Images for those who are curious - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Images for those who are curious Images for those who are curious

Unread 03-22-2003, 09:28 PM
Images for those who are curious

Thank you for sharing this site. All I can say is thank God I had a TAH and not the TVagH! Gosh, that looked so much more painful!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2003, 10:37 PM

My doctor takes pictures and gives me copies! It is kind of gross, but interesting. My endo looked like cold sores! The pictures kind of give me a visual of what he tries to describe. It is easier to understand. And, once you see those cold sores on the uterus, you can understand the pain! The worst part is, my children think the pics are neat and try to show them to everyone that comes over!
Unread 03-22-2003, 11:05 PM

I want to look at the pics but I do have a very weak stomach. As a matter of fact today in the shower I was taking off my tape from my incision and I was on number 3 when I began to feel very faint. I had to turn on the cold water and open the shower door. I got myself out of the shower holding on to the door to sit down. I finally did get all 8 off but it wasn't easy. I think I'll show hubby the site before I look at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2003, 03:35 AM
I'm pre op

But I saw the link to that site a month or so ago in a post here...

After browsing around (nothing bothers me much) I made sure to call DH, DS (15) and DD (13) one at a time to look and read. I sat and explained. Because I was not grossed out, they were all OK with it. They did all reported feeling "fuzzy inside", but got through it.
What was great was the awe and respect for what I'll be going through.
If you can get your DH to take a look, I recommend it.
If you can handle it, watch the surgery channel sometime ... you'll see they are not very soft and gentle when you are out ... they are trying to get the job done efficiently and quickly to get you out of the OR and awake. You can see why we feel so bruised and sore after any operation ... and this is a BIGGIE for all of us!
Counting down the days.... (April 9th).
Susi
Unread 03-23-2003, 05:01 AM

Thank-you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My surgury is in 2 days and I've been searching the web for some visuals, but couldn't access any unless I was a medical dr. I also am weird like that. Very detailed person. I find it very fascinating. Maybe when I grow up, I'll look into becoming a dr.
Unread 03-23-2003, 05:18 AM
Yeeowza~no wonder my bowels hurt so bad post-op!

I chickened out looking at this when it was posted a few weeks back, but got bold this morning. Sure gives one a whole new perspective when viewing things from the surgeon's side!
Unread 03-23-2003, 12:23 PM
Oh Lord!!

Now, I understand clearly why the edges of my incision hurts sometimes, from those spreaders. Great pictures but not for those eyes who have not yet had the surgery yet. Thanks for the link! It really put things into perspective, I wish my husband was not so squeamish so I could show these to him, he would just plop to the floor immediately.
Unread 03-23-2003, 01:00 PM
Our 4 year old son thought it was way cool!

We looked at that site before we went to the pre-op with the doc, and our son proceeded to explain the surgery to the doctor! She was very impressed, especially when he pointed out the uterus on her anatomy chart, and he said "Now, just take THIS out, and leave all the other organs, okay?!"

HE asked her about whether she'd use staples and many other questions and took in all she said with great seriousness (as only a 4 year old can).

As we were leaving, he shook her hand, and said, "I've seen pictures of this operation on the computer. Please do as nice a job as they did!"

She promised, and kept her word.

It IS an interesting site. But, then, I'M one of those "I-want-to-know-everything-that-is-going-to-happen-to-me"-types, so didn't find it the least bit sensitive.

Leslie
Unread 02-17-2005, 09:36 AM

very interesting
Unread 02-17-2005, 08:10 PM

Thank you so much. I wondered about the surgery. TAH was on Jan. 21. I am 4 weeks post op and although I am recovering well, this will remind me of how serious this surgery was.
Just in case I think that I can do more than what the doctor ordered. I may have to go back to that website if I feel
like I can do more. This should be a good reminder for all of us. We start feeling good and we tend to forget what our bodies have been through. It is incredible the healing process that God has given our bodies.

God bless and great recovery to you all!
Alice

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register