v dot and weight gain/loss | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

v dot and weight gain/loss v dot and weight gain/loss

Unread 03-24-2003, 10:09 AM
v dot and weight gain/loss

since last may when they put me on depo before surgery i gained about 15 pounds. thought with the surgery i'd almost automatically loose it, i've stayed the same, haven't gained, doc had me on v-dot .05 estrogen, wondered if i could get by without it do you think i'd be able to loose easier? or would it be harder? i've been off about 5 days now and don't seem to be having any reactions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2003, 12:51 PM

I found that initially after my surgery weight loss was next to impossible. While I didn't gain, the extra pounds just wouldn't budge. Than after some time I was able to shed a few pounds and they would come right back. Once my body settled down I was able to shed those extra pounds and they haven't come back.

I do think that our bodies go thru a major change after this surgery and it takes awhile for everything to settle down. One thing I did notice is that it is more difficult for me to lose the weight now. I have to be a bit more diligent in my food choices. But than again, I often remind myself that I'm not 20 anymore. So that could be a symptom more of my age than of the surgery.

There's a good article on weight and hrt here www.hormonejungle.com/weight.php You can also visit the ladies in the Hysterritaville forums. The ladies there are trying to shed weight thru healthier eating and exercise. They may some helpful hints and tips to share with you. https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...s=&forumid=112

Unread 03-24-2003, 01:04 PM

from what i got from the article is that i'm better off sticking with the hrt, that it might keep the budda belly from getting out of control?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register