I'm on the home stretch | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm on the home stretch I'm on the home stretch

Unread 03-30-2003, 06:18 PM
I'm on the home stretch

A week from Tuesday will be my castle date.
Now all the sudden I'm having more worries than
before. For example.

1. Will I get congested and have to have the surgery
cancelled or postponed?

2. Will I make it through? Should I write "goodbye" letters
in case? My kids are going thru some hard things
right now and I worry about them alot lately. My youngest
son, school, my oldest son and his disability. My daughter
and.. well, the things we worry about with our daughters
at a pre teen age.

I want to still have plenty of time to have with my family
and I want to be there for grandkids etc etc......
I still dont' have the house cleaned right or meals prepared.
I'm off this Tuesday and Wednesday so Maybe I"ll get some
things like that done....
I thought waiting was the hard part. SEems like
the week before is worse....lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2003, 06:25 PM
I'm on the home stretch

txlynn,

3 weeks and counting for me. I still have cleaned house or goten any thing ready.

Wishing you the best!

s
Unread 03-30-2003, 06:43 PM
I'm on the home stretch

txlynn,

I , too am awaiting my surgery, TAH with 5 weeks to go.
And I wonder if I should write goodbye letters to dh and
kids. But then I think maybe it's too morbid and maybe
I should just give my dh a nice card telling him what he
means to me. The choice is really your own. im wishing
all goes well with you, I worry about my own two kids
but you know their tough and will be o.k. either way.
They have the most wonderful father, who will be there
for them.

Hugs and happy thoughts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2003, 06:49 PM
I'm on the home stretch

I bet 'goodbye' letters aren't necessary. However, how about journalling your feelings so you have them there when you're not feeling so positive toward these people some day? You can go back and read what you wrote to remind yourself of how precious they are to you. Because, trust me, things get back to normal faster than you think.

Anyway, I say never pass up an opportunity to record the beautiful thoughts you have about your family.

Joselle
Unread 03-30-2003, 08:32 PM
I'm on the home stretch

Have you ladies been reading my mind??
I will be having a TVH/BSO & repair work, on April 9. I just got my recovery room put together. I have decided on Lavender as my princess color! All joking aside, I too have been wondering about the mortality rate of these proceedures. ... I don't want my family to worry unnecessarily, but I don't want to scare them.....DH knows the risks and all, but still....

I really KNOW that all will be well, and aside from not being able to have a BM comfortable, I don't expect to have any problems.

Good luck with your castle appointments!

Unread 03-30-2003, 09:03 PM
Home Stretch

txlynn,
My castle date is the same 4/8. This past weekend has been the worst.
DH's birthday- I went overboard on gifts this year. I wanted to make it
a great b'day. Favorite Dinner, surprise gifts.. Too bad I had to be so nervous, moody, crabby, _ithcy....
I too, thought about writing letters- but the thought of doing that is quite frightening. My kids , DD 14 DS 12 are nervous and going through hectic times. Baseball tryouts, dance recitals, and the ever horrible Middle School social dilemas. My father passed away last August 20th (after surgery for AAA) we are all thinking about the same thing.
Our brains know we will be okay- it is our hearts and the child within that is fearful. Not being in control is the hardest part for me. My bookclub friends are planning on feeding my family. Wonderful thoughtful group of friends.
But I have a strange feeling from it= Some strange twisted brain warp that I am supposed to take care of the family.
I keep trying to focus on feeling better and having to give up control - just for a while.
Unread 03-31-2003, 01:17 PM
I'm on the home stretch

hello LIW, I am scheduled for a LSH (overies stay) on April 9th. I am so worried about the same things you just described. The weird thing about it is my husband and kids have no idea what is about to take place with the surgery and recovery process. They are in total denial and seem to think it's no big deal. MY kids are teenagers and have no interest in my fears. They are all in for a rude awakening when dinner isnt cooked and the house isnt cleaned and laundry isnt done. I'm grateful for this site since the support I get from home is nothing compared to the support I get from all the wonderful ladies who take the time out to listen and show their concern. I will continue to read and learn from all of you
Unread 03-31-2003, 10:02 PM
I'm on the home stretch

Rather than "good-bye" letters, I intend to write "What I Love About You" letters to each member of my family. My children will find them on their pillows the evening of my surgery, and I am including my husband's letter in the bag with his munchies and magazines for the waiting room.

A love letter is ALWAYS welcome and always appropriate...even to teenagers who are clueless or familiy members in denial. My date is 4-14, and I am just starting to form the letters in my mind.

I feel that, in case something should happen, at least each member will know how much I love them, and, WHEN things go as expected, they will still know how special they are!
Unread 04-01-2003, 01:44 AM
Okay It's not just me

Okay I thought I was the only one who was having the feelings of dread. My castle date is April 8th as well. I didn't think of writing letters or anything but I was just imagining all kinds of scary things...like oh GOD she's not breathing...flat line noises...stay away from the light. All that kind of crazy stuff. I believe that we will all be fine. I will be praying for all of us ...We will make it through this okay...
Unread 04-01-2003, 02:20 AM
I'm on the home stretch

hi all you liw...... i felt exactly the same way as you i contemplated writing letters and looked at my dh and children and wondered about their future.... i think this is our imagination of the what ifs.... i had vh/b.repair on 20/02 and i am feeling great... i was worried about how everyone would cope but in a crisis your family and friends rally round.. my children 22 and 19 now know how to use the hoover and cook!!! seriosly.. all will be well... the last week/ days are the worst but you will get through it and your quality of life will be so much better.... i wish you all well.. mary. xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register