find out what is causing your hip pain and can get it fixed easily Keep us updated, ok ?

's

Susan
Unread 03-22-2003, 08:32 AM
Hip Pain

I had lots of pain in my right hip, pre-hyst and, at the time, before they found the pesky fibroid, it was diagnosed as bursitis. However, it went away with the hyst and I just assumed that with the loss of the extreme water retention that was one of my problems, the bursitis just improved. With this post, I'm wondering if it wasn't due to a lack of estrogen? I know my hormones were extremely unbalanced back then

My pain was concentrated in my right hip and I don't remember it radiating. It would get worse when I layed down. Got to the point I had to get out of bed in order to shift position

I do hope the calcium supplements continue to help.

((((Susan))))) I do hope they find what's really causing this pain sooon. You sure need some relief, sweetie.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register