Images for those who are curious - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Images for those who are curious Images for those who are curious

Unread 02-17-2005, 10:45 PM
Images for those who are curious

Yikes!! I only looked at the TAH photos. They didn't bother me as much as I thought. Probably because I've had my nightcap already. And also maybe because I saw a C-section on TLC earlier today.

Did someone say bruising? Oh dear! I bruise just thinking about about a bruise. I shall expect my entire abdomen to be one big bruise since I'm having a TAH.

We women are really some stuff beings!!

God bless my HysterSisters!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2005, 11:59 PM

Those were amazing images! Thank you for the link. I still don't understand though, to what my remaining ovary is sutured to now that my right one and my uterus are gone???? Hmmmmm. Anyone know?
Unread 02-18-2005, 06:02 AM

Oh How intersting. Thanks for posting. I can't wait to go see now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2005, 07:03 AM

Hi, I looked these up before I had my op - I was really glad I did, cos my TVH inc repair and TVT was done via local anaesthetic; and I might have wanted to watch, if I hadn't seen the pics. Once I had, I knew I didn't want to watch!

But it's great to know. I didn't think they were too graphic - I mean they aren't distressing in the sense of maybe seeing news reports of people dying in the Tsunami; and there was less blood than I thought.
H
Unread 02-18-2005, 07:53 AM

Thanks, weasel! Very, very interesting. I too needed to visualize what went on.
Unread 02-18-2005, 08:45 AM

It was neat to look at that stuff. My doctor actually gave me pictures of my LSH. He showed me where the endo was and my ovaries. They were just like those photos on the website, but it was neat that they were actually pictures of my own stuff.
Unread 02-18-2005, 08:52 AM

I went on that site BEFORE my surgery. Made my DH look at it so he would know why I was going to feel like I thought I would feel.
I have to say (and I hope it doesn't offend anyone)
The vaginal one reminds me of pulling the neck out of our Thanksgiving Turkey.
Unread 02-18-2005, 10:55 AM

Taxi1954: I laughed at your posting, because I thought the same thing!!
Unread 02-18-2005, 06:44 PM

I somehow think my uterus isn't going to let go. I've come to the conclusion that Mother Nature doesn't like me. Remember the old margarine commercial: It's not nice to fool Mother Nature. I got my Lupron shot on 2/14 and my period started 2/16. Go figure!! My body is acting like it never received the Lupron shot. I feel it laughing at me and thinking "You think you're doing something but have I got something for you". I'll be 52 years old this year and I think my body would know I'm too old for periods.

Anyway... I was thinking about asking for pictures of my removed innards. I think it would be harder to look at my own innards than someone else's. I think seeing my own innards would bring me more in touch with my mortality. I'm not sure I want that now. It was more fun thinking we're invincible than being faced with the issues we have on hand now.
Unread 02-18-2005, 07:46 PM

You know, I had wanted to know what would now be at the end of the "channel" now that my uterus and cervix are gone. Actually, DH had asked me. The pictures helped me to see that suturing takes place but I will ask doc for all the nitty gritty next week. I think we won't have our little appointment on Monday due to an impending snow but sooner or later he will get me in. Thanks for the website.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register