Surferbabe: the update! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surferbabe: the update! Surferbabe: the update!

Unread 03-28-2003, 08:03 PM
Surferbabe: the update!

Audrey - Thanks so much for the update about Linda. It's great to know that she has you and Lynda there to look out for her. What great pals you are!

Linda - please be an especially good princess so that you heal perfectly! Nuts are one of my favorite snack foods, so just say the word and I'll send some your way.

Sending positive energy and healing thoughts.

Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2003, 08:25 PM
Linda....

So happy to hear your surgery is over and went well

You'll soon be back (((((online))))) and feeling spiffy!!

Lori
Unread 03-28-2003, 09:15 PM

Hi Linda! Hang in there rincess: All the best in your recovery...
s (gentle)
Sandy
Lavh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2003, 09:17 PM

That's supposed to be Take care Suferbabe!!
Sandy
Lavh
Unread 03-28-2003, 10:16 PM

Hi there!

Well, everyone's favorite is doing SOO much better today! Getting the N-G tube out was HUGE, of course, and she got the IVs in her hands out (still has a central line). Now that she is able to get the Toradol and the continuous Dilaudid has stopped, she's much happier, more alert, and more comfortable. As I write, she took a couple of good walks today and probably is getting one more before I get back. We did her hair (though not to her specifications ) and she looked like she was beginning to feel human again! I predict boredom will be a problem before long...and she sure wishes they would let her eat and get her Foley out, but that's for another day...

Anyway, I'm printing out these wishes and taking them to her, and they're better than flowers (though maybe not better than the flowers that DBF brought). Maybe tomorrow I can bring her laptop and she can tell you herself what your thoughts have meant to her!

I'm back to the Castle...thank you all for your good cheer and well-wishes. They are truly appreciated, by us both...

Audrey
Unread 03-28-2003, 10:21 PM
Whoops, forgot the most interesting part!

...which is, that the surgeon, when he spoke with her this morning, told her exactly what he found...

Linda's original surgery was for prolapse, and she chose to have oophorectomy at the same time (vaginal hyst). However, when the surgeon went in yesterday, guess what they found??? Ovarian tissue, possibly with tubal tissue as well, all knotted in and around part of the colon They had to remove more than anticipated, too, leaving her with a third of her colon (oh, well, no more constipation!). I keep telling her that my DD has NO large intestine (which is true, it was removed when she was two days old) and she does just fine!

So, this all probably was also hyst-related in part, and even better news that it's all over...

Audrey
Unread 03-29-2003, 12:35 AM
Hi Linda..........

Big healing 's to you! Congrats on having surgery over with and being on your way to a full recovery. I'm glad that Audrey was available to be there with you and to give us updates. (Thanks Audrey). I know I'm late in posting, but I've thought about you many times since Thursday.

I hope you have great nurses and if not..I hope Audrey is whooping them into shape. Take your time, I know you want to be healed and headed home right now! We miss you and look forward to hearing from you as soon as you're up to it. We you and want you home and well as soon as possible.

Love Dawn
Unread 03-29-2003, 02:32 AM

I am praying that Linda gets better and better each day. I am so glad that she has some "sisters" looking after her. Give her a big
Unread 03-29-2003, 06:36 AM

Woo-Hoo!!!

Thank - you so much ((((((Audrey)))))) for this great update on our dear sweet ((((((((((Linda))))))))))

I have been praying for you Linda, and I am so happy that this surgery is behind you. I will continue to pray that you will get stronger each day....and for an uneventful recovery. We will look forward to hearing from you...ONLY when you are up to it.

Your sisters Love you

Thanks so much ((((((((Audrey)))))))) for taking such good care of our You are such a good friend to us all.
Unread 03-29-2003, 06:48 AM

(((((Audrey)))))

Thanks so much for keeping us up-dated about Linda!! I've been thinking about her, and am so glad to see this thread. It sounds as if you're a terrific member of the pillow brigade, and doing your best to make (((((Linda))))) be a good .

((((((((((Linda))))))))))

Please don't try to do too much too soon - get lots of and come back only when you have regained your strength. I'm so glad it's over and that you're on your way to full recovery now. You know what we tell the pre-op - "you have one chance to heal properly". That goes for (((((you))))), too. We miss you, but your health is more important.

(((((hug)))))

Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register