Surferbabe: the update! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surferbabe: the update! Surferbabe: the update!

Unread 03-27-2003, 10:05 PM
Surferbabe: the update!

Hi, guys!

I just have a moment or two before I have to go back to the Castle to bug (((Linda))) into her deep breathing exercises again!

Surgery itself went really well, taking only two hours instead of the expected three. The surgeon indicated that she should have no further problem from this diverticulosis that has plagued her for some time. I know she's looking forward to being able to eat nuts and seeds again!

Thank you all for your well-wishes and ers...I know they had a lot to do with how smoothly things went. Pain control is a problem...Linda needs a lot more than most of us, as her body metabolizes the Dilaudid faster than it can take away her pain. But she's gotten some relief and is dozing, in and out. Tomorrow, she has to get up and at least stand at the bedside -- and I can tell she is NOT looking forward to it! But the pillow are at work, reminding her about the deep breathing and moving and all that

Speaking of the police, she DID have to turn on her mobile IM messenger!!! Some ladies are just addicted, I guess (LOL). But I don't really think she is all that ready for actual communication, just yet...gotta let those drugs wear off a bit first...

Hugs to you all, and I promise to print this thread out as it evolves to take to her...updates when I can...

Audrey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2003, 12:13 AM

((((((((Linda))))))))

I'm SO glad that all went well & the surgery went quick !
You are so lucky to have (((((Audrey))))) there with you ! Please be a good Princess & try to stand up tommorrow - I know its hard, but ya gotta do it.
I'll be praying that your recovery continues well & that your pain will be kept under wraps. We will all be thinking of you Linda
Thanks for the update (coach ) Audrey !

Susan
Unread 03-28-2003, 04:25 AM

whooooo hooooooo for you Linda!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad to hear that things are looking better for you sweetie!! And I just know your going to be a model Princess aren't you???

((((((((Audrey)))))) thanks so much for the update!!! I wish I could have had you as my coach

lots of 's for both of you!!!!

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2003, 05:36 AM

Audrey,
Thank you so much for letting us know how Linda is doing. I will be ing for a smooth and speedy recovery. Keep those on standby.

Please let Linda know I'm sending lots of s and looking forward to hearing from her soon. But not too soon! She needs to rest, rest, rest.
Unread 03-28-2003, 05:48 AM
HOORAY!!!

What Great news- so glad all went well!! Thanks for the update Audrey.. please let Linda know we are thinking of her and for her to get all the rest that she can..

Sending warm sss and lots of ..keep the good news coming!!
Unread 03-28-2003, 06:18 AM

((audrey)))
thanks for letting us know how linda is doing, i have been thinking about her and wondered how the surgery went , please pass on my best wishes for her and tell her i am sending some special healing ,s from across the pond in scotland to her !
love and hugs
denise
xxx
Unread 03-28-2003, 08:12 AM

Linda, GET WELL SOON!!!!! WE miss you here on the boards! Seriously, be a good princess and take your time getting well. You deserve to feel better! Take care and we will be waiting to hear from you when you feel up to it. Thanks, Audrey!(I miss you!)

Emily s

P. S. Making brownies for Linda with LOTS of nuts in them.
Unread 03-28-2003, 09:08 AM

Thanks so much Audrey for the update. Please give Linda a HUGE and let her know we are thinking of her and hope she gets better soon!!

I can relate to the pain med problem, I have the same problem getting it all under control. My Gyn even gives me a jokingly hard time about it..

Sending Linda's way!! Keep her moving and Audrey, you are more than welcome to come be my pain coach April 30th!!!! You are a GREAT friend!!!

Pam
Unread 03-28-2003, 09:08 AM

(((Linda)))

I'm so glad that (((Audrey))) is there with you! And it's great that the surgery was quicker than expected. PLEASE take your time healing, Sweetie -- we want you back, but we want you back healthy and strong!

z
Unread 03-28-2003, 09:47 AM

audrey,
thank you so much for the update, i've been so concerned. my brain fog prevented me from considering the time difference so i was checking the comp at 1 yesterday! of course, then i "came to" and realized she was in surgery! then we had a power outage........grrrrrrr. so anyways, i'm very glad to hear things went so well. you are such a good friend to come and take care of linda.

linda,
what are you doing with your mobile on!!! i thought you were going to try to be a good princess... good luck with standing up today...i always found that to be the worst, standing up for the first time, so know that it will get better after that. i hope your pain is a little more under control today. please know that we miss you and hope and pray for your complete recovery. 's cynthia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register