A Bunch Of Bad Symptoms - Anyone Have An Idea?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A Bunch Of Bad Symptoms - Anyone Have An Idea?? A Bunch Of Bad Symptoms - Anyone Have An Idea??

Unread 03-29-2003, 05:27 PM
A Bunch Of Bad Symptoms - Anyone Have An Idea??

It seems I am always showing up here when I get in trouble... I am so grateful for this forum!

These symptoms are shown in the order they presented themselves, starting about 3 weeks ago. If anyone has experienced these, please let me know what it was. I'm miserable!

1) 3 weeks ago sudden severe constipation for an entire week. Finally took Fleet and resolved things for awhile. Still intermittent problems.

2) Same time, abdominal fullness - now to the point of feeling 6 months pregnant! Pressure and pain all over abdomen. Feeling similar to bad menstrual cramps! (Although I don't have a uterus, LOL). "Lost the bottom button!" Have gained a lot of weight at same time.

3) Generalized ill feeling.

4) Five days ago thru now - feeling like a yeast infection - painful urination - started Monistat and had slight improvement but now getting worse again.

5) Today - large amount of blood (like a period) when I went to the potty, not sure if from urine or vaginal. Increased pain when I go potty. Feel awful all over, slight fever. Constant dull pain in lower abdomen.

Any ideas, ladies?? God bless you! Love, Sheila
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2003, 05:48 PM

I don't have any idea what it might be, but I think you should call your doctor ASAP. Take care of yourself and let us know what your doctor says
Unread 03-29-2003, 06:03 PM
bad symptoms

Sheila, I'm not an MD but I believe that your described symptoms warrant an appt. with your doc. Please call and I hope that you feel better soon. elizza
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2003, 07:20 PM

I agree. You need to discuss these symptoms with your doctor. After the first week or so, you should be feeling a little better each day, not worse.

Please let us know what your doctor tells you.

Unread 03-29-2003, 07:31 PM

If you experienced a large amount of blood loss while on the toilet, coupled with the bowel symptoms you describe, I would consider the possibility that the blood came from your bowel. Wherever it came from, you definitely need to see your doctor. And don't wait around. You don't want to get into big trouble.

Joselle
Unread 03-29-2003, 07:54 PM

Thanks - I'm pretty sure it's not coming from that end But whatever it is, it's still going on. I am getting pretty worried at this point. I don't want to go to the ER for it, not sure it's THAT serious, you know?? I hate these health quandaries!!
Unread 03-29-2003, 10:25 PM

I know what you mean. And how come these things seem to happen on weekends or at night? :confuse: Anyway, you know what's best. One way to tell if the blood is coming from your vagina is to isert a tampon and see what it looks like in a little while. It might also be a good idea to stay on top of the constipation with diet and stool softeners if necessary. Then give your doctor a call when the office opens first thing on Monday unles this happens again and then call anyway.

Hope you're OK.

Joselle
Unread 03-30-2003, 03:44 AM
Vaginal cuff?

Do you still have your cervix or a vaginal cuff? I've got no idea what's happening to you and agree with the others that you really need to see your doctor asap but do you think the extreme constipation and straining has put too much pressure on your vaginal cuff (if you;ve had your cervix removed) and that it's torn a little and gotten infected?

You could have a haematoma in your abdomen because of the pressure too and this would explain the blood draining out but as I said before I don't really have much of a clue what it could be.
Unread 03-30-2003, 03:58 AM

(((Sheila))),
I agree with the others...pls see your Dr You can call the Drs answering service on the weekends & have the one on-call paged. Pls describe your symptoms & they can further direct you on what to do
My thots & prayers will be with you, pls keep us posted...(((hugs)))
Unread 03-30-2003, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joselle
One way to tell if the blood is coming from your vagina is to isert a tampon and see what it looks like in a little while.
Please remember the 'nothing in vagina for 6 weeks' rule and call your doctor before you try this.

You said you don't want to go to the ER; however, you can call the ER and ask to speak to the doctor on call. At least s/he can tell you if your symptoms are such that you can wait until tomorrow to call your own doctor.

I hope you feel better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register