Can I just have a hug? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can I just have a hug? Can I just have a hug?

Unread 03-25-2003, 11:07 PM
Can I just have a hug?

I am getting to "that time of the month" and I am starting to really hurt again and I hate playing this waiting game.......the game where you try everything else to rule out all kinds of things only to find out that your real problem is what you thought it was in the first place! Do I make sence????? Just a little over 2 weeks til I see my urologist and I pray that he has some sort of compassion for me and sends me back to my gyn where I know I need to go!

I thought when I had my hysterectomy that I would feel all better. Even not having my periods don't seem to be a big enough plus for me because even though I don't have to deal with the bleeding anymore, I still have to deal with all the pain, pimples, sore breasts, out of control eating and mood swings! I hate it!

Maybe if he just would have taken my ovaries out while he was in there, I'd feel better???? But then there'd be HRT.......and who knows how that would go!

I just need a big hug and some understanding, sympathetic words
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2003, 11:41 PM
Can I just have a hug?

I can do better than that, here's two ,

I'm sorry you aren't feeling yourself tonight, I really hope you find some resolution from your URO and help from your GYN.

I totally understand the--- is it this ____? or is it just this PMS time? I know it is hard to realize what' s up cause once I started I knew why I had felt so bad but now that I have no true "sign" I have to play it by ear and second guess what I think my body is up too. You are right though, you could be in the jungle and sorting out all this stuff and maybe even more extreme?

Here's another there are many more out there once the ladies arise. Please get some and take care. Keep us posted with the upcoming appt. too!

lenee
Unread 03-26-2003, 12:06 AM
Oh Sweetie!

's

Im sorry that you are having such a hard time hun. I sure hope things get better really soon for you. Breaks my heart when my sisters on here are hurting or upset or anything. Please keep us informed of what your DRs says.

And yes youcan have all the 's you want !!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2003, 12:31 AM
Can I just have a hug?

Aw, (((((Pasdechat))))), of course you can have as many s as you need. We all need them sometimes.

You're right, there are always the "what if's". I'm on the other side, I had my ovaries removed, and every once in a while (usually when I'm scraping the gunk off my hip while changing patches) I wonder what it would have been like if I had kept them. In my case, I've made peace with my decision so the "what if's" are really just an exercise rather than serious wishful thinking. It sounds to me like you haven't yet gotten to where you feel in your heart that you did the best thing.

What do you need to be able to let go of whatever uncertainty you still have about that decision? Or do you (with your DR) need to revisit the issue? I wonder. Of course we are here to support you through this, you can count on it!

I hope you're able to get some tonight... things always look better in the morning. Plus as (((lenee))) said, there will be plenty more hugs when the sun rises on a new day.

-Linda
Unread 03-26-2003, 06:10 AM
Can I just have a hug?

(((((((((((((((Pasdechat)))))))))))))))))))))))
Please know we are always here for you I'm soo sorry you are going thru this...I still have the *what-if's* too, I think it's a natural response
Hang in there my friend...((hugs))
Unread 03-26-2003, 07:06 AM
Can I just have a hug?

I am sorry you are feeling so bad. I am there to my sister as I am sure you know!!

I just wanted to send you a little something to let you know I care!!

Pam
Unread 03-26-2003, 07:46 AM
Can I just have a hug?

I too wanted to drop in here to send you many S

I hope and pray you get some answers...and know that your sisters are always here for you.
Unread 03-26-2003, 09:42 AM
Can I just have a hug?

Thank you so much ladies

What a nice way to wake up in the morning....it beats how I really woke up....My husband and I are both on vacation this week and I am still the one getting up every morning to get our sonm ready for school(we have 3 others too, so it's a challenge doing it alone). I was soooooo tired this morning, so I said to him "in 10 minutes let's get up and do a little team work", his response was "I'm NOT getting up in 10 minutes". I went on to tell him how even though we're both on vacation, I haven't said a word and I have gotten up each morning to get the kids ready for the day. He then told me how he has been helping. I said "yeah, you've been sleeping until 8:00 and then you get up just in time to walk out the door to take our son to school". That's his idea of helping? Getting himself up an hour past me to get dressed and drive the 7 minutes to our son's school???? I didn't even tell him that I felt like my insides(in my pelvic area) were feeling like someone was yanking on them! I didn't tell him that my IC was flaring up like it does every morning after having a full bladder all night. It just made me so mad that he was so rude to me!

My point is....I needed these loving hugs when I didn't get them from my husband this morning. Thank you You are the best....all of you!
Unread 03-26-2003, 09:48 AM
Can I just have a hug?

I hear ya and fully sympathize. I almost wound up in the urologist's office myself. May God bless my gyn for sparing me the additional poking and prodding by solving the problem himself.

I hope you receive the answers that you need to help you feel better soon, no matter which doc it is that ultimately winds up helping you.

Here's some good news ..... I am meeting a new family practice doctor today. We have had a hard time holding on to pedis and family practice doctors (sell their practice, leave town, etc ... hey, I am starting to think it's me ). This new one has e-mail, personally reads it and personally responds .... which is great for me. Not crazy so far about his staff, but I think he is going to be just what this patient ordered.
Unread 03-26-2003, 10:36 AM
Can I just have a hug?

{{{pasdechat}}}
We always keep extra s around here. They are much needed when you are travelling this place we call The Road.

I'm sorry things are more difficult for you right now. I will that the uro doc will have some answers and solutions.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register