Images for those who are curious - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Images for those who are curious Images for those who are curious

Unread 02-20-2005, 09:01 AM
Images for those who are curious

Thanks for the link. I had a TVH on Dec 7, 2004. I couldn't figure out why I was not up & running 3 weeks after surgery. At 4 weeks, I felt much better. I had a TVH due to cervical cancer & a tumor on the right ovary. I went back to work 13 days after surgery which was too early. At 6 weeks after surgery, I went back to full duty (I work in the medical field). This web site is awesome & I wish I had found it prior to having surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2005, 12:50 PM

I wish the doc had taken pics of my op like some of your docs had done. That really would have been cool.
When I had my gallbladder taken out they gave me a video of it.----of course there is no voices so its kind of hard to imagine sometimes if you dont know your insides. But to me it was really cool.
I also have pics from a knee op I had.
Unread 02-21-2005, 06:28 AM

thanks for the link, it does put it in perspective.

I actually got photos from my doctor from my lap with my hysterectomy.

so I have a *nice* photo of my enlarged uterus-- it looks really bad to my eyes. My normal left ovary, my right ovary covered by a cyst and a normal appendix.

Heather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2005, 07:19 AM

Thank you!! I go in for my surgery tomorrow! I really had no idea of what they would do or how it would be done. I am now much more educated and will be more obedient with the rest orders post-op. You may have just saved a life!

Ramona
Unread 02-21-2005, 07:45 AM
very interesting

Hi, Just wanted to say thank you for putting this thread in. I had a hysterectomy in October 04 and am still having some problems with adhesions, and could not find any information about them on the web, at least no pic of them!!

I actually work for a large hospital in the UK, and work for the operating theatre, not in theatre , but for them. I have observed on a number of occasions, but not in the gynae theatre, so was very interested to see these shots of the ops.

Anyway thanks for that, hope you are feeling well, and that this thread will help everyone to understand what has happened to them.

Best wishes, Barbara aka Celtic Lady xxx
Unread 02-21-2005, 08:00 AM

I used those photos to show my daughter that thought I was having a "minor procedure" that would take a couple of hours and then I'd come home just like going to the dentist. I also showed them to my son who didn't know why I was angry with him for not coming around to help at the house. I even showed them to a friend that said at two weeks I should be doing more.

On the negative side...when I took the parts out of my Christmas turkey I almost threw up!!! It was the same kind of big open cavity!! and...I am a woman that has watched many post mordems on animals!!

I am almost eleven weeks out and still experiencing bladder and bowel issues and see those images when I think about what's going on down there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register