Can I just have a hug? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can I just have a hug? Can I just have a hug?

Unread 03-26-2003, 10:54 AM
Pasdechat..........

Oh Sweetie......Big huge 's for you. Gee, you and I have been traveling this "Road" for a long time together haven't we? I'm so sorry that you are still feeling poorly, I hope that you are able to find some answers soon. Keep your chin up and keep looking. Your answers are out there somewhere. I wish your DH were more supportive too!

We you. Take care of yourself and keep in touch and let us know how you are. More 's for you! Try to take time out for you and enjoy your vacation.
Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2003, 11:09 AM
Can I just have a hug?

(((Pasdechat))) I'm so sorry your DH is being a little self centered about "his" vacation... I think I would be tempted tomorrow to somehow be so tired that you don't hear the alarm .
s,
-Linda
Unread 03-26-2003, 04:05 PM
Hugs to you!

(((Pasdechat)))

I kept my "o's", too and am beginning to wonder if it was a mistake. It seemed pretty senseless at the time to remove healthy (?) tissue but now I wonder if they are going bonkers because their uterus friend moved out. I feel like a Jungle dweller anyway because my hormones have been packing their bags for the monthly trip down Looney Lane. I have an appt with a new gyn tomorrow and am hopeful that she can help. Sometimes I wonder if it's prostaglandins causing the problems. Maybe it's endo--who knows???

It's not easy--you'd wish the doctors would find something so you know you're not nuts, but on the other hand you don't want them to find anything at all.

In the mean time, I will keep you company on the Road. Come on over to my house & we can rant & cry and eat Ben & Jerry's together. Suferbabe's solution for your DH sounds good!

Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2003, 05:03 PM
Can I just have a hug?

Thank you to everyone who responded after my last post Like I said...you're the best!

ChurchieD....you said it all so well! That's just how I feel!

As for DH, he ended up getting out of bed to help AND he apologized for being so selfish....but STILL! I wish he wouldn't have acted that way in the first place, you know?!! Oh well. Men! You can't live with 'em, you can't live without 'em! I will never understand them though

Thanks again everyone for helping me feel better.....if not physically, emotionally I feel alot better just knowing you are here for me!
Unread 03-26-2003, 05:15 PM
((((((( Pasdechat ))))))))

I know exactly about this dh thing.... I put my foot down and said, you do this day, and I do this day. Fair is fair. Now on the weekends, we each take a turn, one sleeps in on Sat and the other on Sun. It took me 7 years to get there.... Sometime's it's hard, especially if you are not feeling good to begin with....

's to you, and I hope you get the relief you seek....
Unread 03-26-2003, 06:13 PM
{{{{{ Pasdechat }}}}}

I just read your post....I'm sorry you had such a bad day 's..

Stress is definetly a precursor for IC flare-ups... I know how that feels...

I hope that by the time the next rises you will find a better day in store for you!!

I'm sending a great big to your right now!! Did you get it?

Lori
Unread 03-26-2003, 10:57 PM
Can I just have a hug?

((((((Pasdechat))))))

I always have plenty of those to give out !! : )
I know how that IC stuff goes - those flares are just awful. And then I have my groin pain & all the other problems.........
Enough about me - I hope you are feeling better by now. And those men - sometimes you wanna give em a good swift.......... Well, I better not go there, LOL.
We are always here for you - whenever you need to vent.
Take care !

Susan
Unread 03-27-2003, 09:58 AM
Can I just have a hug?

Oh ladies, this morning is even worse! I wake up every morning in pain.......my bladder hurts so bad after being full all night and I also have this horrible "pulling" pain where my ovaries are......it just stops me in my tracks and doubles me over!

Anyway, I thought after yesterday my husband would just get up with me to get the kids ready. He didn't. He says he didn't even realize I got up.....maybe that's true, but then he still didn't get up for a few minutes. I am so tired of telling him how much pain I'm in......people can only stand so much of that talk, you know. So, I wrote my husband a letter explaining to him how crazy this pain is making me and how I just need 1 morning where I can sleep in....just 1. His response was "I told you you could sleep in tomorrow". I guess my whole point of the letter was to pour my heart out to him and make hime truly understand how much pain I am in and how crazy it is making me and to make him understand that I just can't keep going all the time like I do. He missed the point. He immediately got defensive I told him I thought that letter would make him come give me a big hug.....I honestly didn't say anything in the letter to make him feel like I was "attacking" him, but I guess he took it that way. He ended up giving me a hug, but it's those first responses that make me feel so bad.

Unread 03-27-2003, 02:56 PM
Sometimes they just dont get it.

I have come to the conclusion that they just don't get it. Awww I'm so sorry you are having to feel this way... I know exactly how you feel. It is tough and draining to be in pain, and still be expected to be the "all" for everyone. If sleeping in is not an option for you, go to bed early... Flat out tell him you are going to bed and go. Shut the door and don't worry about what he does or does not do. He will have to address the kids eventually. I often write letters when I can't verbally express myself... But I believe men just don't get it. They focus in on one thing, and it usually is not what we want them to. I understand how hard it is, when you feel like a broken record about your pain, and feel that everyone else has just turned down the volume and can no longer hear you.... Hang in there. I wish I could give you in person.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register