boo hoo - surgery again! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

boo hoo - surgery again! boo hoo - surgery again!

Unread 04-10-2003, 07:52 AM
boo hoo - surgery again!

Monica - thanks for thinking about me. Surgery went okay, though a bit chaotic. The pain from the uppermost of the incisions is pretty fierce, but otherwise unremarkable. Doctor looked at my liver lesions and decided they look benign for now but I will have a cat or mri every 6 months. He unfortunately found a suspicious nodule on my diaphragm went he went in which concerns him. It went off to pathology, hopefully it's nothing. I've never heard of a nodule on a diaphragm, but we may as well keep it interesting, huh? lol Did you find yourself with a lot less support the second surgery? That's really frustrating! And a bit sad - but, you guys are here and that helps.

Angie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2003, 10:21 AM
boo hoo - surgery again!

Hi Angie, I'm glad your surgery went ok. I had my gallbladder removed two weeks ago. All in all it went great but the post op pain was more than I bargined for. Everyone was saying what a piece of cake the surgery is but I really hurt for a couple of days. I feel great now tho! Good luck on the pathology report, I you recieve good news! Take care, Kathyanne
Unread 07-05-2004, 08:29 AM
Re: boo hoo - surgery again!

HI ANGIE,
IVE HAD A GALL BLADDER SURGERY, AND NOW IM GETTING READY TO HAVE A FULLTOMMY HYSTERECTOMY IN TWO WEEKS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2004, 01:55 PM
boo hoo - surgery again!

I have not been on this site in a few weeks, but I saw this and had to read and respond. I am having my gallbladder out on
07-19-04 because of the pain, heartburn, belching etc but I test negative on all test done, endoscopy, Hida Scan, ultra sound, Cat Scan, and blood work and I was hoping to find something new from someone on this site.

I realize this post is old, but it must be a sign that I am doing the right thing.

Ten bucks says the doctor will find adhesions from my TAH/BSO and or endo.

I will keep everyone posted if the surgery freed me of my pain.

Thanks for the sign!
Unread 07-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Re: Re: boo hoo - surgery again!

I AM SO NEW TO THIS WEB SITE AND I DON'T QUITE KNOW HOW THIS WORKS! MY ALL BLADDER SURGERY WAS SUPPOSE TO BE ONE HOUR LONG, BUT THERE WERE COMPLICATIONS DURING SURGERY . IT TOOK 7 HOURS . I HAD FRIENDS THAT HAD THE SAME SURGERY AND CAME OUT WITH FLYING COLORS. THEY WERE UP AND GOING IN A WEEK. I GUESS IT JUST DEPENDS IF THERE IS COMPLICATIONS OR NOT. THERE ARE ALOT EASIER WAYS NOW THAT THE DOCTORS DO THAT YOUR NOT IN MUCH PAIN, ITS NOT LIKE WHEN I HAD IT. IF YOU CAN HANDLE A HYSTERECTOMY THIS SURGERY SHOULD BE EASIER FOR YOU! I HAD A VERY BAD GALL BLADDER, BECAUSE I WAITED TO LONG TO HAVE THE SURGERY. I GUESS I WAS TOO SCARED TO HAVE THE SURGERY. NOW I KNOW TO HAVE SURGERY INSTEAD OF PUTTING IT OFF. HANG IN THERE.
Unread 07-07-2004, 02:47 PM
boo hoo - surgery again!

All of my surgeries started with having my gallbladder removed May 2003, then my body just started falling apart..LOL
I hope your path report turns out okay. You will be in my prayers

Monti----Just like you all of my tests came back negative. I had the CT, the MRCP, the EGD, two HIDA scans--all neg, but still had the symptoms of pain after eating. My GI doc told me that I probably had a problem with my sphincter of Odi that is located in your bowel. If it stays constricted, everything can back up including your gallbladder which actually causes all the symptoms.
So---remove the gallbladder and all better. When they did remove it, it did show that I had previous gall bladder infectous activity, so you never know. good luck to you as well.
Unread 07-07-2004, 06:56 PM
boo hoo - surgery again!

Marian,

Thank you for the report. I too hope removing the gallbladder helps. I think it will but one never knows. Because of the severe pain that I experience most days, I am so ready for any kind of surgery; however, it would be great for just one time to know exactly what is wrong with you before the surgery.

I will post on the web-site once I get home from surgery which will be sometime after 07-20-04.

Thanks again!
Unread 07-08-2004, 06:37 AM
so sorry

hi angie,
sorry to hear about all of your problems... i too have alot of pain 7 months later i thought all was over yeah right i am schduled for a ultra sound and another lap. the end of august .. they think my bladder might need to be Slinged? what is that? does it sound like it is?
well take care and i hope your liver is ok.. i noticed you too had endo,fibroids and ayndomyosis.. me too... ***** huh?
try to keep a positive attidude!! Lynn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register