Cold knife cone biopsy this Friday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cold knife cone biopsy this Friday Cold knife cone biopsy this Friday

Unread 03-25-2003, 06:14 PM
Cold Knife Cone Biopsy for Friday

I am going with the cold knife cone biopsy this Friday. Preop tomorrow. Even if all goes well with the margins I may do elective hysto this summer?? I would really like more tests done. Have any of you requested further "non-invasive" testing to be done, like sonograms, blood test, etc? Do you know of any others?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2003, 06:30 PM
I asked for (and got) several tests after

my cone biopsy. I was so terrified it spread and they missed something that I asked for a chest x-ray (I had trouble breathing--just bronchitis), pelvic CT, and several U/S. I doubt any of them were necessary, but I have a wonderful GP who ordered them for my peace of mind. My husband seems to think I'm a hypochondriac but I don't care if it'll give me peace of mind.

Good luck to you on Friday. I'm having a hysterectomy on Thursday because my last pap showed atypical glandular cells. I just want this over and done and gone forever, plus my oncologist recommended this course of action if I ever had another abnormal pap (In Dec. 2000, I had a cone biopsy for adenocarcinom-in-situ with clear margins).

Marya
Unread 03-26-2003, 04:07 PM
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow...

(((Marya))),

I am sorry to hear of your recurrance. I can relate to your wanting it over and done with and gone! Good luck tomorrow. I'm sending peaceful thoughts your way and wishing you a quick uneventful recovery.

Thank you for your input. A neighbor of mine has annual pelvic sonograms done with her own $, for a piece&peace of mind. There is a lot to be said for a peace of mind.

I am feeling less "neurotic" as we get closer to the surgery date. I am actually more concerned about going under than the surgery for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2003, 11:50 AM
Cold knife cone biopsy this Friday

I had a cone done in Dec that came back CIS with clear margins. Dr. said I didn't need a hyster, he removed the bad cells. I insisted anyway. I had a TAH/BSO on Jan 31 and so glad I was aggressive. It turned out that the pap did not get all of it and I also had adenocarcinoma that we did not know about.
I say to follow your instincts.
I am 8 weeks (2 no-period months) post op and feel great.
My only downfalls right now are hot flashes, brain fog, and tire more easily. I think the latter 2 are from anesthesia.
Best Wishes to you.
Kathy
Unread 03-28-2003, 01:55 AM
Cone Biopsy

Hugs to all - I just wanted to let you know that I had a cone byopsy about 15 years ago for carcinoma insitu. I too was affraid that they wouldn't get it all but I was really yound at the time and didn't have children yet. I waited and continued to have paps every 4 months for about 2 years. Then I had them every 6 months for another couple of years. I had my dd and was fine for a number of years. About a 1 1/2 years ago I began to have atypical paps again. I found out then that I have the HPV virus, not the really bad one, but still HPV. I have had several minor surgeries to slough these cells off but after a bit they seem to grow back. In september I began having my period all the time. My Dr. put me on birth control to lessen the flow which helped but I continue to bleed a little bit every day. My Dr. doesn't think the two are related but that they are separate issues. Still, I am worried. I am scheduled for a TAH May 12. I guess my point is that you could still continue to have normal paps after your biopsy. I did for a number of years and I truly think I was ok. But you should be tested for that virus (HPV) if you haven't already. If you Do end up having it, chances are you will continue to have abnormal paps that could turn out cancerous. My Dr. told me that there are forms of this virus that are very invasive and some forms that just cause warts. If you test positive they will be able to tell you which kind you have. It was actually a relief to me to know I had it. It helped me make the decision to have the TAH.I know you feel really confused about the decision you have to make right now. It is a tough one. This is a great site to ask questions. The girls here have helped me so much. Once I made my final decision, which took a while, I felt so much better. I hope you feel better soon too!

Hugs, val
Unread 03-28-2003, 03:47 AM
Cold knife cone biopsy this Friday

I had vaginal warts removed about 15 years ago with cryrosurgery. I have had mostly normal PAPs. In 1999 I had an abnormal, followed by a normal biopsy. This Feb, had an abnormal followed by abnormal biopsy showing adinocarcinoma in situ (cervical and endocervical), my Gyn also requested an HPV test which came back positive. I do not know which HPV it is, but I'm going in for the cone because of the AIS.

I'm heading in. Thank you all for keeping updates.

Love & Hugs to all of you, thanks for your inputs, positive thoughts and prayers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register