Can't believe I'm still having a period | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can't believe I'm still having a period Can't believe I'm still having a period

Unread 03-27-2003, 07:54 PM
Can't believe I'm still having a period

I had a hysterectomy in July everything was taken out except my cervix. I felt bad in August for a couple of days like when you have your period but their was no blood. The next month I went to the dr. with the pain was told I had a bladder infection their was a little spotting. I ask if it normal to bleed with a bladder infection. The dr. said yes. I notice that every month about the same time I was getting a bladder infection and the amount of blood was increasing. The pain was becoming unbearable I had to go to the emergency one month was told I had a severe bladder infection. The next month the same thing happen. A ct scan was order and the next week I had to take an u/s. Was told i had a cyst and some other thing that I still don't quite understand. But I do know that I am getting my period each month. Is there anyone out their that have a similar problem. If so please reply.

Sulene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2003, 08:11 PM

Hi Sulene

I don't know what I would have done, if I wouldn't have found HS before my surgery. HS helped me when it came to asking questions about the type of surgery I had. I had a LAVH kept both ovaries, cervix & uterus removed. From what I understand if the cervix is kept their is a chance for mini periods. You don't say how bad you are bleeding. Are you having a lot of pain? I think maybe you should give your Doctor a call.

Best wishes to you, I will keep you in my ers

rroettger1965
Unread 03-27-2003, 08:15 PM

Hi Sulene,

Did you keep your ovaries? I had a hyst, keeping my cervix also, but have not experienced any bleeding or period type feelings. If you have a cyst, where was it located? THe only other thing that comes to mind is that if even a little bit of the endometrial lining was left after the hyst, that you could bleed from that. I hope you find out what is causing the bleeding. Keep us posted s

Marta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2003, 08:15 PM

I had an LSH and left cervix & ovaries, I asked my Dr about the mini periods thing and she told me that if I did get them she would (in the office) laser any remaining pockets of lining that might be attached to the cervix. That it was rare but it does occur sometimes when keeping the cervix. So call you Dr for sure.
Unread 03-27-2003, 08:23 PM
dMannose

If the lining of the cervix isn't removed, you can have spotting. I thought that required ovaries, though. I don't even have spotting, but my ovaries probably gave up and quit.

I have (or had) a long history of bladder infections, and it seems it takes about a month for an almost-healed bladder infection to flare up again. I've had significant bleeding from a bladder infection too - but I think that means it's really a bad one.

I think you should keep taking your antibiotics and have the diagnostic work done. In the meantime, please consider one more thing: take dMannose. It's a sugar that prevents e coli bacteria from sticking to the lining of the bladder. If your infection is caused by e coli (90% are), dMannose will completely cure it within a day or two. If you infection isn't caused by e coli, it probably won't help, but it won't hurt. I don't sell dMannose - I just evangalize.

Some more info on dMannose:
http://substance.altmedangel.com/sugar.htm
http://www.bestmall.com/wp/urinary_tract_infection/
http://www.alternative-bladder-infec...com/clear.html

I hope your tests don't show anything worse than a bad bladder infection, and I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 03-27-2003, 08:36 PM

I too have been dealing with monthly UTI's.

Sometimes the blood is enough to apear to be AF related.
But it (UTI)was only inflamed by my endo monthly.

4 days after my surgery(March 18th) I have yet again developed a UTI.
They say it is due to the cathitor, but who knows yet.

My first UTI that started last June took 4 months to be DX.
By this point the infection was so severe, I was shedding the lining of my bladder. Not a pretty site. Had me totally freaked to see such large amounts of tissue in the urine.

I have had the IVP,CT, ultra sound and a urologist preformed a scope and couldn't find anything at that time(dec 2002)
That is how I found out about endometreosis. It is the main cause for UTI's.

So after I heal from the Hyst, if I'm still having these issues, I'm not sure what way to go for treatment from here.

So yes, I know exactly how you feel.
I'm on a round of antibiotics for one as we speak.
Very painful.

Good Luck
I'm waiting to see the imput from others on this.

Patty

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register