Best of luck to toolgrl (Dawn) - (March 25th) Dexa scan and Trans vaginal ultra - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Best of luck to toolgrl (Dawn) - (March 25th) Dexa scan and Trans vaginal ultra Best of luck to toolgrl (Dawn) - (March 25th) Dexa scan and Trans vaginal ultra

Unread 03-25-2003, 12:13 AM
Best of luck to toolgrl (Dawn) - (March 25th) Dexa scan and Trans vaginal ultra

((((((((Dawn))))))))

Dawn - I am soooo sorry that you are going thru more of this ! Big, big 's
I will be praying that everything turns out to be normal. You have been thru so much. Please let us know how everything goes, ok ?
BTW, I dont know what a Dexa scan is either ??

I'll be thinking of ya ! more 's

Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2003, 12:47 AM

(((Dawn))):

The Dexa scan is for menopausal osteoporosis, and is an x-ray technique just measuring bone density in hips and spine.

I do hope you can get some answers with the ultrasound, but we know how uncommunicative these ultrasound people are . I've not forgotten, BTW -- just too swamped lately (I promise to get back to you!).

Anyway, what I DO hope for is that the exam doesn't touch off any MORE pain, and starts to give you some answers.

The member who had radiation was Kathy500, and if I'm not mistaken, she posted recently and sounded pain-free . IF that's what this is (and of course I pray that it's not), the radiation sounds like a real option for you. I think she was in Florida, too...

s, Dawn. I've been thinking of you, just never on-site lately to actually read or write...you so deserve a respite!

Audrey
Unread 03-25-2003, 03:30 AM

Awwww shucks girls....

I'm getting to be a pro at this ain't I???? Yeah I know I thought I was a done deal to...but figured I'd try for that guiness book anyway.

Thanks so much for the well wishes....and thanks ((((Audrey))))) for explaining the DEXA to the ladies. From what I have researched it's a top of the line test for the osteo...we'er trying to figure out why I have so much pain in my bones. This I have a feeling is going to be a long process of elimanation for the doc's benifit. I have my own thoughts but hey...what do I know???? I'm just a patient right?

As far as the remnant goes.....I don't know what to think. I'm torn between hoping it's a remnant or adhesions. It's the same kind of pain. I had been really busy last week and forgot my HRT for a day or two...experimented with going without for another few more...and get this. No flashes...no sweats...no indication I wasn't taking my HRT. Could I have stored enough for a few days??? I don't think so. I know last month if I forgot to take my estradiol in the eve I would be sweating and awake all night. I sure hope I'm wrong and am over-reacting here.

Kim....yes it is possible for it to come back continuosly (sp off I know) that is one of the reasons my oncologist wanted to see me every six months. It's only been what now...4 months? sheesh

Joselle....Audrey explained the Dexa...and the remnant can be a terrible thing for me if it is back. I'm sorry to disagree with you there.. I can't handle another sugery if it is.

Imalith..... on the side trip to 7-11!!!!! Thanks for reminding me of the radiation!! I had forgotten that Kathy had had that done...it might be an option if it turns out it's back.

(((((Audrey))))) thanks for the added info!! on the Dexa and on Kathy....I'll have to get in touch with her if the ultra-sound shows anything. And I didn't think you had forgotten me..I know your one busy lady lately.

I'll post when I get back and let you all know if I was able to beat any answers from the tech who does it...

thanks for the hand holding girls...this is getting mighty depressing. But that's another post.

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2003, 07:00 AM

I know I'm late to the party, but big and best wishes!
Unread 03-25-2003, 08:33 AM

((( Dawn ))), I'm late too, but I wanted to add my hugs and that all will go well for you today.
S
Unread 03-26-2003, 03:11 PM

Good Luck Dawn.

Big HUGS from over the Pond

Jane

xxxxxxxxxx
Unread 03-27-2003, 01:09 PM

Dawn,

Hope all went well. Good grief, I certainly didn't mean it was OK if you had a remnant. I said the US wasn't so bad.

Joselle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register