Get this one... it's a beauty!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Get this one... it's a beauty!!! Get this one... it's a beauty!!!

Unread 03-23-2003, 02:20 PM
Get this one... it's a beauty!!!

So, I go to the gyn that took over for my old one who left to practice in Maine due to the malpractice rates he could no longer afford. I've been having terrible lower right quad pain(def. my ovary...I know the feeling all too well...) and I explained everything about what my pm Dr. has me on but that I KNOW I have something going on on the right side that is really painful even with pain management....he listens and says quote....you kept your cervix? Well that was REALLY stupid, why did you do that, so you could get cancer? We tell our patients if they want to keep their cervix, there's the door..we don't do that here..but what's done is done!. Then he proceeds to tell me that (after I told him I'm in pain 24/7) I'm going to get all "stung out" on drugs, and hat they should only be taken when really necessary and I'll go through withdrawal and blah blah (I stopped hearing anything he said). Well , I felt, how would you like to live in my shoes and not be able to get out of bed and function let alone care about living and take care of a family without pain management? My God....he was clueless. BUT he did the exam, and said , almost surprised....well your right ovary is really enlarged and I'd like to do a sonogram on Tues. He seemed concerned at that point, and realized I was not making the pain up...big surprise. Good God....what is with these Dr's? Oh, he also informed me that adhesions don't cause constant pain (I and DH got a MAJOR laugh over that one)!!! So, I'll go for the sono...only cuz I can get in so fast, and then I have an appt. with a well known Dr. in Manhattan...I say seeee ya to the other Dr! What do ya think of that kind of treatment...beauty eh? Love to all, Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2003, 03:18 PM

Hi there!

I am so sorry that you have had some bad experiences with some of the doctors you have seen. After you get the results of your test I think it would be a good idea to get another opinion and find a doctor that you feel confident in. Hopefully they will get to the bottom of what is causing your problems and come up with a pain management plan that will be helpful. Every patient has the right to proper medical care given with care and compassion.

I am sending many s your way!
Unread 03-23-2003, 03:25 PM

Good grief! How unproffesional!! That sounds like one of those know-it-alls who needs to be in control. I'm glad you're going to have the US and I'm even more glad to hear you're going to take those results and find somebody else to help you out.

Yes, that was a good one. Well good for a laugh, but think about his other patients!!

Joselle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2003, 04:21 PM

((((Cathy))))),
I'm soo sorry to hear how you were treated So does this Dr want to take you off your Pain meds? I hope not...pls take in some info from here on Pain Mgmt, also remind him you have rights as a Pain Patient to have your pain treated! Good Luck with your Sonogram
If your not comfortable with this Dr, there are sites that list *Good* Pain Drs that are certified in Pain Mgmt.....pls keep us posted.....(((hugs)))
Unread 03-23-2003, 05:38 PM
Not problem...

Thanks Sheri, no this Dr. has nothing to do with my Pain Mgmnt Dr. So he has nooooooo say. My pm Dr. feels that no surgery is the way to gofor me...he will not change my pain meds...thank God. He (my pm Dr) is really good. My "new" gyn has nothing to dowith him, and I will continue on with him and am comfortable thanfully. I will have the sono, and then go from there...if it does not look cancerous...I don't think there will be any surgery, as you know.. what's the point? More adhesions? etc....we all know the drill! Thank you all for your support...Love ya, Cathy
Unread 03-24-2003, 05:45 AM

{{{Cathy}}}
I'm sorry you had such a trying day at the doctor's office. I really wish that some of these docs would have to walk a mile in our shoes!

Good luck on the sonogram. You will be in my ers.
Unread 03-24-2003, 11:15 AM

Hi Tickles,

That doc sounds like such a JERK! Can you report him to the local hospital he is affiliated with once the dust blows over? I had a similar experience with a doctor a few years back and am still upset about it. Sometimes these jerky doctors need to be reported, because it is likely that this physician is probably disliked to begin with by his peers/office staff if that is the way he behaves. I work in the medical profession and believe it or not, it makes a difference when patients speak up. Hospital management does not like negative feedback from the community and patients, they really do listen.

A few years back, this particular doctore make me feel so humiliated, I can't even begin to tell you and I never did anything about it. That was at a large famous medical center north of Boston where people fly into from all over the county. I still might do something about it.

Good luck, I hope you get some answers and relief!

Nel
Unread 03-24-2003, 12:01 PM

Tickles,
I just wanted to share my prima donna dr. experience. I initially told my Internal Medicine dr. about my heavy periods, he sent me to gyn. I work in healthcare so I asked around who I should go to and went to the dr. recommended to me. He started me on BCP without even doing an exam! I took them for 3 months without any relief, went back and he started me on daily oral provera, this time did a pelvic. He told me I wasn't a candidate for any surgical procedures and I may have to decide which is worse, heavy periods or "a little bleeding everyday" from the provera. I took the provera for 2 weeks and bled constantly the whole month of October, developed high blood pressure, constant headache and what I call "mush brain". I couldn't concentrate long enough to do even simple tasks like make a meal, etc. I called his office, he was unavailable, I called my Internal Medicine dr., he was unavailable and his nurse was extremely rude. I filed a formal complaint on the nurse. I could not get either dr. to call me back or get an appointment so I decided to seek a second opinion. The second dr. was wonderful. She told me since I had failed two hormone therapies, we should move towards surgical intervention. She agreed with the first gyn about ablation therapy, but told me if I wanted a hyst, all I had to do is tell her "I want a hyst" I guess what I am trying to say is you are on the right track seeking a second opinion and I wish you better luck with the next dr.
Unread 03-24-2003, 01:36 PM
Thank you all for your support...

I actually wasn't even upset because it was so ludicrous it was actually laughable. I go for the sono tommorow at 2:15pm and we'll see. He did not say it felt like a cyst(usually they can tell by feeling) so that's the only thing that concerns me. If anything looks odd, I will head straight toa gyn/onc. just in case. I personally think the adhesions are mangling it...you know when you can tell that adhesion feeling, I know i do. Each time I told my previous Dr. that I knew it was adhesions, he got in there and it was. He was actually floored at how fast they came back...we shall see. Thanks to all and I'll let you know how it goes...Love, Cathy
Unread 03-25-2003, 12:58 AM

((((((Cathy))))))

I'm sorry that you had to endure that Drs. rude treatment :burning:
I'm glad you decided to have the US - thats good you are getting it done so quickly. I hope & pray that its easily fixed, whatever it might be
Let us know what happens - hang in there girl - remember- we're here for ya ! 's

Susan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register