chest pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-23-2003, 06:08 PM
chest pain?

Hi, here I am again with yet more questions.

I am wondering if I did a stupid thing so please tell me if I did!

Been on estradiol 2mg for a week now (just had oopherectomy - hyst was 2001)

Well I am getting hot flashes and night sweats and feel tired and weepy by mid afternoon each day. Yesterday I was passing the pharmacy and found a "combination natural nutritional support menopause relief complex".

It contains: Black Cohosh, Dong Quai, Wild Yam, Sarsaparilla, Siberian Ginseng, St.Johns Wort, Sage, Ginger.

Dose is 4 per day, I took 2.

Last night I had the worst night sweats ALL night and today I have had chest pains since I woke up.

Just to complicate matters further I had to see my GP this morning and he thinks I have a hematoma under the lap incision which may be infected so put me on amoxycillin. (can't wait for the pukies and yeast to kick in from that LOL).

I didn't tell him about the chest pains. To be honest I kept thinking it was maybe from stress and worrying about the incision pain so I thought they'd go away, but they have not. (plus I am loathe to mention any more problems as he will think I am totally nutso).

Is chest pain a side effect of estradiol that could appear after a week? Is it because I took the other stuff on top of the hrt??? Or am I really just going nuts?

thanks for any insights!

Steph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2003, 06:34 PM
Hi Hon

you could be having an allergic reaction to one of the herbs in the lot. so I would discontinue it at once.

consult your doctor before taking anything else ok?!

Hope you are feeling better

rincess: Betsy
Unread 03-23-2003, 06:53 PM
chest pain?

Steph:

I would call your doctor back ASAP. I don't know exactly when you had your surgery, but chest pain can also be a sign of blood clot, which is a risk after abdominal surgery.

It is also possible that something in the oral preparation you took really irritated your stomach, causing heartburn and chest pain, but since chest pain (especially if there is any shortness of breath, fever, redness and/or swelling of legs) can be something serious, a call into the doctor is in order.

Good luck, and hope you're on the mend soon!

Audrey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2003, 10:53 PM
chest pain?

Steph I agree with (((Audrey))), you need to call your DR ASAP about any chest pains. That is not a normal reaction to estradiol at all. It could be something as harmless as indigestion or gas, but it could also be something much more serious. Please call right away, and let us know what you find out, OK?

-Linda
Unread 03-23-2003, 11:15 PM
chest pain?

thank you so much for your replies, I think I needed reassurance that I was not going to be totally wasting docs time. I did call and he got me to go in again - lucky its only a 2 minute walk to my docs!

He did an EKG which was fine, yay. He thinks it is probably gas from the op trapped under the diaphragm. He did say I should be the expert on how that feels after 5 laps LOL. So now I feel like a bit of a goof!

It seems a long time after the op for gas to me - 10 days - in the past those pains were more in my shoulders and gone in a few days. But he also said this infection in the abdomen could make any pain worse. He wants me to call him tomorow and see him again in a few days.

The main thing is I went and he was lovely as he always is and said I was right to go see him and now I am not sitting here thinking I am about to croak!

Now I can just deal with the infection and concentrate on getting well.

thanks - you are all stars

Steph
Unread 03-23-2003, 11:16 PM
chest pain?

Hi Steph..

The girls are RIGHT!! Believe me, I should know I recently had a blod clot and chest pain was a symptom of it. I also had alot of swelling in my ankle and leg and it was sore to touch, but clots can cause 1, 2 or all of the symptoms .

PLEASE stop what you are taking and make a appt. If you start getting short of breath or have any of the above symptoms, get to the ER ASAP!!!!! And please have someone you as I passed out from it. Dont feel like you are nuts, clots are life threatning.

Take care of yourself and please keep us all posted!!

Unread 03-23-2003, 11:36 PM
chest pain?

thanks (((Pam)))) we must have posted at the same time and crossed in space!

As you'll see from my previous reply I probably was being nuts and am going to be fine - doc said so and he must be right huh?

I do hope you are doing better now and taking good care of yourself.
love
Steph
Unread 03-24-2003, 07:31 AM
chest pain?

YEP, we must have posted at the same time!!

I am so glad you went in and saw him. I hope Idid not scare you with my post regarding blod clots.

I have also had chest pain after being blown up with the CO2. It is very painful and you can feel like you are having a heart attack. Thank goodness it is just the gas and not something more serious..

I am hanging in there playing the waiting game once again, but this board helps more than I ever dreamed. These ladies have gotten me through my worst moments so far and I know there is somewhere in this world where there are people that DO care and totally understand what I am going through..

Take care and I hope you are feeling better today!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register